Obama: Gun-control advocates have to listen more

Jan 27, 2013 Full story: WOI 665

16, 2013, file photo, President Barack Obama, accompanied by Vice President Joe Biden, talks about proposals to reduce gun violence at the White House in Washington.

Full Story
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#569 Feb 8, 2013
CB can see both sides wrote:
<quoted text>That graph ends in 2010. I can recall quite a few in the last two years.
If you go back find one that includes the last two years.
Okay, maybe this is what you're looking for:

http://hot-dogma.com/files/2012/12/sns-graphi...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#570 Feb 8, 2013
CB can see both sides wrote:
<quoted text>But there is a difference between murder and an accident. Yes, we have restrictions and controls in most swimming locations, but to ignore children being murdered is to do those children a dishonor. They are not alive to cite their case so I feel a need to do something.
I still become physically sick when t recall those autopsy results, and can only imagine what the parents must imagine.
,
Again, you are not focusing on how many deaths of children there are, you are more focused on how they die. It seems to me that you are using children to promote your own personal agenda against assault weapons. If children are involved in an activity that results in multiple deaths, or they are murdered in multitudes, what difference does it make if they are preventable? Dead is dead.

I would further state that taking away assault weapons won't result in children not getting murdered while making it illegal for kids not to go swimming would.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#571 Feb 8, 2013
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
I do recall you changing your view about Martin/Zimmerman. You defended Limbaugh. Once again you are in the minority. Majority of country wants some gun regulation. You don't and tell me polls are wrong again, just like they were wrong,(lying) when they told you Rmoney was winning, but you won't listen to anything except Fox, O'Reilly and Limbaugh, so you don't get the full picture.m.
When did I ever state the polls show people don't want some gun restrictions? I don't care what the polls show. I'm telling you how I feel about the situation. The poll I would really like to see is if people are gullible enough to believe that banning assault weapons and reducing clip size would stop the next school shooting?
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#572 Feb 8, 2013
The weapons you refer to were not designed for the military, you clueless tard. And as always, you miss the subtleties. The POINT was: what will you "back" following the next mass killing AFTER (hypothetically) your hated weapons were vaporized?

Will you then realize a) that it makes no difference what the weapon looks like and b) then move on to the next level of weapons to confiscate?

ps you may call me SIR.
CB can see both sides wrote:
<quoted text>I will feel I won because gun nuts are not killing babies with a weapon designed for the military to kill as many as quickly as possible.
Anyother uneducated questions, miss?
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What will you back if (magically) all "military type weapons and extended magazines" disappear from the face of the Earth and then there are STILL mass murders?
Say the Truth

Lansdale, PA

#574 Feb 8, 2013
CB can see both sides wrote:
<quoted text>But your degree of comprehensive and real live situations is still aligned with your ninth grade drop out decision. Miss Truth.
LMAO. I can tell your MA isn't in English Lit.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#575 Feb 9, 2013
School district to take CCW training
Updated: Wednesday, 06 Feb 2013, 7:16 PM EST
Published : Wednesday, 06 Feb 2013, 7:16 PM EST

SIDNEY, Ohio (WDTN)- The Shelby County Sheriff's Office is offering free CCW training to school administrators.

The Sheriff has been meeting with leaders of Sidney city schools and collectively plan to implement a conceal carry/firearms training for select teachers, administrators and staff.

"These personnel will be selected and approved by the local school board prior to training being offered," said Sheriff John Lenhart.

The 16-hour course has been planned and outlined by members of the Sheriff's office and will consist of 12 hours of classroom instruction and four house of firearms training.

The three instructors for this course have a combined 51 years of experience. All three are fully trained deputies and hold Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy certification.

"Training will include not only conceal carry weapons training, but also weapons safety/storage, tactics for handling weapons, dealing with suspects and basic gunshot first aid," said Sheriff Lenhart.

The district's superintendent not only said he supports the idea, but plans to take the course.

