Satellite radio offerings range from ...

Satellite radio offerings range from rock to talk

There are 1 comment on the Fort Wayne Journal Gazette story from Aug 29, 2006, titled Satellite radio offerings range from rock to talk. In it, Fort Wayne Journal Gazette reports that:

Rating XM and Sirius, by category of programming: Rock and Pop Both services devote a disproportionate number of channels to various forms of rock, and both slice the niches awfully thin .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fort Wayne Journal Gazette.

Dan Streeter

Pueblo, CO

#1 Sep 3, 2006
I have felt the same way since satellite radio began. There are so few channels devoted to what we used to call Good Music...although we would probably be shouted down in today's crowd. I never understood why they'd have 6-8 channels devoted to various genres of rap and hip hop, but they won't even keep one big band channel on the air. I suppose I am too old to be counted in their demographics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jimmy Buffett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Radio Margaritaville Playlist (Aug '07) Aug '17 Atlanta Puppeteer 29
My personal e-mail to MR. JIMMY BUFFETT. (Oct '09) Apr '14 Xavier 3
News Live music review: Jimmy Buffett played first A... (May '13) Jun '13 Chuggaboom 3
News Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett happily indulge t... (May '13) May '13 Blackbeard 1
News Asheville CITIZEN-TIMES.com: Cheeseburger in Pa... (Feb '08) Feb '13 Sarah 182
News Jimmy Buffet Coming to BB&T Center: What to Bri... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Relo Cincy parrot... 1
News Key West hosts Captain Tony Days festivities Au... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Keith 3