Michael Jackson: King Of Pop, Rock An...

Michael Jackson: King Of Pop, Rock And Soul--And Hip-Hop?

There are 56 comments on the Forbes.com story from Apr 16, 2014, titled Michael Jackson: King Of Pop, Rock And Soul--And Hip-Hop?. In it, Forbes.com reports that:

Though many refer to Michael Jackson simply as "The King of Pop," his full nickname-dreamed up by longtime pal Elizabeth Taylor-was "The King of Pop, Rock and Soul."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Forbes.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Michael I want you back

London, UK

#1 Apr 20, 2014
Michael the king of all music and entertainment
Aby age 11

Traverse City, MI

#3 Apr 21, 2014
Come back Michael you are to cool to be gone
Aby age 11

Traverse City, MI

#4 Apr 21, 2014
Michael I want you back wrote:
Michael the king of all music and entertainment
me to!!!!!!!!
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#5 Apr 21, 2014
Wacko was basically seventies and eighties bubblegum pop. He then wasted many years being a tabloid clown. Elizabeth Taylor did not know anything about music to call the clown anything, especially since she was an aging movie actress from the forties. Wacko gave the hag diamonds and the two attended some Hollywood red carpet events together as has been freaks. Wacko gave himself the title of king of poop. He certainly wasn't rock, he had no soul and the watered down hip hop that Wacko had overdubbed on "Thriller 25" were done by untalented hacks. Michael Jackson was not the king of anything musical. Maybe Prince should start using that title since Prince has put out over forty-five albums of material since his debut release in 1978. Michael Jackson was too busy molesting under aged boys to work on his laughable career. He has the record for the most failures going back to the days of The Jackson Five and The Jacksons. Not one number one album in sight until his first, which was "Thriller" The clown's overblown hype continues with Sony but we all know that Wacko was only massed produced junk for the five year old set from the eighties. Time has not been kind to Jacko The Clown.

Since: Jun 13

Wilson, NC

#6 Apr 21, 2014
I rather believe that Bob Jones began giving that nickname in 1987. He said "king of pop, rock and soul" was the original idea, then they shortened it to "pop" around 1991.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#7 Apr 21, 2014
BadMan84 wrote:
I rather believe that Bob Jones began giving that nickname in 1987. He said "king of pop, rock and soul" was the original idea, then they shortened it to "pop" around 1991.
A floating turd in a toilet bowl has more soul than Jacko The Clown. And when did Michael Jackson ever rock? He couldn't even play any musical instruments much less guitar. Rock is music done in the studio or on stage. The clown danced and lip synced to his pre-recordings. The best Wacko could be possibly described as is dated bubblegum pop and aging eighties dance music. In that case, Michael Jackson is not the king of anything except maybe the king of clowns.
MICHAEL I WANT YOU BACK

UK

#8 Apr 21, 2014
Michael Jackson,the king of pop,rock,soul hip hop
King of all Music and entertainment,king of the dance floor,Legend,Icon,hero,genius and everything.

Michael Jackson,was an unbelievable artist and an
Inspiration to everyone,with his good looks and
His strong and emotional songs,he touched Millions of people around the world, someone
Like Michael Jackson.com es along once,there
Is no one in the world Michael,never has been
And never will be. His Music film and dance will
Live on forever.and he will never be forgotton.
MICHAEL I WANT YOU BACK

UK

#9 Apr 21, 2014
Aby age 11 wrote:
<quoted text> me to!!!!!!!!
we all want him back.thanks for what you said.and how amazing is the unrealeased song stay.hope it will be released
Its so beautiful.and the words are beautiful

“Evolution is fab!”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#10 Apr 21, 2014
Octopus wrote:
<quoted text>
A floating turd in a toilet bowl has more soul than Jacko The Clown. And when did Michael Jackson ever rock? He couldn't even play any musical instruments much less guitar. Rock is music done in the studio or on stage. The clown danced and lip synced to his pre-recordings. The best Wacko could be possibly described as is dated bubblegum pop and aging eighties dance music. In that case, Michael Jackson is not the king of anything except maybe the king of clowns.
Playing any kind of instrument was far too manly for a puny sap like Wacko.

Though I have heard several times that he was credited with clapping his hands on one of his albums.