"We feel we do a good job of securing our buildings, but there is nothing that we really have in place that would deal effectively in the event of having an active shooter on our grounds like the Sandy Hook incident," said John Scheu, who is the superintendent of Sidney city schools.

http://www.wdtn.com/dpp/news/local/shelby/sch...
Amanda Slap

Dayton, OH

#576 Feb 9, 2013
Dr-Sniper wrote:
<quoted text>
Try using real statistics. The FBI publishes real, unbiased facts and statistics. Unless you think the Government would lie to you.
Do you research beyond what NRA tells you? NRA has limited what they want CDC, us, or FBI to know about Guns, violence and gun deaths. Read on.
Blackout: How the NRA suppressed gun violence research — MSNBC tv.msnbc.com/2013/01/14/blackout-how-the-nra-... ...
Jan 14, 2013 ...“The tragedy of gun violence is compounded by the fact that the usual ... engineered an effort to cut $2.6 million from its budget—exactly the amount it had .... assault rifles) account for about 323 homicides in 2011 (FBI statistic).... a mental institution because due process of law was followed in adjudication.
FactCheck.org : Gun Rhetoric vs. Gun Facts factcheck.org/2012/12/gun-rhetoric-vs-gun-fac...
Dec 20, 2012 ... Federal data also show violent crimes committed with guns .... On the other hand, we find that the statistical evidence that these laws have reduced crime is limited,... after NRA lobbyists convinced Congress to cut into its funding after a ... substantially higher, primarily due to higher firearm homicide rates.
frontline: hot guns: Firearm Injuries | PBS www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/guns/p... - Similarto frontline: hot guns: Firearm Injuries | PBS
The report was one of a number of recent CDC funded studies that have ... has campaigned to get Congress to cut CDC's funding for gun violence research.... Some of the statistics were surprising: 1994 data show that a majority of state firearm ... to find new sources of funding due to recent budget cuts at the CDC, and the ...
NRA prevents funding for studies on gun violence - McClatchy www.mcclatchydc.com/2012/08/10/160412/comment...
Aug 10, 2012 ... Commentary: NRA prevents funding for studies on gun violence ... sale or marketing, including but not limited to the advocacy or promotion of gun control.... Obama administration embraces major new cut in nuclear weapons ...
Why Does the NRA Fear the Truth About Gun Violence?- Bloomberg www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-20/why-does-th... ...
Dec 20, 2012 ... Faced with government-funded research that contradicts NRA ... violent criminals with firearms, the NRA lobbied to have gun-trace ... an amendment cutting $2.6 million from the budget of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.... Obama's Drone Attack on Your Due Process ..... You want Statistics?
The NRA's underhanded lobbying of Obamacare stops gun violence ... www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/31/1175032/-NR... ...
Dec 31, 2012 ... The NRA is restricting research on gun violence and then claiming that ... the 1990s, when the NRA urged Congress to cut funding for the Centers ... In 1996, Congress sharply limited the agency's ability to fund that type ..... Crime statistics are pretty available to researchers, whether they are doctors or not.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#577 Feb 9, 2013
Amanda Slap wrote:
<quoted text>Do you research beyond what NRA tells you? NRA has limited what they want CDC, us, or FBI to know about Guns, violence and gun deaths. Read on.
Blackout: How the NRA suppressed gun violence research — MSNBC tv.msnbc.com/2013/01/14/blackout-how-the-nra-... ...
Jan 14, 2013 ...“The tragedy of gun violence is compounded by the fact that the usual ... engineered an effort to cut $2.6 million from its budget—exactly the amount it had .... assault rifles) account for about 323 homicides in 2011 (FBI statistic).... a mental institution because due process of law was followed in adjudication.
FactCheck.org : Gun Rhetoric vs. Gun Facts factcheck.org/2012/12/gun-rhetoric-vs-gun-fac...
Dec 20, 2012 ... Federal data also show violent crimes committed with guns .... On the other hand, we find that the statistical evidence that these laws have reduced crime is limited,... after NRA lobbyists convinced Congress to cut into its funding after a ... substantially higher, primarily due to higher firearm homicide rates.
frontline: hot guns: Firearm Injuries | PBS www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/guns/p... - Similarto frontline: hot guns: Firearm Injuries | PBS
The report was one of a number of recent CDC funded studies that have ... has campaigned to get Congress to cut CDC's funding for gun violence research.... Some of the statistics were surprising: 1994 data show that a majority of state firearm ... to find new sources of funding due to recent budget cuts at the CDC, and the ...
NRA prevents funding for studies on gun violence - McClatchy www.mcclatchydc.com/2012/08/10/160412/comment...
Aug 10, 2012 ... Commentary: NRA prevents funding for studies on gun violence ... sale or marketing, including but not limited to the advocacy or promotion of gun control.... Obama administration embraces major new cut in nuclear weapons ...
Why Does the NRA Fear the Truth About Gun Violence?- Bloomberg www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-20/why-does-th... ...
Dec 20, 2012 ... Faced with government-funded research that contradicts NRA ... violent criminals with firearms, the NRA lobbied to have gun-trace ... an amendment cutting $2.6 million from the budget of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.... Obama's Drone Attack on Your Due Process ..... You want Statistics?
The NRA's underhanded lobbying of Obamacare stops gun violence ... www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/31/1175032/-NR... ...
Dec 31, 2012 ... The NRA is restricting research on gun violence and then claiming that ... the 1990s, when the NRA urged Congress to cut funding for the Centers ... In 1996, Congress sharply limited the agency's ability to fund that type ..... Crime statistics are pretty available to researchers, whether they are doctors or not.
Lmao! And who gets accused of being conspiracy theorists? You've got to be kidding me! The fact that you buy I to that BS speaks volumes about your credibility!

