Scientologists Freak Out Over T-Shirt

Scientologists Freak Out Over T-Shirt

There are 26 comments on the About.com story from Jun 20, 2006, titled Scientologists Freak Out Over T-Shirt. In it, About.com reports that:

John Roecker, a film director, has a home-made t-shirt criticizing Scientology: one side shows Tom Cruise with the words "Scientology is Gay;" the other sides shows John Travolta with the words "Very Gay!" This ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at About.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dermot in Dublin

Limerick, Ireland

#1 Sep 12, 2006
To whom it may concern,

This all may be very funny and open for comment.

Mr. Roecker should have a t-shirt about him..........Roecker the the child molester or something.

I wonder how "freaked" he would be.

This is simply a guy trying to make a name for himself and failing miserably.....Next subject. Dermot
alan76

Seattle, WA

#2 Sep 19, 2006
If tom cruise or john travolta are gay, more power to them. Why should any one care?
someone to trust

San Francisco, CA

#3 Sep 19, 2006
Well, I think the humor in that shirt is that early on in Travolta's Scientology experince he made a statment that basically said he would be gay without scientology......
Persoanlly, i think Tom Cruise is just ASKING to be made fun of, but its publicity right?
Hardtalk

Shenyang, China

#4 Sep 23, 2006
Tom Cruise and Travolta are good actors. We enjoy thier films so...Who cares if they are gay? If they are wish them bum chumming happiness as long as they do thier job well!
Jezza

UK

#5 Sep 25, 2006
I want one of those t-shirts now, i so want to be branded a child abuser by one of those Scientologists, then i'll punch their head into next week!
It seems that quite a few Scientologists use this tactic of asking people "What is your crime?", maybe they should be asking themselves that very same question!
Janet Brien

Australia

#6 Sep 28, 2006
Jezza wrote:
I want one of those t-shirts now, i so want to be branded a child abuser by one of those Scientologists, then i'll punch their head into next week!
It seems that quite a few Scientologists use this tactic of asking people "What is your crime?", maybe they should be asking themselves that very same question!
THEY DO!!!!!!!!!!
Dermot

Ireland

#7 Oct 4, 2006
Jezza wrote:
Now, now, now Jezza,

I like your spirit and gusto. But this is a very valid important religion that people believe in.

You believe in something. That is your right to. And also to profess it and proclaim it without fear of condemnation or ridicule.

The same courtesy should be extended to Scientologists.

Dermot
Ral

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#8 Oct 14, 2006
Dermot wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, now, now Jezza,
I like your spirit and gusto. But this is a very valid important religion that people believe in.
You believe in something. That is your right to. And also to profess it and proclaim it without fear of condemnation or ridicule.
The same courtesy should be extended to Scientologists.
Dermot
No, Dermot, unfortunately this is not a very valid religion, it's a mafia cult that bullies people who do not agree with it, often using illegal, and uncouth methods. If you'd like to fork out thousands of dollars to find out, in the upper, secret levels of your organization, that your body is inhabited by thousands of souls belonging to murdered aliens who were killed 75 millions years ago by a ruthless, interplanetary leader named Xenu, I say go for it and enjoy. If you'd like to believe that hearing about this Xenu story before achieving these upper levels will kill you (which is why they kept telling the young man with them to cover his ears) You have a right to believe what you'd like to believe. I don't have a problem with that.

What IS a problem is that the so-called Church of Scientology has a policy of harassing its detractors. They are ruthless and use under-handed and illegal tactics to "destroy" those who speak out against them. This IS part of their church policy, and church LEADERS have been imprisoned for taking such actions in the past. They deny that this policy is still upheld and practiced. However, Elfman's questions regarding baby rape and asking the "offender" what crimes he has committed, have to do with the scientologist policy which states that anyone who is against the church is a criminal, and instead of defending the church from attacks, one should question the attacker about their criminal behaviour, or "attack them" in other words. This is obviously a ploy to intimidate, and a common practice within Scientology. People who speak out against them are, in fact, commonly threatened and discredited through lies. It can go as far as their pets being killed and neighbors, friends, family and employers being phoned with unsavory, fabricated lies about them.

