Actor Paul Newman dies at age 83

Actor Paul Newman dies at age 83

There are 34 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Sep 27, 2008, titled Actor Paul Newman dies at age 83. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

Paul Newman, the Academy-Award winning superstar who personified cool as an activist, race car driver, popcorn impresario and the anti-hero of such films as "Hud," "Cool Hand Luke" and "The Color of Money," has ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mary007

San Diego, CA

#1 Sep 27, 2008
RIP, Paul...you were definitely one of the good guys--

Since: Mar 08

Jenison

#2 Sep 27, 2008
My deepest sympathies go out to Joanne and his family and friends. He was a true legend, in so many ways, and was a kind and gracious man. His charity work showed that.

I was just watching Torn Curtain last night on TCM, and was thinking about how young and good looking he was then. And he aged so gracefully until the end.

He was one of my favorite all time actors, and Butch Cassidy is one of my favorite movies of all time. My heart breaks at the news of his passing.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#3 Sep 27, 2008
What a tremendous loss. I really teared up reading this. I'm going to be a mess when Sean Connery passes!

God bless you, Paul Newman! Thanks for a lot of great, GREAT times in front of the screen!
Mark

Riverside, CA

#4 Sep 27, 2008
RIP Butch.
269JeepGuy

Montague, MI

#5 Sep 27, 2008
R.I.P. to a fine actor and a fine human being.
MWB

Rockford, MI

#6 Sep 27, 2008
A great actor, and a great person. Will be missed.
May God bless and comfort his family.
woodsprite53058

Aurora, CO

#7 Sep 27, 2008
Wow - another American icon gone. What a great man...goodbye.

Since: Mar 08

Jenison

#8 Sep 27, 2008
Lucy in Rockford wrote:
What a tremendous loss. I really teared up reading this.
I did too.
LMR

Swartz Creek, MI

#9 Sep 27, 2008
A great man, great life, great success and the rare longevity of a marriage/commitment envied by many. God bless.
gigi

Casa Grande, AZ

#10 Sep 27, 2008
RIP Paul Newman, you leave us with an eternity of wonderful moments. If your personal life was half as wonderful as your screen performances, you and your family were truly blessed. May God be with your family now.
hermina

Holland, MI

#11 Sep 27, 2008
Iwas so sorry to hear of Mr. Paul Newmans death! He was one of my all favorite actors!
deb from michigan

United States

#12 Sep 27, 2008
At least he doesnt have to be in pain any more
I liked they way he was honest with himself and his fans and a very deep family man some of these actor's and actress need to learn alot from him
Kyle

United States

#13 Sep 27, 2008
Paul was such a good actor on the screen. may God bless him and his family. He will be missed.
Gaines Township

Denver, CO

#14 Sep 27, 2008
Good people like Paul Newman dies, yet God lets someone like McC continue to waste good air . . . does not seem right to me . . . .

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#15 Sep 27, 2008
Well, there goes the good feeling.

Nice job, GT. Nothing like pis.sing on a grave.
heas12

Denver, CO

#16 Sep 27, 2008
Men like him are not born everyday but are a great and rare gift from GOD...

Bless you Paul & GOD Speed
Scott

Perris, CA

#17 Sep 27, 2008
He brought many, many, MANY an hour of enjoyment for me and a lot of others. He lived a good life and was one of the rare celebrities that I respected for his off screen life as well as his professional life.

Mr. Newman, you will be missed. RIP. My prayers are with you and your family.

“Smells like 1994!”

Since: Jun 08

Stately Wayne Manor

#18 Sep 27, 2008
I can't think of a single movie that he did that I didn't enjoy. He was a great actor and will be missed.

St. Peter, meet Fast Eddie Felson and rack 'em up!
Zeus

Roswell, GA

#19 Sep 27, 2008
"whata we going to do butch" Juuummmppp

Never will we see an actor of his good looks and talent again.

RIP
BOB

United States

#20 Sep 27, 2008
What a great article, Good Job TV-8

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joanne Woodward Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Connecticut screen legend loses battle with cancer (Sep '08) Sep '13 Michele Beazer 10
Joanne Woodward nude (Oct '12) Oct '12 Stefanie 1
News Byron Williams: Zimmerman's case not going to b... (Apr '12) Apr '12 OregonSUX 2
News Newman and Woodward (Oct '08) Oct '08 Ray 1
News Newman was a special neighbor (Sep '08) Oct '08 PT BARNUM 9
News 'Rachel, Rachel' brought Newman to area (Sep '08) Oct '08 Great guy 4
News Paul Newman dead (Sep '08) Oct '08 Gold_Fire 64
More from around the web