Get your country kicks on Long Island

Get your country kicks on Long Island

There are 7 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 1, 2009, titled Get your country kicks on Long Island. In it, Newsday reports that:

When you think about Long Island, the words "country" and "western" probably don't immediately spring to mind.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Qofcountry - Marianne

Larchmont, NY

#2 Mar 3, 2009
If you like country dancing and live out east a great place to dance on Tuesday nights is with Pete and June at the Masory in Center Moriches, and then on Wednesday with Frank and Helen at the Knights of Columbus also in Center Moriches. There keepin it COUNTRY!
Qofcountry - Marianne

Larchmont, NY

#3 Mar 3, 2009
I don't know why Grennvale, NY came up. I'm from Holbrook, NY
Stew

Mineola, NY

#4 Mar 3, 2009
Can you say "Brokeback Mountain"?
Russ

West Nyack, NY

#5 Mar 3, 2009
I think I've always been "country" and I have lived here my whole life. I dont like the Pop stuff then tend to call country today, but I do like to see more and more exposure to country, bluegrass and americana music locally.
that line dancing stuff, that aint a good part of nothing.
Stew

Mineola, NY

#6 Mar 3, 2009
You should all be listening to 770 WABC, otherwise known as republican radio.
binnee from commack

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Mar 4, 2009
Don't miss the performance of the new professional dance company "Just Left of Center" at the "Fringe Festival" Tilles Center, Long Island University, CW Post College on opening night, Sept. 25th, 2009. Stephanie Swensen is Company Director & Jamie Chandler-Torns is Artistic Director & Choreographer. They bring dance to the next level - filled with emotion and story telling- what an experience!!!!!!!!!!
Patrick

Melville, NY

#8 Mar 5, 2009
Actually, you are the one who has it wrong. So does that make you a dummy or just mistaken? I'll be nice and say mistaken, but you know what you are.
OnlyAsGoodAsYourLastCup wrote:
GO WEST owner is Ellen McCarthy you dummies.
Best place for western wear in NY
YEE HAW !!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jo Dee Messina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If The World Voted, Obama Wins In a Landslide (Oct '12) Nov '12 native american 9
News Jo Dee Messina Blasts Chris Young on Twitter, F... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Sarah 3
Messina-Jo Dee nude ! (Jul '12) Jul '12 Anouk 1
News Jo Dee Messina - Jo Dee Messina is Pregnant (Nov '08) Feb '11 JDMfan1 3
News Busloads from Franklin County area to attend Sa... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Libby 102
News Touching salute (Nov '09) Nov '09 TwistedSister 6
News Boot Hill "Country" Jamboree (Aug '09) Aug '09 travisfan -not as... 4
More from around the web