The Literary Party: Growing Up Gay an...

The Literary Party: Growing Up Gay and Amish In America

There are 1 comment on the EDGE story from Aug 31, 2011, titled The Literary Party: Growing Up Gay and Amish In America. In it, EDGE reports that:

With apologies to Max Weber and Margaret Mead, any armchair anthropologist or sociologist in North America worthy of cocktail party chatter will be able to explain the propensity of sub-groups and clans and tribes to gather into ever-tighter circles as the onslaught of cultural evolution broaches their sacred world-view. The Mormons did it in their ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#1 Aug 31, 2011
Here's my own bit of poetry to add to the Amish guy's:

There once was a guy named Joe Smith
Who came up with quite a grand Myth,

To Temples he'd hurl with a pricey great Pearl,
28 weddings to many a nice fresh young girl.

More may come later.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jim Jones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clipse: 'Lil' Wayne is No Legend' (Jul '07) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 4
News A$AP Rocky Talks Upcoming Projects, $3 Million ... (Nov '11) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 3
Do you hate Jim Jones? (Jan '09) May '12 Decent man 5
News Rapper Jim Jones gets arrested (again)A (Feb '12) Mar '12 jen from brooklyn 2
Jim's girl Chrissy (Jan '07) Jan '12 Chrissy erks me 29
News Hip-Hop Rumors: Angel Lola Luv's Implants EXPOS... (Feb '08) Dec '11 badchick 30
News Tinie Tempah Talks 'Uniting British and America... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Sheik Yerbouti 1
More from around the web