Yellowstone: Just The Tip Of The Volcano

Yellowstone: Just The Tip Of The Volcano

There are 4 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jan 14, 2009, titled Yellowstone: Just The Tip Of The Volcano. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

'I don't know where I'm a gonna go when the volcano blow ... That lyric by singer Jimmy Buffett was playing in the background when I was being introduced on WTIC radio during last week's morning commute.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Margie

Rock Springs, WY

#1 Jan 14, 2009
I assure you!, You are extremly misinformed!
A resident of Wyoming

P.S. A little research might help?
John of Laramie

United States

#2 Jan 14, 2009
Bob Thorson's article is right on! Watch out Connecticut, there's more from Wyoming- than Dick Cheney- that can bite ya!
Robin Marks

Kenora, Canada

#3 Jan 15, 2009
Demonstration of Eruption (Yellowstone, Hudson Bay)

&fe ature=channel_page

This You Tube video is my experiment to determine how a magma chamber would erupt if inundated by a lake.
I know where the fault that will rupture is located. I know how Yellowstone will erupt. And I know when.
Watch,and find out more,if you're curious. Ask a question and I'll provide the answer.

When?
The when of the eruption is tied to where of the eruption. The eruption will start along the original caldera. It will happen when The Huckleberry Ridge Tuff fracture intersects the fractures caused by the Sour Creek dome.

http://www.seis.utah.edu/helicorder/GIFs/misc...

On the map on this site, you will see the orignal caldera (Huckleberry) marked in orange. The Sour Creek Dome is the northern most of the two uplifted zones marked by a dashed lines, it is just north of the lake. You will see where the first caldera and the doming intersect. An eruption occurs when fractures allows a breach in the system. The area also has fractures caused by the Elephant Back Ridge uplift in the 1970's. A fracture in the lake would allow water to enter into the aquafier and geyer system. The pressure from the lake will force water into plumbing and will widen passages and collapse others. Very quickly, parts of the roof of the magma chamber start to collapse, allowing pockets to capture gas. It then becomes a cascade as earthquakes destabilze other parts of the fracture and chamber. It will happen anytime within the near future. It will happen following a major earthquake.
Sincerley,
Robin Marks
Brent

West Palm Beach, FL

#4 Jan 16, 2009
ya i don think we could no when it can happen. I hope it after my lifetim. If that thing eruptid we wood probly die all. I been in hawia win they have erupshins befor. that crap no good. i, be scared if it happen all big like dat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jimmy Buffett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Radio Margaritaville Playlist (Aug '07) Aug '17 Atlanta Puppeteer 29
My personal e-mail to MR. JIMMY BUFFETT. (Oct '09) Apr '14 Xavier 3
News Live music review: Jimmy Buffett played first A... (May '13) Jun '13 Chuggaboom 3
News Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett happily indulge t... (May '13) May '13 Blackbeard 1
News Asheville CITIZEN-TIMES.com: Cheeseburger in Pa... (Feb '08) Feb '13 Sarah 182
News Jimmy Buffet Coming to BB&T Center: What to Bri... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Relo Cincy parrot... 1
News Key West hosts Captain Tony Days festivities Au... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Keith 3