The never-ending Kevin and Lisa mobile home saga

Last week's continuing saga of a San Diego mobile home, the hapless couple who bought it and the four parents who helped whip it back into some kind of inhabitable dwelling struck a chord with some readers. Full Story
Pinky DGAF

Diamond Bar, CA

#1 Sep 8, 2010
WOW!!! That's just nuts!
Carole

Glendora, CA

#2 Sep 11, 2010
The only smart thing to do if you want to live in a mobile home is to own the land - and there aren't too many places that allow you to put a mobile home - perhaps in Phelan. It's really a horrible investment because the Park raises the rent every year and eventaully you cannot afford to pay or don't want to pay rent forever. I know people who are seniors now and can't unload the mobile home. It's really a bad investment unless you are in a "rent controlled" park or you own the land. Another trick the park owners do - is to let you sell your mobile home but the buyer has to move it out of the park - who in their right mind would do that. Parks with old homes usually want them out so they can put in new ones - old homes cannot get bank financing either so you need a cash buyer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jerry Springer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jerry Springer hits the road for Ohio candidate Oct '14 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 4
Looking for season 11 I was on 5-20-2002 (Oct '12) Oct '12 Thomas 1
Bullying blowhard Newt lacks restraint to be re... (Jan '12) Feb '12 Le Jimbo 537
Republican Bob Turner wins NY special election (Sep '11) Sep '11 Caes 1
Cinderella and the Dancing Dwarfs (Aug '11) Aug '11 gerhard 1
Jerry Springer: impact rumors (Jul '11) Jul '11 Abishai100 1
A cross dresser named "Tiffany"... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Chip Roberts 1
More from around the web