What an achievement.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#11 Apr 21, 2014
Butterballs wrote:
<quoted text>
Playing any kind of instrument was far too manly for a puny sap like Wacko.
Though I have heard several times that he was credited with clapping his hands on one of his albums.
What an achievement.
Yeah, I've read that Wacko was actually credited with clapping his hands on one of his albums. Like only a "genius" can come up with that. Michael Jackson was as dumb as a stone. Obviously, he attracts people just like him. I laughed at the clown popping his wide clown mouth and calling his retarded snapping lips "beatboxing" Wacko acted if he invented everything musical. The clown was grossly untalented. His dancing is even over rated.
FOREVER MICHAEL

UK

#12 Apr 21, 2014
How amazing and beautiful Michael playing the piano.theres nothing Michael cannot do.he had everything.he was everything. Just say the king
Of music dance and everything.MJ was Just awesome.thats what you call a true genius.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#13 Apr 21, 2014
FOREVER MICHAEL wrote:
How amazing and beautiful Michael playing the piano.theres nothing Michael cannot do.he had everything.he was everything. Just say the king
Of music dance and everything.MJ was Just awesome.thats what you call a true genius.
Wacko wasn't playing the piano in his Pepsi commercial. The clown hired somebody to record the piece and sat behind the piano like he knew how to play. The clown was a compulsive liar that even lied about being the first black artist played on MTV. That was obviously false. Musical Youth "Pass The Dutchie" was two years before Jacko's "Bille Jean" and Eddie Grant's "Electric Avenue" was one year before the lying clown even thought of making a video.

Michael Jackson definely was a hack and a fraud. He was a dumb manipalator of lies. He molested scores of young boys behind the soiled walls of his perverted Neverland lair.
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#14 Apr 21, 2014
*definitely a hack and a fraud...

The dead clown's lies can easily be traced.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#15 Apr 21, 2014
MJ made a huge impact upon today's contemporary music industry. His influence on rap is evident everywhere.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#17 Apr 21, 2014
FOREVER MICHAEL wrote:
How amazing and beautiful Michael playing the piano.theres nothing Michael cannot do.
You are sooo funny!!

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#18 Apr 21, 2014
goodvibrations wrote:
MJ made a huge impact upon today's contemporary music industry. His influence on rap is evident everywhere.
LOL! Hey, you're funny, too! OMG, floons are hilarious!
Octopus

Schenectady, NY

#19 Apr 21, 2014
goodvibrations wrote:
Trying to take the credit away from Sugar Hill Gang who had the first known rap hit with "Rapper's Delight" in 1979?

Wacko just incorporated rap into some of his later recordings to try and appeal to kids. And even so, it wasn't very good. They even come up with Christain rap, which is banal. You confuse contemporary music as being a good thing for the industry. That is exactly why sales keep declining every year. It is Michael Jackson's fault because the pop acts today suck. They all brag they are influenced by the clown. Not exactly creative.
Honronable

Grand Rapids, MI

#21 Apr 22, 2014
Yeah, I agree with tbe Suguar HIll Gang comments. They the first one to start this whole rap thing and bringing it into the mainstream. Without them, there wouldn't be no 2pac or Biggie.

Schenectady, NY

#22 Apr 22, 2014
Honronable wrote:
Yeah, I agree with tbe Suguar HIll Gang comments. They the first one to start this whole rap thing and bringing it into the mainstream. Without them, there wouldn't be no 2pac or Biggie.
Going back to the roots of where rap started and Michael Jackson had nothing to do with that. Yet, floons want to give him the credit for inventing hip hop, which is totally delusional. I remember Blondie's "Rapture" in 1981. Michael Jackson was pop, disco or r&b.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#23 Apr 22, 2014
King of the Lip Synching dancers who would not do so well if they had to depend on their live vocals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jay-Z Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
madusa Jun 27 brandy trujillo 1
News Part 2 of Slim Thug's 'Hogg Life' Film Flashes ... Jun 27 Farting 2
sawuunda Jun 27 brandy trujillo 2
madusa Jun 25 brandy trujillo 1
sawuuoonda Jun 25 brandy trujillo 1
News Kanye West, Future, Drake put on superb show at... Jun 22 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News Dylan Storm Roof Will Not Stop The Show For Boo... Jun 22 Isolated House 1
More from around the web