Your Top 5 Of All Time

Your Top 5 Of All Time

There are 174 comments on the 411mania.com story from Mar 19, 2006, titled Your Top 5 Of All Time. In it, 411mania.com reports that:

No particular order...Biggie, Big L, Jay-Z, Big Pun and Scarface -------------------- The Dream is BACK, if you weeeeel The Son of a Plumba You could be a docta, a lawyer, an injun chief, or a LADY OF THE ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 411mania.com.

BuckStmp211

Doylestown, PA

#21 Jun 12, 2006
dude Run DMC is a group

but anyway

Tupac
Nas
TI
BIG
Ludacris?

it was harder than i expected

but i did it

*other mentions*
Julez Santana
All of NWA
Young Buck
ll cool J
Mike Jones
JAY Z i dont like him, but he is good
i just dont think he can represent rap that well
Fabolous
Young Jeezy
Snoop Dogg
DMX
Ice Cube
Big Tymer
Daz/Kurupt

So Peace Yo' Im Out,
steve
bojan

Croatia

#22 Jun 14, 2006
2pac
the notorious b.i.g.
jay z
nasty nas
ice cube
Evan

Stewartsville, NJ

#23 Jul 21, 2006
Eminem
Biggie
Jay-Z
Snoop Dogg
Young Jeezy
ray

Dublin, Ireland

#24 Jul 21, 2006
1)jay-z...the greatest mc ever...he has been the most consistant mc since reasonable doubt and has become the legend that is hova...
2)nas...no doubt that he is nice but he aint on jay-z's level...
3)tupac...he is the hardest working mc ever!!!not the best lyricist but has most of the other angles covered...
4)biggie smalls...arguably the best lyricist ever!!!he has been dead over a decade and he is the most quoted rapper in the game even though he only released 2 albums...
5)ice cube...it fits that 2 west coast mc's and 2 east coast mc;s are in the top 5!!!ice cube held down the west coast by himself and took on n.w.a!!!he defined gangsta rap....

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION ANYWAYS!!!!
MEDINA

Douglasville, GA

#25 Jul 22, 2006
I'M DA BEST. PERIOD. END OF STORY.
John

Texarkana, TX

#26 Jul 24, 2006
ray wrote:
1)jay-z...the greatest mc ever...he has been the most consistant mc since reasonable doubt and has become the legend that is hova...
2)nas...no doubt that he is nice but he aint on jay-z's level...
3)tupac...he is the hardest working mc ever!!!not the best lyricist but has most of the other angles covered...
4)biggie smalls...arguably the best lyricist ever!!!he has been dead over a decade and he is the most quoted rapper in the game even though he only released 2 albums...
5)ice cube...it fits that 2 west coast mc's and 2 east coast mc;s are in the top 5!!!ice cube held down the west coast by himself and took on n.w.a!!!he defined gangsta rap....
THIS IS JUST MY OPINION ANYWAYS!!!!
Right on, great explinations although I might put Nas below biggie and pac.#1 is definetely Jay, only one to prove his consistency and is the household name in rap and has been for the last 10 years.#2 I'd go with Biggie or Pac basically a toss up IMO, with the other one at #3. Nas at 4th, he hasn't been great since Illmatic but Illmatic is definetely a classic.#5 I might go with Big Pun or Big L but Scarface isn't a bad choice either.
ray

Dublin, Ireland

#27 Jul 24, 2006
i hear where your comming from i left out rakim because he was good but wasnt exellent t and i feel that nas scores highr than biggie and pac because he is atill making music...no doubt they are better but nas can make more impact than them now he is with jay-z....if i was too put it up again i would choose
1)jay-z(for the reasons i had given)
2)pac(simply because he is equal to biggie but was doin it longer)
3)biggie(he did in 2 years what most cant do in their career)
4)nas
5)big pun
John

Texarkana, TX

#28 Jul 29, 2006
Yeah, thats almost exactly what mine would look like. I like Biggie better than Pac but I think in terms of the better all around rapper Pac would have one up on him.
ray

