Va. brings back Confederate month after 8 years - wtvr

Full story: WTVR

Gov. Bob McDonnell has brought Confederate History Month back to Virginia after an eight-year hiatus.
Comments
1 - 20 of 719 Comments Last updated May 31, 2010
First Prev
of 36
Next Last

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 6, 2010
 

Judged:

4

3

2

So is anyone that thinks history should be remembered because they support Confederate History month going to be called Racist by the Virginia Legislative BLACK Caucus?

You can bet on it.

But don't even think of canceling Black History month! That would make you a racist too.

It is history people. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Not just parts of it.
not a teahead

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 6, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

va_tazdad wrote:
So is anyone that thinks history should be remembered because they support Confederate History month going to be called Racist by the Virginia Legislative BLACK Caucus?
You can bet on it.
But don't even think of canceling Black History month! That would make you a racist too.
It is history people. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Not just parts of it.
Why keep poking the eyes out of people who just want this racist crap to stop. You people said that blacks should just get over it and move on, how can they when the governor opens another can of racist worms. Y'all still are hoping for a race war to break out so you gun-toting loons can randomly go out and kill as many minorities as you can. The devil loves confusion and hatred, keep following your leaders straight to hell.
not a demorat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 6, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

This is the best governor ever!!!!!

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 6, 2010
 

Judged:

5

4

2

not a teahead wrote:
<quoted text>
Why keep poking the eyes out of people who just want this racist crap to stop. You people said that blacks should just get over it and move on, how can they when the governor opens another can of racist worms. Y'all still are hoping for a race war to break out so you gun-toting loons can randomly go out and kill as many minorities as you can. The devil loves confusion and hatred, keep following your leaders straight to hell.
Cancel Black history month, Disband the Black Congressional Caucus, Disband the Virginia Legislative Black Caucus, terminate the Miss Black America contest and stop all other racist special entitlement programs and THEN talk to me about your deranged ideas nothead.

It is called HISTORY stupid. Try reading it. Maybe then you won't be so stupid!
ExVaglad2begone

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 6, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

"You have to think back about how it allowed people to be treated as inhuman,"

It's so right, wing.
not a teahead

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 6, 2010
 
not a demorat wrote:
This is the best governor ever!!!!!
Best "pat robertson" racist governor; and don't leave out k.t. cuccinelli 666 II and bolling the germ lt. gov.
not a demorat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

who says the they were treated inhuman.....slaves were fed, housed, and provided with a job, while the ones in Africa that sold them were starving to death.
seems like we are all slaves today
Newton Carroll

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 6, 2010
 

Judged:

3

3

1

How can a man that has the responsibility of representing the entire state be so stupid. Thinking that glorifying the least glowing moment in history and commemorating the Confederates, who fought for secession and slavery, will drive tourist revenue, is simply put, just plain stupid.

Along with the other crap he has done, legalizing concealed hand guns in bars, fighting health care reform, Mr. McDonnell gives me reason to have more faith in a bag of hammers for governor.
Newton Carroll

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 6, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

1

not a demorat wrote:
who says the they were treated inhuman.....slaves were fed, housed, and provided with a job, while the ones in Africa that sold them were starving to death.
seems like we are all slaves today
Idiots tend to flock together. Who ever wrote this is an idiot and probably supports the governor. I voted for McDonnell and now I want to have him impeached. By the way try to proof read sometime.
Newton Carroll

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

va_tazdad wrote:
<quoted text>
Cancel Black history month, Disband the Black Congressional Caucus, Disband the Virginia Legislative Black Caucus, terminate the Miss Black America contest and stop all other racist special entitlement programs and THEN talk to me about your deranged ideas nothead.
It is called HISTORY stupid. Try reading it. Maybe then you won't be so stupid!
Personally I don't believe that there is any advantage to be a separatist and on some level I think the above mentioned groups do raise the question of reverse racism, I would have to say that in this case you have discounted your own argument by showing that you yourself are a racist and clearly not as smart as the individual you refereed to as stupid. I am white, I will always be white but I am a human just like everyone else on the planet. I would not want to be lumped in the same category as you just because we are both white, because you are to stupid to realize just how stupid you really are. I would bet you voted for Busch and Micky d. You are a looser.