ROTFLMAO!

“Now do whats right!”

Since: Jan 09

Doolittle, Mo.

#578 Feb 18, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you are not focusing on how many deaths of children there are, you are more focused on how they die. It seems to me that you are using children to promote your own personal agenda against assault weapons. If children are involved in an activity that results in multiple deaths, or they are murdered in multitudes, what difference does it make if they are preventable? Dead is dead.
I would further state that taking away assault weapons won't result in children not getting murdered while making it illegal for kids not to go swimming would.
As I have stated many times befoe, I'am focusing on children deaths by assult weapons. Simply because, these procedures can make a difference on murder of children by gun nuts who choose these military type weapons to mass murder.

Again you cannot compare accidents {swimming drowning} to premediated mass murder.

Again, it will make a difference when these military type weaspons are controlled.

Again swimming in most areas do have controls, no swimming areas, lifeguards, life vests, surf warnings, dangerous rapids, etc.

“Now do whats right!”

Since: Jan 09

Doolittle, Mo.

#579 Feb 18, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
The weapons you refer to were not designed for the military, you clueless tard. And as always, you miss the subtleties. The POINT was: what will you "back" following the next mass killing AFTER (hypothetically) your hated weapons were vaporized?
Will you then realize a) that it makes no difference what the weapon looks like and b) then move on to the next level of weapons to confiscate?
ps you may call me SIR.
<quoted text>
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What will you back if (magically) all "military type weapons and extended magazines" disappear from the face of the Earth and then there are STILL mass murders?
Wrong again, check where these military type weapons were first copied from. These weapons were most definitly designed after weapons of war. Check it out unless you already realize that point and continue to stay in denial, or LIE!
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#580 Feb 18, 2013
CB can see both sides wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong again, check where these military type weapons were first copied from. These weapons were most definitly designed after weapons of war. Check it out unless you already realize that point and continue to stay in denial, or LIE!
The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to permit the conquered Eastern peoples to have arms. History teaches that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by doing so.”
&#8213; Adolf Hitler
But the most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly and with unflagging attention. It must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over. Here, as so often in this world, persistence is the first and most important requirement for success.”
&#8213; Adolf Hitler
“Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.”
&#8213; Adolf Hitler
What good fortune for those in power that people do not think.”
&#8213; Adolf Hitler
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#581 Feb 18, 2013
CB can see both sides wrote:
<quoted text>As I have stated many times befoe, I'am focusing on children deaths by assult weapons. Simply because, these procedures can make a difference on murder of children by gun nuts who choose these military type weapons to mass murder.
Again you cannot compare accidents {swimming drowning} to premediated mass murder.
Again, it will make a difference when these military type weaspons are controlled.
Again swimming in most areas do have controls, no swimming areas, lifeguards, life vests, surf warnings, dangerous rapids, etc.
“Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.”
&#8213; Adolf Hitler
What good fortune for those in power that people do not think.”
&#8213; Adolf Hitler
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#582 Feb 18, 2013
CB can see both sides wrote:
<quoted text>As I have stated many times befoe, I'am focusing on children deaths by assult weapons. Simply because, these procedures can make a difference on murder of children by gun nuts who choose these military type weapons to mass murder.
Again you cannot compare accidents {swimming drowning} to premediated mass murder.
Again, it will make a difference when these military type weaspons are controlled.
Again swimming in most areas do have controls, no swimming areas, lifeguards, life vests, surf warnings, dangerous rapids, etc.
Great. Now show me a study--any study that proves banning any kind of weapon will make a difference either in murder or mass murders. It isn't out there. It doesn't exist. I can show you places where firearm restriction had an escalation of murders--particularly gun murders. I can show you statistics where more people are killed with blunt instruments, hands and feet than rifles every year, but nothing the other way around.

