Seinfeld accused of defamation by cookbook author

Full story: Newsday 7
Jerry Seinfeld 's colorful words on TV were far from funny when cited in a lawsuit. Read more
My Opinion

AOL

#1 Oct 29, 2008
This woman is a nut job !! First of all the books were being worked on at the same time for different publishers. She is just pissy because Seinfeld's book is doing much better than hers...the joy of being married to a celebrity !! I think she is a bitter shrew whose book did not do so good..she did not get to go on Oprah...LOL. She is just greedy and looking to sue to make some big $$$. and Jerry Seinfeld is a comedian that made his joke on a Late night adult show....why would her 7yr old daugter know about that? This has lingered now for awhile. If she wins the lawsuit, that would be a freakin' joke !!
My Opinion Too

United States

#2 Oct 29, 2008
My Opinion wrote:
This woman is a nut job !! First of all the books were being worked on at the same time for different publishers. She is just pissy because Seinfeld's book is doing much better than hers...the joy of being married to a celebrity !! I think she is a bitter shrew whose book did not do so good..she did not get to go on Oprah...LOL. She is just greedy and looking to sue to make some big $$$. and Jerry Seinfeld is a comedian that made his joke on a Late night adult show....why would her 7yr old daugter know about that? This has lingered now for awhile. If she wins the lawsuit, that would be a freakin' joke !!
I believe that Lapine shopped it twice to HarperCollins (the publisher of Seinfeld's book) first, so there is certainly the chance of reuse - either the content or the concept.

There is probably no real case here, but Jerry Seinfeld shouldn't have called Lapine a "wacko" on national TV. Illegal? Not. In poor taste and showing a distinct lack of class? Definitely.

FYI - Jessica Seinfeld is the real nutjob, or gold digger, or whatever. Look at her Wikipedia article and see how she married one man in June 1998 and met Seinfeld RIGHT AFTER her honeymoon. She divorced her husband in October 1998 and then married Seinfeld the following year. I also wondered why she changed her name from Nina Danielle to "Jessica".

“Light tomorrow with today!”

Since: Aug 08

Long Island

#3 Oct 30, 2008
I think the mother is fibbing.
Brian Fellow

South Portland, ME

#4 Oct 30, 2008
What should really be investigated is the time Seinfeld stole that marble rye from an old lady! Why has he not had to answer to that despicable act!
concerned

Freeport, NY

#5 Oct 30, 2008
"In court papers, the author says her 7-year-old daughter was upset by the comedian's comments on David Letterman's show."

What is this child doing up at midnight watching Letterman???? This woman is going to ruin her life on top of her career if she keeps this up.
BEgo

Nyack, NY

#6 Oct 30, 2008
frivilous
Rich against STUPIDITY

AOL

#7 Oct 30, 2008
What is a 7 yr old doing up at 1130 watching letterman...and most likely it was after midnight because Dave's guest never come on til after 12. Some mother!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jerry Seinfeld Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'SNL' Alum Ellen Cleghorne Has No Interest in L... Feb '15 Zombie Corpse Rental 7
News Justin Bieber, Obama election campaign headline... (Apr '13) Nov '14 Lawrence Wolf 55
News Seinfeld says Rivers was to be in series (Sep '14) Sep '14 Francesco Sinibaldi 2
News Arizona passes bill allowing religious people t... (Feb '14) Aug '14 miss smith 398
News Taking Erectile Dysfunction Ads Out Of This World (Nov '08) Jun '14 Theobald 30
News Estimated 15,000 people packed downtown for fir... (May '14) May '14 SJM 1
News Former Boston Mayor Menino has advanced cancer (Mar '14) Mar '14 reality is a cru... 1
More from around the web