I bet you are going to go through the roof when you read this, but rest assured I will not care about any of your response because I know just how stupid you are, so how could possibly have an opinion of any interest or value. I bet your parents are real proud of you and wish they had 11 more just like ya.
Glasnos

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ExVaglad2begone wrote:
"You have to think back about how it allowed people to be treated as inhuman,"
It's so right, wing.
We all know slavery is an obomination ... but this is also about the oppression of the federal government ... a good thing to remember ... especially now.
Newton Carroll

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

va_tazdad wrote:
So is anyone that thinks history should be remembered because they support Confederate History month going to be called Racist by the Virginia Legislative BLACK Caucus?
You can bet on it.
But don't even think of canceling Black History month! That would make you a racist too.
It is history people. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Not just parts of it.
I bet you don't even know much about the civil war. Acknowledging history is one thing and celebrating secession from the nation and slavery, which is what the governor is saying the state should do to bring in more tourist revenue, is something altogether different. But based on your premise, what if the governor was catholic and want to commemorate the Crusades, should we call April the Crusades Month? Please tell me you are smart enough to know what the Crusades were? I doubt it.

“Angry Antlers ”

Since: Sep 08

Miami

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 6, 2010
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Goes to prove how backward and socially retarded people in Virginia really are.

They put in office a racists, homophobic, anti-semitic freak of nature, who also thinks women should be "obedient" to their husbands, and thinks they should be disallowed from equality in the workplace.

Now he foments dissent amongst the racist Rethuglican base by waving the confederate flag, which is the ultimate symbol of racism.

The only reason to fly the flag of a defeated fascist state is hatred and racism, pure and simple.

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 6, 2010
 
Newton Carroll wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally I don't believe that there is any advantage to be a separatist and on some level I think the above mentioned groups do raise the question of reverse racism, I would have to say that in this case you have discounted your own argument by showing that you yourself are a racist and clearly not as smart as the individual you refereed to as stupid. I am white, I will always be white but I am a human just like everyone else on the planet. I would not want to be lumped in the same category as you just because we are both white, because you are to stupid to realize just how stupid you really are. I would bet you voted for Busch and Micky d. You are a looser.
I bet you are going to go through the roof when you read this, but rest assured I will not care about any of your response because I know just how stupid you are, so how could possibly have an opinion of any interest or value. I bet your parents are real proud of you and wish they had 11 more just like ya.
LOl You are as deranged as nothead if you think I care if you like me Newt.

I rank you right down there with every other fool whose parents named them Newt. Shame you don't live in reality. You and nothead must be great friends.

The only one advocating a "separatist" set up are those that support the "black racist/separatists entitlement programs like you and nothead.
Life Term

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 6, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

not a teahead wrote:
<quoted text>
Why keep poking the eyes out of people who just want this racist crap to stop. You people said that blacks should just get over it and move on, how can they when the governor opens another can of racist worms. Y'all still are hoping for a race war to break out so you gun-toting loons can randomly go out and kill as many minorities as you can. The devil loves confusion and hatred, keep following your leaders straight to hell.
Nothead, once again you prove your total racism in all things. Answer the gentlemen's question. It is acceptable to have a BLACK history month, but not to honor the death of over 250,000 Americans of Black, Jewish, Catholic, Irish, English, American Indian, Scottish, Welsh, German, and Slovic culture? Your hypocracy knows no bounds RACIST! The Confederate States of America was a Country unto itself idiot! It engulfed the heritage of all people and creeds. Study your primary source documents liberal. Perhaps, you will read the story of Richard Poplar of Petersburg, Va. This BLACK free man and Confederate hero, refused to take the oath of allegiance while incarcerated in a Federal prison. Perhaps, you will read the account of Dr. Steiner of the U.S. Army, who freely indicated the thousands of FREE BLACK soldiers whom fought under the command of Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson in the 1st Virginia Brigade. Perhaps, you will read the account of our Jewish Secretary of War for the Confederate States of America. No, I am sure your RAM education at Very Common University did not supply you with such details of American history. Such facts are left to the avid reader of history. Again, you are the traitor of American ideals. You are the disgrace amoung the race of man. Nevertheless, I still pray for your ignorant existance as it relates to the soul of mankind. God Bless the Confederate States of America. God Bless our Governor for his stand on what is moral and right in the eyes of the Almighty! It is about time for one to stand on the side of conviction. DEO VINDICE