If it were just a bunch of nut cases believing in aliens I'd say more power to you, but it goes far beyond that. I USED to be a HUGE fan of Jenna's, but not after this. Her recent outbursts have proven to me that although the church denies these policies and practices, they are very much true and still in use. These people are brainwashed, dangerous, and unethical. Search the web for info on them. There is a LOT of it and then look at the evidence presented by Jenna Elfman's attack on this man. I think it proves that the church is covering all this up, and possibly even validates the many legal cases against the church and proves that they are covering up their illegal and organized attacks on anyone who opposes them. Although I do not approve of bashing anyone's faith or sexual orientation, this is about much more than that.
Dermot

Limerick, Ireland

#9 Oct 16, 2006
Ral wrote:
<quoted text>No, Dermot, unfortunately this is not a very valid religion, it's a mafia cult that bullies people who do not agree with it, often using illegal, and uncouth methods. If you'd like to fork out thousands of dollars to find out, in the upper, secret levels of your organization, that your body is inhabited by thousands of souls belonging to murdered aliens who were killed 75 millions years ago by a ruthless, interplanetary leader named Xenu, I say go for it and enjoy. If you'd like to believe that hearing about this Xenu story before achieving these upper levels will kill you (which is why they kept telling the young man with them to cover his ears) You have a right to believe what you'd like to believe. I don't have a problem with that.
What IS a problem is that the so-called Church of Scientology has a policy of harassing its detractors. They are ruthless and use under-handed and illegal tactics to "destroy" those who speak out against them. This IS part of their church policy, and church LEADERS have been imprisoned for taking such actions in the past. They deny that this policy is still upheld and practiced. However, Elfman's questions regarding baby rape and asking the "offender" what crimes he has committed, have to do with the scientologist policy which states that anyone who is against the church is a criminal, and instead of defending the church from attacks, one should question the attacker about their criminal behaviour, or "attack them" in other words. This is obviously a ploy to intimidate, and a common practice within Scientology. People who speak out against them are, in fact, commonly threatened and discredited through lies. It can go as far as their pets being killed and neighbors, friends, family and employers being phoned with unsavory, fabricated lies about them.
If it were just a bunch of nut cases believing in aliens I'd say more power to you, but it goes far beyond that. I USED to be a HUGE fan of Jenna's, but not after this. Her recent outbursts have proven to me that although the church denies these policies and practices, they are very much true and still in use. These people are brainwashed, dangerous, and unethical. Search the web for info on them. There is a LOT of it and then look at the evidence presented by Jenna Elfman's attack on this man. I think it proves that the church is covering all this up, and possibly even validates the many legal cases against the church and proves that they are covering up their illegal and organized attacks on anyone who opposes them. Although I do not approve of bashing anyone's faith or sexual orientation, this is about much more than that.
Dear Ral,

As with most anti-Scientology rhetoric, your data is both false, malicious and spread with generality and innuendo, designed to malign my religion and to set Scientology apart for scorn and derision.

That is the only thing I see in your response.

Each and every "allegation" you mention has been said again and again on the Internet. But they only come from the SAME NUMBER OF PEOPLE. The trouble I have with your diatribe is that you are just beating the same mantra as the anti-Scientology lobby. Worse, it seems to me that you don't have any clue as to the policies of the church nor the beliefs and practices of it.

All we are left with is a condemnation of alleged belieffs and practices that YOU allege SCientology does. If my religion of Scientology was doing any of this stuff, I would not have anything to do with it. But it is not.

The facts of the matter is that, as with all religions, it gets attacked by the bogotted and uninformed. By your thread you fit into this category. But you are a good person, I'm sure. You just believe in the crap.

Well I don't. And I have 20 years of experience in SCientology. Time enough, I believe, to evaluate and investigate your claims. And they are....as we say in Ireland.......BOLLIX!!!!

