Obama, Romney clash on economy in first debate

Oct 3, 2012 Full story: Connecticut Post 42

Republican presidential candidate, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney greets passers-by as he makes an unscheduled stop at a Chipotle restaurant in Denver, Tuesday, Oct.

Full Story
He Goes to the Tea Party

Asheville, NC

#24 Oct 4, 2012
ohReally __-__-__-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember the first 3 and a half years of oBama's failed policies hearing the name Bush chanted over and over again.
When does the present come in to play for you folks?
....in the future?
WWII stopped the hemorrhaging of the Great Depression. Otherwise the recovery would have taken longer. The wartime economy put everybody back to work, even the nation's women who had previously been housewives.

The market crash came in '29 and the recovery went on for 10 years until USA was thrust into WWII.

Rome wasn't built in a day, my airheaded little pal.
He Goes to the Tea Party

Asheville, NC

#25 Oct 4, 2012
Listen Up wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure like living in the past don't you Mr.Senility. The fact is that your big Democratic ego prevents you from admitting that Governor Romney made a good showing last night.
OH, so history is not a part of your curriculum. Neither was civics.

Mittens did make a good showing. It looked like he was fueled on amphetamines. And that quip he made to the moderator he interrupted so rudely so many times -- about Big Bird --- that was a keeper, my whiny old crone. That's your RoMONEY. That and Boca Raton, my geriatric fizzbang.

BTW, come see me and I'll show you how senile YOU are.
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

#26 Oct 4, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Throughout the debate, Bishop Rmoney looked like he was crying. That didn't look presidential.
That was tears of joy knowing the man elected as an inner city block captain, is just a talker, and not a walker. I expect ugliness in the next debates. That would be the next phase when someone does not get their way with that attitude. Violence through nasty accusations is coming to Romney. A sort of hit you on the side of the head type of thing that will get progressively worse to physical confrontation if you don't acquiesse and agree with my thinking. Of course this will be totally verbal. So Romney needs to be aware of this and let the president fume in his answers and demeanor. I feel like an inner city psychologist. But most people that live in cities and have experienced the inner city bull, realizes this. The sad thing is the people who could have been helped in a much more massive way if "THE SYSTEM WAS/IS NOT PLAYED"! Mitt has to convince the people who have not experienced this, but show them those traits. The real tragedy is that men with IQ's of 110-120 and higher are marginalized for others who are 20 points lower. And people who believe they are doing the right thing in social engineering are helping to destroy us. Nothing they do is enough. they need to add more programs as addennums to fix the programs they said would fix the problems we already had. This is not to demean people who are not as educated or intelligent. This is to stop denying those who are educated and more intelligent positions of importance and to move this nation really forward. Progressives made the system as it is. It could have been assimilation and we are all in it together. Instead it is tooth and nail diversity/political correctness/affirmative action/etc/etc/etc that has now brought us to where many predicted it would. Lets improve our responsible actions first. It will be a step to healing. And we need some of them.
Money

Rancho Cordova, CA

#30 Oct 4, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did Bishop Rmoney call his sons (all five) liars during the debate??? Wasn't he their teacher?
Nice try doh-head.
Money

Rancho Cordova, CA

#31 Oct 4, 2012
David Axelrod is grabbing at straws since last night. Any honest person can see that.

Have you ever tried to stop a house of cards from collapsing? It can't be done.
U Toothless Old Wolverine

Asheville, NC

#32 Oct 4, 2012
<quoted text>
If war is so good for the ecomony, why is oBama beating his chest about pulling out and ending the wars we have going on?
Typical false conclusion by a republitard. America, for the most part, was drawn into WWII because we and our allies had been savagely attacked by invaders, first at Pearl Harbor. Then Germany declared war on the USA after we declared war on its ally Japan after our naval base in Hawaii was decimated.

First of all economic turmoil in Europe gave USA the opportunity to export both goods AND war goods to both sides of the saber-rattling going on in Europe in the mid-thirties. This trade vastly improved USA's post-Depression economy.

While WWII was a war of necessity to curtail German expansion in Europe and Japanese expansion in the East, neither Vietnam, nor Iraq, nor Afghanistan were congressionally declared wars of necessity. They were waged by other motivations, including a tinge of expansionism.

The economic benefit from WWII was collateral and coincidental to our reasons for war. You must be a little thick, to say the least.

You have to ask yourself, well, not you because you are ignorant of both the questions and the answers, what economic or strategic benefits the USA realizes by maintaining wars in Iraq or Afghanistan. The truth is that we have lost trillions by waging these wars and have received nothing but body bags full of dead Americans in return. Still we must maintain a presence in these places because of the expansionist designs of our half-friends, China and Russia.

Iran is different. Ahmadinejad is busy trying to build a nuke, and he has already declared his intent to annihilate our allies in the region and impose Islamic submission on the rest of the world.

Germany has a booming peacetime economy. America should look to Germany with its superior educational system, its ability to put the unemployed to work during times of growing unemployment, and its progressive tax rate (up to 45%), and a prosperous middle class. Last I read, Angela Merkel enjoys a 61% approval rate in Germany, something unheard of in the politically deadlocked USA.