Post Script: You are alone in this stand nothead. The Commonwealth has spoken. She will take Her stand in short order. Prepare to wither at the hand of moral justice. The time is at hand, and the time for hand outs is fast coming to an historic end. Your dogma and those whom think like you are in danger. You will falter. Repent now my liberal friend. Perhaps, it may be your last chance. I wonder, to what degree is your conviction? Will you stand and sacrifice your life for justice? I DOUBT IT. Yet, I am intrigued as to the prospect of meeting your kind on the field of battle. Somehow, I am of the opinion that you will continue to blog, while others prepare for battle. Will you commit to your fight in real terms Nothead? I remain curious.
Former Republican

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 6, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

To the white people who respond to this story. Don't make it sound like you represent an entire race.
Most of you who are in support of this come across as offensive and as though you speak for all white people. Phrases like "here's my opinion" or "I think" will work.
Clearly if you support the governor you probably don't really think much and most of your opinions probably belong to someone else and you are just repeating what your heard.
But it discusses me to think of being lumped into the same category as the dumb asses that support this commemoration, just because we are of the same race.
robert

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 6, 2010
 
well there goes his chance to be president

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 6, 2010
 
Newton Carroll wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you don't even know much about the civil war. Acknowledging history is one thing and celebrating secession from the nation and slavery, which is what the governor is saying the state should do to bring in more tourist revenue, is something altogether different. But based on your premise, what if the governor was catholic and want to commemorate the Crusades, should we call April the Crusades Month? Please tell me you are smart enough to know what the Crusades were? I doubt it.
The Crusades did not involve Virginia or America for that matter Newt.

The Civil War and the Confederacy did. Are you as deranged as nothead? Should we eliminate all reference to Hitler too?

Idiots that don't learn from history will be destined to repeat the same stupid mistakes.

Grow up Newt, reality is hard to deal with some times, but it is what it is.
Former Republican

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

not a demorat wrote:
This is the best governor ever!!!!!
You live in BEDFORD. I really don't need to say anymore do I? However, I can't help it. You are a back woods, in bread, with no social or political awareness.

Please don't say anything else, we already know your an idiot. And yes if your parents get divorced they will still be brother and sister. I don't usually talk this harshly to juveniles but I made an exception in your case. Bye Bye bed ford
Former Republican

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Apr 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

robert wrote:
well there goes his chance to be president
What a looser ticket that would be. How about him and Sarah "I so stupid" Palin.

The Democrats would love that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 36
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jim Gilmore Discussions

Search the Jim Gilmore Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
How Gillespie could pull off an upset Jun '14 Sterkfontein Swartkrans 12
Politics Counts: In Virginia, Uphill Battle for... (Oct '13) Oct '13 fingiswold 16
Obama to nominate Democratic, Republican member... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Papillon 1
Richmond judge could rule next week on Senate D... (Dec '11) Dec '11 va_tazdad 11
Shad Plank: Is Tricia Stall planning another ca... (May '09) May '10 WTBWILLIS 6
Va. Gov ripped for Confederate month (Apr '10) Apr '10 Go Blue 12
Delegate Marshall has always spoken his mind (Feb '10) Feb '10 polgara 3
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••