Dublin, Ireland

#29 Jul 30, 2006
John wrote:
Yeah, thats almost exactly what mine would look like. I like Biggie better than Pac but I think in terms of the better all around rapper Pac would have one up on him.
ye i know wat tou mean...i dont like the idea of having a top 5 list with 3 dead mc's on it..what is your top 5 albums
Michelle D

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#30 Jul 31, 2006
Jay Z
Nas
B.I.G
Tupac
Rakim
Frosty

Falmouth, UK

#31 Aug 1, 2006
Jay Z
Game
Biggie
Dre
50 Cent
Mondezze

Palo Alto, CA

#32 Aug 1, 2006
TOP 5

1. Jay-Z
----------
2. Biggie
3. 2PAC
4. Kanye
5. Dre
tillman

Lafayette, LA

#33 Aug 2, 2006
1 jay-z
2 biggie
3 scarface
4 bun-b
5 nas
iwas never a pac but hes a good rapper just not 1 one of my favorites ya digg
John

Texarkana, TX

#34 Aug 2, 2006
ray wrote:
<quoted text>ye i know wat tou mean...i dont like the idea of having a top 5 list with 3 dead mc's on it..what is your top 5 albums
My top 5 albums could be in any order but here it is.
1) Jay-Z: Reasonable Doubt
2) NaS: Illmatic
3) Biggie: Ready To Die
4) 2pac: All Eyez on Me
5) Any of the following three Jay-Z: The Blueprint, Biggie: Life After Death, Kanye West: The College Dropout (best debut album since Reasonable Doubt IMO)

Your Top 5?
ray

Dublin, Ireland

#35 Aug 3, 2006
mine has to be
1)Jay-Z: Reasonable Doubt
2)Nas: Illmatic
3)Biggie: Ready To Die
4)Tupac: The 7 Day Theory
5)Dr.Dre: Chronic..........College Dropout is the best debut since Reasonable Doubt although Eminem's is a serious contender too dont you think....is jay-z comming to your city/town on his tour????
John

Texarkana, TX

#36 Aug 3, 2006
ray wrote:
mine has to be
1)Jay-Z: Reasonable Doubt
2)Nas: Illmatic
3)Biggie: Ready To Die
4)Tupac: The 7 Day Theory
5)Dr.Dre: Chronic..........College Dropout is the best debut since Reasonable Doubt although Eminem's is a serious contender too dont you think....is jay-z comming to your city/town on his tour????
Nah, Jay isnt making his way out here, unfortunately.

I agree Eminem's debut is also easily up there, but I like College Dropouts creativeness and flow better, so I would rank it slightly ahead of The Marshall Mathers LP.

Also, great call on the Chronic. I totally forgot about it and it definetely should be included in the Top 5.
ray

Dublin, Ireland

#37 Aug 3, 2006
I WAS COMPARING COLLEGE DROPOUT TO MARSHEL MATTERS LP...NOBODY CAN TOCH JAY-Z DEBUT...CHRONIC IS A CLASSIC ALBUM WHO IS UR TOP 5 NEW MC'S....WITH LIKE ONE ALBUM OUT????
Angelo

Mesa, AZ

#38 Aug 4, 2006
1.Tupac
2.Notorious B.I.G
3.Jay-Z
4.Ice Cube
5.The Game
Big A

United States

#39 Aug 4, 2006
1. Big L
2. Big Pun
3. Papoose
4. Eminem (the old one)
5. AZ
Jim

Australia

#40 Aug 5, 2006
who so little eminem love

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jay-Z Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sawoonda Sun Brandy trujillo 1
News Michelle Malkin: The Hip-Hop President - All Sw... (Sep '12) Nov 13 MBTN 8
Sawoonda Oct '16 Brandy trujillo 1
Sawoonda Oct '16 Brandy trujillo 1
News Farewell, Brangelina, but wait: celeb royalty a... Sep '16 Egomaniacal 1
News the Best Rapper Ever: Eminem vs. 2Pac (Aug '09) Sep '16 Seluna 243
bambam Aug '16 brandy trujillo 4
More from around the web