NBC cancels 'Law & Order'

NBC cancels 'Law & Order'

There are 14 comments on the The York Daily Record story from May 14, 2010, titled NBC cancels 'Law & Order'. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

The venerable police-courtroom drama "Law & Order" has been axed. NBC announced Friday that the show would end its historic 20-season run on May 24, with an season finale that was never meant to bring the saga to a close.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

John Doe 000069

York, PA

#1 May 14, 2010
The reason it had such low ratings is you never know when the show was on or if it was new. The FCC needs to tell the networks the TV season starts the first week of September and end the last week of May. Every week the episode is NEW. No repeats. It is really dumb to say a season lasts 6 weeks. The FCC also needs to tell the network no more 30 minute paid ads. A TV commercial can only last 1 minute. They also need to tell TV stations to stop it with the squeeze backs. Those annoying times when there is bad weather and they put school closings at the top of the screen.
F Flintstone

Virginia Beach, VA

#2 May 14, 2010
Which one?
Law and Order SVU
Law and Order Criminal Intent
or
Law and Order Mayberry RFD
Former Fetus

Ashland, OR

#3 May 14, 2010
LO starting tanking in the ratings when they turned from straight crime to left-wing politically correct morality plays. Good riddance.
Oh No

Sykesville, MD

#4 May 14, 2010
Former Fetus wrote:
LO starting tanking in the ratings when they turned from straight crime to left-wing politically correct morality plays. Good riddance.
I agree 100%. And that screen name is hillarious.
Tarheel

Rocky Point, NC

#5 May 14, 2010
Goodbye NBC. You are the most idiotic network on tv. No wonder ratings drop when you can't keep a show on any type of consistent schedule. Oh well, all good times must come to an end, and this was the last show that I watched on NBC. So, goodbye NBC.
Robert E Lee

Clayton, NC

#6 May 15, 2010
Oh no! Say this is not so. How are werkers going to know what there basic civil rights will be under an Obama Regime without NBC/GE informing the werkers wweekly of our rights? NBC,NO! You must keep this program on the air so we can all be informed!
The Daily Planet

York, PA

#7 May 15, 2010
its tv
read a book instead
saw it coming

Gettysburg, PA

#8 May 15, 2010
Former Fetus wrote:
LO starting tanking in the ratings when they turned from straight crime to left-wing politically correct morality plays. Good riddance.
I couldn't have said it better myself!
The bias is so obvious and creativity went out the window to spew the message. The message was so obvious that it was insulting to the intelligence of the viewer.
NBC/MSNBC/USA/BRAVO/HISTORY/NA TIONAL GEOGRAPHIC/ all Universal/GE owned and are the PROPAGANDA of the left. What happened to entertainment?
Neilson ratings

Spring Grove, PA

#9 May 15, 2010
The NBC Network is short for Nothing but crap I see their viewership ratings sinking faster then the titanic .
triad

Pikeville, KY

#10 May 15, 2010
?
Larry

Philadelphia, PA

#11 May 15, 2010
NBC. MSNBC, CNBC. All shilling for the left leaning Democrat party. Other than the Olympics and Celebrity Apprentice, I never watch the peacock. This used to be a great network with compelling shows. How many more times do you want me to watch people losing weight? PLEASE.
From CA

Los Angeles, CA

#12 May 19, 2010
I wouldn't be suprised that the same genius that put Jay Leno in prime time made the same decision to cancel LAW AND ORDER. LOL

The thing that needs to get canceled is the genius that put Leno in prime time and cancled LAW AND ORDER.

I've enjoyed LAW AND ORDER since the series began, and was hoping to enjoy it for many years to come

While I've been enjoying the writing for the past years, I do agree with the many posts I saw in other websites, they need to be less political and just stick to being a crime drama
Biff

York, PA

#13 May 20, 2010
From CA wrote:
While I've been enjoying the writing for the past years, I do agree with the many posts I saw in other websites, they need to be less political and just stick to being a crime drama
Politics = Crime
George

Berryville, VA

#14 May 20, 2010
John Doe 000069 wrote:
The reason it had such low ratings is you never know when the show was on or if it was new. The FCC needs to tell the networks the TV season starts the first week of September and end the last week of May. Every week the episode is NEW. No repeats. It is really dumb to say a season lasts 6 weeks. The FCC also needs to tell the network no more 30 minute paid ads. A TV commercial can only last 1 minute. They also need to tell TV stations to stop it with the squeeze backs. Those annoying times when there is bad weather and they put school closings at the top of the screen.
Actually they should stop annoying posts by you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeremy Sisto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Law & Order' is canceled by NBC (May '10) Nov '13 backtothefutureru... 19
News Jeremy Sisto enters ABC's 'Suburgatory' (Sep '11) Oct '11 Marianne D 2
Jeremy Sisto - nude ! (Aug '11) Aug '11 Annice 1
News 'Law & Order' is canceled by NBC (May '10) May '10 triple6vamp 7
News 'Law & Order' is canceled by NBC (May '10) May '10 Eric 15
News 'Law & Order' is canceled by NBC (May '10) May '10 Wade Gustafson 6
News 'Law & Order' canceled by NBC (11:45 a.m.) (May '10) May '10 MasterOfTheObvious 1
More from around the web