Bob McDonnell Becomes Governor

Bob McDonnell Becomes Governor

There are 29 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jan 16, 2010, titled Bob McDonnell Becomes Governor. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Just minutes after noon Saturday, Bob McDonnell became the 71st Governor of the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
constitutionalis t

Palmyra, VA

#26 Jan 17, 2010
Ron wrote:
Can you say republican czar??????????
How is an "advisor" a czar? Robert Sledd has no authority in his new position. Show me where he has any authority. Sources. Let me see sources.
Ron

North Garden, VA

#27 Jan 18, 2010
Show me the facts you have no facts. Republican czar.
constitutionalis t

Palmyra, VA

#28 Jan 18, 2010
Ron wrote:
Show me the facts you have no facts. Republican czar.
"McDonnell said in a news release that Sledd would instead serve as an unpaid senior economic adviser on job-creation and economic development matters."
http://www.nbc29.com/Global/story.asp...
"The governor's office announced that Bob Sledd, McDonnell's controversial pick for secretary of commerce and trade, will instead serve as the governor's senior economic advisor. He will not receive a salary for the senior-level position."
http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/local/...
"Gov. Bob McDonnell, facing Democratic opposition, yesterday withdrew the nomination of Richmond businessman Robert C. Sledd to be secretary of commerce and trade and appointed him as an unpaid senior economic adviser."
http://www2.newsvirginian.com/wnv/news/state_...
Ron

North Garden, VA

#29 Jan 19, 2010
That came off of TV thats not facts. Show me the facts, those are your words!!!!!!!!!!
BET

Charlottesville, VA

#30 Jan 19, 2010
He has a fake smile and fake wig. Let's see how many virginia's lost thier job now.
constitutionalis t

Palmyra, VA

#31 Jan 19, 2010
Ron wrote:
That came off of TV thats not facts. Show me the facts, those are your words!!!!!!!!!!
Two of the three sources are newspaper stories. You probably didn't bother to click on either of them.
The Bird

Covington, VA

#32 Jan 21, 2010
Go UVa wrote:
$250,000 taxpayer dollars and a hangover later, Virginia has Bozo Bob. I drove all the way down I64 this morning just to use the rest area at the 169 mile marker that Bozo was going to reopen. Still closed! I then drove to Virginia Beach expecting to see off shore drilling and there was none. I then drove back to Richmond, stopped at IHOP and asked, where can I find the biggest liar in the state? Everyone sent me to Bozo's new house. Talk time is over, time to go to work.
If you went all them places, and waited all that time, to go to the bathroom, Gov. "Bozo" could close all the rest areas.
The Bird

Covington, VA

#33 Jan 21, 2010
Ron wrote:
So much for the smaller goverment and the truth, Gov. Bob hasn't been in office a day and has withdrawn Sledd from his cabinet and gave him a post which he created. A post that eledted people have no control over. Get ready to open your wallets next. Like I have said before republicans do a 180 of what they say.
Ron, how can you, with good conscience,say anything about Republicans doing a 180? Go back and read a few of your president's campaign speeches. Please?
The Bird

Covington, VA

#34 Jan 21, 2010
Ron wrote:
That came off of TV thats not facts. Show me the facts, those are your words!!!!!!!!!!
The Gov. made an official press release. I would call that factual! Do you think after making a public statement to the fact, Gov. will slip him thru the back door of commerce and trade? Try helping to build and stop tearing down. You got your tombstone voter in the White House, what more do you want?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jim Gilmore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News John Kasich celebrates his Ohio primary victory at (May '16) May '16 Jill 2
News Five Moments that Mattered at Seventh Undercard... (Jan '16) Jan '16 The Joke Is On Fox 1
News 9 questions GOP Jews want answered: A primer fo... (Dec '15) Dec '15 FalseFlagSanBerna... 1
News Clinton sent GOP 2016ers copies of her book (Oct '15) Oct '15 Synque 18
News Trump and Cruz Lead Anti-Iran Deal Rally (Sep '15) Sep '15 Eleanor 1
News Which 2016 GOP candidate trumps the others in J... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Alex Treblack 1
News 16 candidates invited to CNN debate (Aug '15) Aug '15 Le Jimbo 25
More from around the web