Cheers,

Dermot
Dermot

Limerick, Ireland

#10 Oct 16, 2006
Ral wrote:
<quoted text>by levels will kill you (which is why they kept telling the young man with them to cover his ears) You have a right to believe what you'd like to believe. I don't have a problem with that.
Dear Ral,
Thank you for your thread. Unfortunately I completely disagree with you.
I have been a Scientologist for 20 years and the religion you present in your thread as Scientology, is not, in fact the religion I know.
It is a very, valid religion with beliefs and practices just like every other religion.
The claims you make for it regarding its "handling of detractors" is the standard accusation of the anti-Scientology lobby. This latter group itself, has been hounding and harrassing Scientology since 1950: bringing lawsuits, false claims, plants, fake suicide notes, fake and trumped up charges and a rather wonderful flanking campaign by the ever sex-sensation media. Does this not strike you that the very thing these peole claim Scientology do is the very thing that they are doing.
Shakespeare once noted that "sin does speak loudest in accusation". This is a very astute observation. Here are some examples:
In Ireland there was a priest by the name of Fr. Sean Fortune. For years, he got up on his hind legs and condemned Scientology for "immorality" etc. In 1995, he was arraigned on (% COUNTS OF CHILD RAPE AND BUGGERY". Or Mr. Michael Rokos. He was the National Director of the Old Cult Awareness Network. These guys coordinated all the anti-Scientology rhetoric and liaised with the media in this endeavour. He claimed many vicious things about Scientology. Unfortunately he was caught by an undercover cop trying to solicit sex from her.
The list goes on and on. So don't give me that crap about morals. Many of the anti-Scientology lobby have blood on their hands.(see article on WACO in Freedom magazine in May 1995)
I have files the length of my room filled with the sordid details of these guys.
AS for Scientology, it works....Simple as that!!!And it continues to expand despite the best laid plans of mice.
Dermot
Will

Fair Oaks, CA

#11 Nov 12, 2007
Um, Dermot? Before you focus too much on spiritual enlightenment, I think you'd best be served by a few timely lessons in spelling(bogotted?) and grammar(very, very, valid?). It does nothing to help your argument that scientology(small s) is a church not full of nut jobs, but rather uniformed asses such as yourself. I may be just another mouse laying plans, but, as the Irish say, you sir, are a langer!

“Proud SP since 2003”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#12 Nov 12, 2007
I heard this story a long time ago, hilarious. Permanently turned me off to anything Jenna Elfman stars in. Kudos to John Roecker.

“Fly low, fly fast.”

East Midlands, UK

#13 Nov 14, 2007
I've signed to youtube Rachel, what do I do now?

“Proud SP since 2003”

Location hidden

#14 Nov 14, 2007
supersonic boom wrote:
I've signed to youtube Rachel, what do I do now?
What's your user name SSB? Mine is (don't laugh, it was just the first thing that popped into my head) "cultssuck". Having an account allows you to e-mail other users privately, as Red and I have done.

“Honorary Squirrel Buster”

Oklahoma City, OK

#15 Nov 14, 2007
Rachel99 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your user name SSB? Mine is (don't laugh, it was just the first thing that popped into my head) "cultssuck". Having an account allows you to e-mail other users privately, as Red and I have done.
Im known as RedPillonTopix there.

“Honorary Squirrel Buster”

Oklahoma City, OK

#16 Nov 14, 2007
(The above is for SSB of course)

“Fly low, fly fast.”

East Midlands, UK

#17 Nov 15, 2007
Thanks, I'm supersonicboom1.

“Proud SP since 2003”

Location hidden

#18 Nov 15, 2007
supersonic boom wrote:
Thanks, I'm supersonicboom1.
I sent you an e-mail SSB

“Fly low, fly fast.”

East Midlands, UK

#19 Nov 16, 2007
Returned with thanks to both of you.
Hub El Ronald

United States

#20 Dec 8, 2007
Will wrote:
Um, Dermot? Before you focus too much on spiritual enlightenment, I think you'd best be served by a few timely lessons in spelling(bogotted?) and grammar(very, very, valid?). It does nothing to help your argument that scientology(small s) is a church not full of nut jobs, but rather uniformed asses such as yourself. I may be just another mouse laying plans, but, as the Irish say, you sir, are a langer!
Did you mean "uniformed" or "uninformed" ? Both could apply in context.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jenna Elfman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jenna Elfman nude ! (Jul '12) Feb '13 Jenna 2
News Nine Celebrity Morsels from Lawrence's Wright's... (Jan '13) Jan '13 lex luther 1
News Have You Raped a Baby? Ask a Scientologist... (Sep '06) Feb '11 FFF999 3
News 'Accidentally' delivers bundle of joy (Sep '10) Sep '10 Amanda Price 1
News Seven CBS Shows on the Bubble (May '10) May '10 B4HONOR 1
News Jenna Elfman Welcomes Baby No. 2 (Mar '10) Mar '10 Steen 1
News Jenna Elfman Joins CBS 'Accidentally on Purpose... (Apr '09) Oct '09 rob 4
More from around the web