You said it best here "I am focusing on children deaths by assault weapons." Again, "children" is not the subject of your argument or your main concern, assault weapons are.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#583 Feb 18, 2013
CB can see both sides wrote:
<quoted text>As I have stated many times befoe, I'am focusing on children deaths by assult weapons. Simply because, these procedures can make a difference on murder of children by gun nuts who choose these military type weapons to mass murder.
Again you cannot compare accidents {swimming drowning} to premediated mass murder.
Again, it will make a difference when these military type weaspons are controlled.
Again swimming in most areas do have controls, no swimming areas, lifeguards, life vests, surf warnings, dangerous rapids, etc.
"Since assault weapons are not a major contributor to U.S. gun homicide and the existing stock of guns is large, an assault weapons ban is unlikely to have an impact on gun violence."

Deputy director of the National Institute for Justice--DOJ's research and evaluation agency,Jan 4, 2013
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#584 Feb 18, 2013
CB can see both sides wrote:
<quoted text>As I have stated many times befoe, I'am focusing on children deaths by assult weapons. Simply because, these procedures can make a difference on murder of children by gun nuts who choose these military type weapons to mass murder.
Again you cannot compare accidents {swimming drowning} to premediated mass murder.
Again, it will make a difference when these military type weaspons are controlled.
Again swimming in most areas do have controls, no swimming areas, lifeguards, life vests, surf warnings, dangerous rapids, etc.
Kind of like gun free zones, policemen, bullet proof vests,ghetto warnings, bad ass neighborhoods, etc.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#585 Feb 18, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text>
“Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.”
&#8213; Adolf Hitler
What good fortune for those in power that people do not think.”
&#8213; Adolf Hitler
Lie big! Like the Documentary coming on MSNBC tonight at 9:00 PM titled "Hubris, Selling The Iraq War."
It is based on the book. Makes me mad to even think about the lies they told and the lives lost.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#586 Feb 18, 2013
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie big! Like the Documentary coming on MSNBC tonight at 9:00 PM titled "Hubris, Selling The Iraq War."
It is based on the book. Makes me mad to even think about the lies they told and the lives lost.
You mean kind of like Benghazi and Fast and Furious?

I'm positive those lies don't upset you.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#587 Feb 18, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean kind of like Benghazi and Fast and Furious?
I'm positive those lies don't upset you.
No, I am not talking about 'Manufactured, Smokescreen, Made Up, BS.'
I am talking about the Hoax that Cheney, Wolfowitz, Rummy, Rice and G.W. Bush perpetrated on the American people, sending our sons and daughters to die in a War, based on lies and Intel, they knew was worthless. That is what I am talking about, XX.

Since: Aug 12

United States

#588 Feb 18, 2013
Nevermind the hoax made up regarding Brian Terry.....

“Now do whats right!”

Since: Jan 09

Doolittle, Mo.

#589 Feb 19, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Great. Now show me a study--any study that proves banning any kind of weapon will make a difference either in murder or mass murders. It isn't out there. It doesn't exist. I can show you places where firearm restriction had an escalation of murders--particularly gun murders. I can show you statistics where more people are killed with blunt instruments, hands and feet than rifles every year, but nothing the other way around.
You said it best here "I am focusing on children deaths by assault weapons." Again, "children" is not the subject of your argument or your main concern, assault weapons are.
Wrong again, if these assult weapons were not used in the majority of children mass murders, I would not object the use of these weapons in the hands of responsible gun owners".

You can show me all the stats you wish, but I will counter with the majority of mass murders are committed with weapons that were developed after military type weapons which primary use is to kill as many as quickly as possible.

If you would, how many mass murders were and are committed with "blunt instruments", I'll wait for this answer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Biden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama alone after midterm repudiation 7 min tha Professor 317
Russia risks more isolation over Ukraine aggres... 1 hr Oliver cromwell 24
US, Turkey still not in sync on Syria Mon tha Professor 23
Biden ends Turkey visit without breakthrough on... Sun Mucahit Erdogan 2
'Biden get out:' Protesters greet VP in Turkey Nov 23 Uwe 1
Answers to questions about Biden's visit to Turkey Nov 22 Beautiful Istanbul 2
Should Turkey be thrown out of NATO? Nov 19 solidarity 26

Joe Biden People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE