American Idol Under Attack From Rosie...

American Idol Under Attack From Rosie O'Donnell

There are 79 comments on the National Ledger story from Jan 18, 2007, titled American Idol Under Attack From Rosie O'Donnell. In it, National Ledger reports that:

With the whole Donald Trump controversy dying down, it appears the resident shock jock from 'The View' will try a new target.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Ledger.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
laura

Selden, NY

#1 Jan 18, 2007
rosie can laugh and make fun of everbody and it's ok. american idol has been on for 4 seasons and it has the people who can't sing and people who can we laugh. i think she is trying for greater ratings i think she sounds like a jerk. she can make fun of trumps hair as funny as it is. it's tv. i can't believe these people think they can sing. and either does she. than don't go on the show. rosie lighten up. your not going to save the world your not oprah. but we all thought you use to be funny not no more.
Linda Guagliardo

Jackson, NJ

#2 Jan 18, 2007
I thought what Rosie said about how American Idol belittle people was right on the money. It is so sad how cruel people are, and like Rosie said these people are millionaires, they should be ashamed of themselves. That we watch this crap doesn't say much about us. I'm so glad Rosie said what she said/
Marie4

Arvada, CO

#3 Jan 18, 2007
I'm actually glad that Rosie is on TV again. She makes things fun. She did go a bit too far when she made fun of Donald Trumps hair, which wasn't proffesional on her part. When she talks about AI going too far, well she is right. Some people do think they can sing, but when the rest of the world hears them, that's when it's another story. People go and participate on the show to see if they can eventually be an American Idol, not to be judged on their looks. It's a singing competition not a modeling agency people! OH, and if appearance was the main issue, then I don't think that Clay Aiken would have made it, I mean does anybody remember what he looked like on his audition compared to today???? Please, simple appearances can always be improved!
Claudette

Austin, TX

#4 Jan 18, 2007
OK Rosie's a little loud, perhaps obnoxious, and maybe a bit over the top, but she's getting ratings for the view. I totally agree with her comments about American Idol. It's entertainment at some poor smucks expense. It's true they can't sing, but why did the producers advance them in the first place? For a good laugh!
Janice

Edmonton, Canada

#5 Jan 19, 2007
Claudette wrote:
OK Rosie's a little loud, perhaps obnoxious, and maybe a bit over the top, but she's getting ratings for the view. I totally agree with her comments about American Idol. It's entertainment at some poor smucks expense. It's true they can't sing, but why did the producers advance them in the first place? For a good laugh!
. Not only is it entertainment at these peoples' expense, the producers don't even have to pay to have these "entertainers" help them rake in the money. The judges on the other hand are getting paid outrageous salaries. It's bad enough to hear some of the things that are said to these people but to then see them cracking up at them after they leave the room is disgusting. These are adults who know there are cameras there. Not only is this rude and disrespectful, it shows a distinct lack of class.
Jeff

Glenside, PA

#6 Jan 19, 2007
I can't beleive that all of you can be sticking up for this woman called Rosie(if that is what you want to call her).American Idol has pretty much been this way from day one.It is a joke when people get up their and think they can sing.Some of these people must have brain damage.I think the judges are helping some of these people and saving some of them money the ones that are taking voice lessons,which will never,never,never help them.I Laugh.You are all being fooled if you think Rosie isn't looking for anything but ratings!

Iselin,NJ
Steve O

Worcester, MA

#7 Jan 19, 2007
She is like cancer.

Since: Jan 07

atlanta

#8 Jan 19, 2007
I agree with you somewhat Jeff. Rosie is boosting up ratings for herself, the view and all those cry babies who want someone to say something for their causes and flaws. The contestants on American idol know they can't sing. They know they are ugly. They know their issues. They also know, or someone told them, "Go on American Idol, there's a market for your kind too". 15 minutes of fame can be all it takes to be seen, heard, used to sell a particular item. You could be just what a car company needs for a commercial as a human crash dummy. Ha Ha Ha, that was funny to me.
Lori

Jersey City, NJ

#9 Jan 19, 2007
Marie4 wrote:
I'm actually glad that Rosie is on TV again. She makes things fun. She did go a bit too far when she made fun of Donald Trumps hair, which wasn't proffesional on her part. When she talks about AI going too far, well she is right. Some people do think they can sing, but when the rest of the world hears them, that's when it's another story. People go and participate on the show to see if they can eventually be an American Idol, not to be judged on their looks. It's a singing competition not a modeling agency people! OH, and if appearance was the main issue, then I don't think that Clay Aiken would have made it, I mean does anybody remember what he looked like on his audition compared to today???? Please, simple appearances can always be improved!
Glad Rosie is back on - come on give me a break. She makes my stomach turn. she can dish it out,but she can't take it.
observer

Jersey City, NJ

#10 Jan 19, 2007
She can take it just fine...
As for her speaking her mind...why shouldn't she--she is not saying anything any other media outlet had not said already.
Seems to be hypocritical if you want to point fingers point them to everyone..
As for the Paula abdul incident...Why didn't you get on conan O'briens case when he pointed out the same thing.. Or on David Lettermans case and just about everyother comedian making a comment..as a matter of fact there was a talk radio show that first came out that Paula was on something when they interviewed her. they had to cut the interview short cause she was clearly slurring and incherent. They played the tape of her interview and you could tell she was on something..She can deny all she wants but Paulas behavior has been questionable for quite some time...and I do agree that AI has become a mocking show...
Viv

Oakland, CA

#11 Jan 19, 2007
laura wrote:
rosie can laugh and make fun of everbody and it's ok. american idol has been on for 4 seasons and it has the people who can't sing and people who can we laugh. i think she is trying for greater ratings i think she sounds like a jerk. she can make fun of trumps hair as funny as it is. it's tv. i can't believe these people think they can sing. and either does she. than don't go on the show. rosie lighten up. your not going to save the world your not oprah. but we all thought you use to be funny not no more.
American Idol has been on longer than 4 seasons. This year, 2007 is actually Season 6.

The people who sign up for these auditions sign a waiver and it states that their audition may be used on t.v. for whatever The A.I. producers want to use it for. In some cases it seems some people just want to be on t.v. and in other cases, it appears that the contestants have some mental issues. Either way, it has become entertainment that people laugh at and A.I. is one of those shows that has become more popular over the years.

As far as Rosie. I think she's just trying to take the negative spotlight off of herself, because let's face it, she is notorious for making fun of people and dragging them through the mud. She may not do it in the way A.I. does it, but she does it by calling people names (pimp) and doing some judging of her own. She is no moral compass (where have I heard that?) in this department! Between her and Joy Behar, I don't know who is more annoying these days? They're both talking smack about Paula Abdul now and I don't think this is what Barbara Walters had in mind for "The View". It is true that Paula has given the media some ammunition to use against her as of late, but again, should Rosie be the one to call her out on it? Hardly. Ms. O'Donnell needs to be less concerned with other celebrities' demise and more focused on her own. Ditto for Joy B.

Go American Idol, Season 6!!!!!!!
Rachael

AOL

#13 Jan 19, 2007
I agree with Rosie. I enjoy watching American Idol. But what they did the other night was totally uncalled for. People need to be called out when they are cruel to others. Simon, Randy and Paula were all wrong. That young man didnt deserve to be ridiculed about his appearence. I wonder how he felt when he saw Paula laughing after he left the room. She put on a good show for him but as soon as he left the room she too ridiculed him.
observer

Jersey City, NJ

#14 Jan 19, 2007
it should be renamed American Idiots..
Steve O

Worcester, MA

#15 Jan 19, 2007
Rosie is jealous of American Idol, she sees the attention it gets so she will pick apart any little fault that it has. This is what insecure people do, she's a loser and always will be a loser.
rod

United States

#16 Jan 20, 2007
Lets grease rosie up,send her out on stage and see if anyone can catch her.Now that would be entertainment.lol
rod

United States

#17 Jan 20, 2007
The view has been changed to "view at your own risk".
cac

Warren, AR

#18 Jan 20, 2007
People who go on American Idol know exactly what they are getting when they walk in the room! They just want the chance to be on tv. If they don't want to made fun of then I suggest they go somewhere else for their 15 minutes of fame. Rosie should know better than to talk about someone having a drinking problem. How many times have I heard her say, on The View, that she keeps beer in the fridge. She has also made the comment that her on child asked her if mommy needed another beer. When your children are asking you questions like that then you need to stop and ask yourself if YOU are the one with the drinking problem.
Patricia

Courtenay, Canada

#19 Jan 20, 2007
Rosie is not the only "star" saying this stuff. Is it because she is a woman or because she lives a different lifestyle? As for a child getting their parent a beer. Lots of dads do it all the time...give me a break. I would love to bring cameras into your lives and see how well a lot of you would fair. Rosie is what she is... she is not fake which is a lot harder to be. It's like high school all over. Will we ever grow up?
Steve O

Worcester, MA

#20 Jan 20, 2007
I heard that Rosie prefers women, what an immorral person.
cac

United States

#21 Jan 21, 2007
I have no problem with a child bringing their parent a beer, however, when you "shame" someone for doing the same thing that you do, then you are a HYPOCRITE! Rosie is one of the biggest hypocrites there is! So no, I do not have a problem with her because she is a woman (I am also a woman) and I do not have a problem with her because she is gay. I have a problem with Rosie because she is a hypocrite trying to raise the ratings of a failing show!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jewel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kelly Clarkson Is A 'Freak Of Nature' On Jewel'... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Faloola Chong 1
News Jewel re-records 'Foolish Games' with Kelly Cla... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Enid Bumgardner 1
INDIAN STOCK MARKET NSE, BSE AND MCX TRADING TI... (Sep '11) Mar '12 sharetipsinfo 2
News Sarah Palin lost Alaska reality TV spot to ecof... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Olive 1
News 'Dancing with the Stars' Judge Blames Pros for ... (Apr '09) Oct '11 Bulldog 3
News Jewel and Murray welcome baby boy (Jul '11) Jul '11 SJG 1
News Pregnant Singer Jewel Involved in a Two-Car Col... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Jordan 1
More from around the web