This 'Dreamgirl' says she's haunted by a stolen legacy

Dec 26, 2006 Read more: The Boston Globe
Jennifer Holliday stood on a small stage, pouring out a song of hope and battling the odds. Read more
R Bailey

Kansas City, KS

#1 Dec 26, 2006
I remember the original production. I remember Jennifer Holliday. How could you not remember her. I am definitely a fan but I am sick of her ranting about being left out. She sounds like a spoiled brat and Jennifer Hudson, I'm sure, feels like she is in the middle of some mess she has nothing to do with and can't do anything about.
I don't think they asked Whoopi Goldberg for her permission to let LaChanze (also a Tony award winner) play "Celie" in the stage production of "The Color Purple", do you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jennifer Holliday Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Women's Fund raises $150,000 at luncheon (Mar '11) Mar '11 Francesco Sinibaldi 1
News Ing nue takes on heady role of Effie White in S... (Sep '10) Sep '10 sebastapol 3
News Ing nue takes on heady role of Effie White in S... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Ms KAP 1
Jennifer (Jul '07) Jul '07 cicki kebbon 1
News Will Lakisha find success after 'Idol'? (Mar '07) Mar '07 alison 3
Jeniffer Holliday will always be THE Effie White (Jan '07) Jan '07 I BE ME 1
Jennifer will always be Effie White. How con s... (Jan '07) Jan '07 Khannie 2
More from around the web