Tim Rutten: RIP to rational firearm regulation

Mar 23, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Whittier Daily News

In the wake of the Newtown, Conn., school massacre, the commenting class and its symbiotic comrades the "political insiders" solemnly told us that unspeakable tragedy finally had changed the nation's collective heart and mind - and that some restoration of rational firearms regulation surely would result.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Mar 25, 2013

Since: Nov 09

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Gee Timmy.....are you going to do a story on America's love for muscle cars next? Funny how left wing dirtbags like timmy lament about our "irrational" desire to own firearms but never question raise the question why in a nation where the speed limit is 70MPH who would need a Corvette Z1 that can do 205 MPH. Acccording to NHTSA there were over 30,000 deaths on the road in 2011. Out of those more than 10,000 were attributed to speeding.It's safe to say a good percentage of those 10,000 were school aged kids. Where is the "who would need crowd"....you know...who would need a magazine that holds 30 rounds. Why is it we never hear why anyone would need a
Ford Mustang=155 MPH
Dodge Charger=145
Chevy Camaro=185
Then of course there is Porsche and Nissan and Masseratti. Merceds has a model that does 187.

A car that does 70-80 mph is designed for transportation,one that does 140 plus is designed for speeding. Not everyone with one of these cars speeds just like not everyone with a semi automatic and a 30 round magazine shoots up a school.
Gun Control Does Not Work

Seymour, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

People who believe in the Constitution and gun rights were just as saddened by the Sandy Hook tragedy. Just as President Obama, I too had tears in my eyes just as many fellow Gun owners and NRA members. The issue is the liberal legislation will only affect the law abiding citizenry and not the criminal element and the violently insane. Lanza broke about 10 serious felony laws prior to hurting anyone at Sandy Hook, yet these laws were only meaningless words to Lanza. The legislators need to target criminals and enhance the mental health system in the US. They also need to provide security options for those who can't protect themselves like children.

The legislation will fail because there are still some reasonable people in this Country who agree with what I write.
illusion

Otisco, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

In 1959 60% of USA were gullible . Since 9/11/2001 that has changed . Only half as many now believe the propaganda . "Fool me once shame on ... shame on you ... You fool me can't get fooled again." George Walker Texas Ranger Bush The Decider. hand

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••