Albuquerque teenager 'shoots dead two adults and three children'

Jan 20, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Guardian

A teenager shot dead two adults and three children inside a Albuquerque home, authorities in New Mexico said on Sunday.

Comments (Page 75)

Showing posts 1,481 - 1,500 of1,974
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!
The BAN on research is there because the NRA puts money in the pockets of Congress who authorize (or DON'T authorize) money for research.
The GUN LOBBY.
Particularly, restrictions put on place on the CDC.
EG: at the gun group's urging, Congressman Jay Dickey (R), removed $2.6 million from the CDC's injury prevention center, researching firearm fatalities.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAH!
DO SHOW US THE NRA POSITION SCREAMING FOR MORE RESEARCH ON FIREARM FATALITIES!
I assumed they were referring to firearms research, as in new weapons development, not firearm fatalities. Huge difference! Why wouldn't the NRA support new firearms research?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Just left of right wrote:
<quoted text>
I assumed they were referring to firearms research,
You know what happens when you assume...

After the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, calls for gun-control legislation have begun. Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) said on NBC's Meet the Press that she plans to introduce a bill to ban assault weapons. Even West Virginia Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin, who calls himself a gun supporter, says he sees no reason for these types of weapons.

But as Congress considers new laws, the scientific research we need to craft the best policies is in short supply. This is by design.

In the 1990s, politicians backed by the NRA attacked researchers for publishing data on firearm research. For good measure, they also went after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for funding the research. According to the NRA, such science is not “legitimate.” To make sure federal agencies got the message, Rep. Jay Dickey (R-Ark.) sponsored an amendment that stripped $2.6 million from the CDC’s budget, the exact amount it had spent on firearms research the previous year.

But last summer, Dickey recanted. No longer in office, he wrote an editorial stating that “scientific research should be conducted into preventing firearm injuries and that ways to prevent firearm deaths can be found without encroaching on the rights of legitimate gun owners.”

To understand more about what we know and don’t know about the science of firearm violence, Slate contacted Garen Wintemute, director of the Violence Prevention Research Program at the University of California, Davis Medical Center. For over 30 years, he has studied firearm violence and published more than 100 studies in the field.

Paul Thacker: Since the ban on CDC funding for firearm violence research, how do scientists such as yourself find money for this type of science?

Garen Wintemute: The National Institute of Justice had a highly respected program of research in the field, smaller than CDC’s. That program ended several years ago when its program officer, a strong advocate for research on violence, retired. A number of private foundations also provided funding for this research, particularly in the 1990s, but many of them have left the field as well. Today, to my knowledge, there are fewer than five.

PT: Have other agencies besides the CDC also been intimidated by funding this type of research?

GW: I’ll let the agencies discuss whether they’ve been intimidated or simply prevented or prohibited. The statutory language, which remains in appropriations legislation for the Department of Health and Human Services to this day, is that “none of the funds made available in this title may be used, in whole or in part, to advocate or promote gun control.” I think it’s fair to say that this language has been interpreted at times to mean that none of the funds could be used to support research that, depending on its findings, might be used in support of efforts to alter current firearm policy.

It’s worth noting that when signing the budget for 2012, President Obama said of this provision that “I have advised the Congress that I will not construe these provisions as preventing me from fulfilling my constitutional responsibility to recommend to the Congress’s consideration such measures as I shall judge necessary and expedient.”

These comments have new relevance in light of the president’s statement this Wednesday that he is appointing Vice President Biden to chair a panel that will recommend a slate of firearm policy reforms by next month.

PT: About as many people in the United States are killed in auto accidents as by firearms. How does the amount of research and number of scientists in auto safety compare to firearm safety?

GW: I believe that 2012 will turn out to be the first year in which the United States has more deaths from firearm violence than motor vehicles.

(clip)
http://tinyurl.com/c3cmwe4

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your head would be in the way, ScrotumSniffer.
You are either a minor and your parents don't know you are at the keyboard or your Depakote is not working. What's with your fixation on genitals? Don't answer.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Just left of right wrote:
<quoted text>
I assumed they were referring to firearms research, as in new weapons development, not firearm fatalities. Huge difference! Why wouldn't the NRA support new firearms research?
Watch. Diane Feinstein. She and her husband carry legally and have bodyguards. Now that is fair and balanced. Seen the guns she doesn't know which end is up from? A good cite.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Willothewisp wrote:
You are either a minor a
You are either a hooker, or a slut who gives it away for eight balls which clearly you inhale on a frequent basis and then post here.
alan

Livonia, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are either a hooker, or a slut who gives it away for eight balls which clearly you inhale on a frequent basis and then post here.
hey dick sucker,ijust want to teach you some recpect!
Another

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
insane set of assertions.
Law

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Another wrote:
<quoted text>
insane set of assertions.
More tripe rom the Santa Fe Sock Puppet.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your head would be in the way, ScrotumSniffer.
Still can't come up with your own words huh. Must be tough being a moron and trying to impress all the little boys on the play ground.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
g james, back for more abuse?

lecry-a-thon: Day 89.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Guadalajara, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Funny thing is, you're a proven liar son!
Dozens have asked when and where and now you are just a resident troll

But I like playing with trolls like you........

“Facts”

Guadalajara, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Poor angry troll: doesn't like to be called on his lies.
Really???

Is that why you can't prove your claim that everyone that owns an assault weapon is crazy????

“Facts”

Guadalajara, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
Poor angry HomoOne: See how he moves the goalposts...

Sunday Jan 27

Only a moron would shoot a moose with a 30/30
In Canada it is not even legal

Sunday Jan 27
Tell us again how you pull the trigger on a 30/30 shooting a moose when a 30/30 is not recommended for any game over a couple hundred pounds and closer than a 100 yards
Correct

And I will post the link just as soon as you prove that everyone that owns an assault weapon is crazy..........ROTFLMAO

Have you ever looked into anger management classes???

“Facts”

Guadalajara, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>#1041
Sunday Jan 27

Only a moron would shoot a moose with a 30/30
In Canada it is not even legal
Correct

“Facts”

Guadalajara, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL

read the post.

LOL

Disprove the post
LOL
LOL
Yep

“Facts”

Guadalajara, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>You are either a hooker, or a slut who gives it away for eight balls which clearly you inhale on a frequent basis and then post here.
Anger management classes would help

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

I think he wishes his was an assault weapon. The key to sexual excitement is dirty talk. He likes to combine it with the inferior trash talk.

Anger issues are important if one carries a firearm. One has to walk away from the insults. The slights. More so than if one were unarmed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Here Is One wrote:
Is that why you can't prove your claim that everyone that owns an assault weapon is crazy????
Why can't you find that quote?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Willothewisp wrote:
Anger issues are important if one carries a firearm.
Wow! how insightful!

I wonder how many of the 32,000 firearm deaths occur when someone is angry?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct
Can't admit you are wrong, can you, dear.

"In Canada and the U.S. the cartridge has also been used on moose, caribou, and pronghorn. Modern opinions in Canada on its suitability for moose are mixed. Paul Robertson, a Canadian hunting firearms columnist, says, "Too many moose have been taken with the 30/30 to rule it out as good for this purpose as well." [5] In both Canada and the U.S. it has a long history of use on moose.[6]"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,481 - 1,500 of1,974
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••