Croce albums set for reissue

Full story: TwinCities.com
In tribute to the 35th anniversary of singer-songwriter Jim Croce's death, the artist's three studio albums will be reissued on CD in September. Full Story
satmfs

Lakeville, MN

#1 May 25, 2008
Finally, although You Don't Mess Around With Jim was released with a few cuts from the other 2 albums on an audiophile CD about 10 years ago and all 3 were available on CD in Canada about 5 years ago. Billboard should have caught that. The movies should be interesting. A Croce bio-pic is long overdue.
RipSaw88

Cottage Grove, MN

#2 May 26, 2008
everytime i hear this guy, its like, someone trying kill a seagull, with a bagpipe.

“gojohnnygo.com”

Since: Apr 08

St Paul

#3 May 26, 2008
Jim Croce albums have always been easy to find on vinyl for low $$$. Just get yourself a record player (again), you can find lots of music on record for pennies that isn't even on CD. It seems funny to me that just 'cuz it isn't on CD, people think it doesn't exist anymore. I'll chalk that up to clever marketing as done by the Music Business, and a gullible public. Some audiophiles swear that LPs even sound better than CDs, and the cover art is always better on a record than on the tiny disc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jim Croce Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Croce's closes: an era ends in San Diego's Gas ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 justsayN 1
Remembering Jim Croce 40 years on (Sep '13) Nov '13 U Darby Disabilit... 5
Great Acoustic Music Needed - International Aco... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Kyle Mathis 1
38th anniversary when the music died (Oct '11) Oct '11 upperdarbybill 1
Caption Contest No. 161 (Jul '11) Jul '11 Carol Gallagher 1
jilly's naperville (Feb '09) Feb '09 anonymous 1
Babyface brings grown-up message to Berklee (Jan '08) Jan '08 cornelia zhao 2
More from around the web