The USA will not survive without a healthy middle class. That's just a fact.
The Bear Jew

Asheville, NC

#33 Oct 4, 2012
It's all Romney's fault and the dumb moderators fault that my boy Barack looked so stupid last night. Whhhaaaaaa!:)
Barry Soetoro

United States

#34 Oct 4, 2012
He Goes to the Tea Party wrote:
<quoted text>
WWII stopped the hemorrhaging of the Great Depression. Otherwise the recovery would have taken longer. The wartime economy put everybody back to work, even the nation's women who had previously been housewives.
The market crash came in '29 and the recovery went on for 10 years until USA was thrust into WWII.
Rome wasn't built in a day, my airheaded little pal.
Roosevelt's policies caused the Depression to last much longer in the USA than in the rest of the world. Read what Roosevelt's Treasury Secretary, Henry Morgenthau, Jr. had to say about why the Depression lasted longer in the US. You might be surprised.
ROMNEY Landslide

Philadelphia, PA

#35 Oct 4, 2012
taxfreeromnee wrote:
<quoted text>why would we kill ourselves when you're the one we want to die?
bring it on, pipsqueak
Obama Back To Africa

Asheville, NC

#36 Oct 4, 2012
Obama will be soon chucking his spear in Africa and sleeping on a dirt floor with his brother the goat herder.
Cullen Back to Minnetonka

Asheville, NC

#37 Oct 4, 2012
Obama Back To Africa wrote:
Obama will be soon chucking his spear in Africa and sleeping on a dirt floor with his brother the goat herder.
You are mentally ill. And drinking on top of it doesn't help.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#38 Oct 4, 2012
Romney/Ryan/Antichrist 2012:

"A secretly recorded video released last month showed Romney at a private fundraiser denigrating 47 percent of Americans as government-dependent victims who pay no taxes and would back Obama "no matter what." That followed Romney's widely criticized response to attacks on U.S. compounds in Libya and Egypt." R

Of course, those who commit felonies do not care if the lie for 90 minutes while denigrating the country and the office of POTUS.

The true filth of the rightwing comes out in a torrent where lying is not the most important thing, it is the only thing.

Location hidden

#39 Oct 4, 2012
Obama Back To Africa wrote:
Romney will soon be sleeping in his green apron over his genitals wondering how many wives he can boink when he gets to be God over a different planet. He is reading Battlefield Earth for the 100th time and wondering if he would make more money and get younger wives as a Scientologist.

Location hidden

#40 Oct 4, 2012
ROMNEY Landslide wrote:
<quoted text>
bring it on, pipsqueak
OK, here it is flaccid fool:

A secretly recorded video released last month showed Romney at a private fundraiser denigrating 47 percent of Americans as government-dependent victims who pay no taxes and would back Obama "no matter what." That followed Romney's widely criticized response to attacks on U.S. compounds in Libya and Egypt.

Location hidden

#41 Oct 4, 2012
<quoted text>
Yeah he did. But,
....where was Hussein?
Las Vegas again?
Taping The View, maybe?
“Obama has had less time to prepare than we anticipated. That’s just a fact. It’s difficult to schedule significant blocks of time when you’re the president.”
(smh)
Racist much? Of course all Republiscum are anti-American fascist racists. Hitler is your true God and now you can heil to Romney. Oh, I forgot, you already do that.

Location hidden

#42 Oct 4, 2012
LOL:

Romney ignores Wall Street, goes after Sesame Street.

Typical of fascists cowards like Romney...go after mothers and toddlers.

Location hidden

#43 Oct 4, 2012
Paul Fascist Ryan Pathological Liar screams at FoxFraud because he has no plans except to rape and pillage the middle class family.

"Paul Ryan To Fox News:‘I Don’t Have The Time’ To Explain How We Will Pay For Our Tax Plan"

Location hidden

#44 Oct 4, 2012
The Bear Jew wrote:
It's all Romney's fault and the dumb moderators fault that my boy Barack looked so stupid last night. Whhhaaaaaa!:)
Obama: presidential, calm and truthful. He is the man we trust with the nuclear trigger.

Romney: childish, disrespectful, bullying, out of control pathological liar who infects the very ground he walks on. This is the man we wouldn't trust to hold our wallet for a minute.

What Romney's flaccid debate proved is that the GOP is actually looking for a liar. Republiscums want a scumbag to lead them. The rank and file want to be pillaged by 17 billionaires who own Romney. The cloth coat Republiscum in flyover country, old, obese, poor, uneducated and part of the 47% are so full of self loathing and fear they want to be spit upon and told by Ann Romney that her dressage horse is more important than they are.

I never realized that Romney, immoral, unethical, pathologically lying, secretive, deceitful and denigrating is exactly what Republiscums want their leaders to be.

Who knew? Last night proved it. 30 minutes of Romney promising to balance the budget using card tricks and magic wands saying ignore the man with the $7 TRILLION in tax cuts and military spending on the nation's credit card.

Sad that the GOP is now the party of derelicts, hucksters, grifters, liars, criminals and thieves.

Location hidden

#45 Oct 4, 2012
The debate wasn't a debate at all. It was a truth in advertising look at the filth that is the GOP. The stench is pervasive and permanent.

The GOP will not recover from being the party of Romney Felons, draft dodgers and tax dodgers, pillagers and thieves in our lifetime.
Larry Oaks

Asheville, NC

#46 Oct 4, 2012
I am so disappointed in my boy Obama. Maybe he is just a spearchucker without portfolio. A negro without a mouthpiece. I just may vote Romney because we need to get our economy going again and obviously Obama is too stupid to figure it out. Or worse yet, he doesn't care and hates the country so much he wants us to go under.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Biden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biden to miss Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu'... Feb 26 fyi 68
More than force needed to fight extremism: US Feb 21 Le Jimbo 50
White House Looks For Ways To 'Undercut' Netany... Feb 21 Jeff Brightone 1
US, Turkey still not in sync on Syria Feb 20 Toybars 28
Defense Secretary Carter sworn in, calls for 'b... Feb 18 Gruber Makes Sens... 8
Biden will not attend Netanyahu's Congress speech Feb 17 Snark Hunter 4
Lost in Space Feb 16 Fck zioneurohuns 8
More from around the web