Review: Jason Alexander in CBS' 'Criminal Minds'

There are 17 comments on the Newsday story from Nov 18, 2008, titled Review: Jason Alexander in CBS' 'Criminal Minds'. In it, Newsday reports that:

WHERE Tonight at 9 on CBS/2 REASON TO WATCH Jason Alexander ! WHAT IT'S ABOUT This episode, entitled "Masterpiece," opens with a creepy stop-action photo sequence of a woman and children in peril, before the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Angela

Gretna, LA

#1 Nov 18, 2008
Uh, that's all interesting or something about the hair, for some people. But, I really hope that the show still plays as a drama. Too many descriptions for this episode seem to focus on humor and the funny, and while the show does have its moments of lightness and humor, it's first and foremost a drama. Everywhere I turn, I get the feeling that this will play like a special one hour sitcom version of the show. But, if the hair is the major hilarious point, then I can probably take that. It won't distract me. I've seen pictures of Jason Alexander in the role and it hasn't had any effect on me. So, fingers crossed.

“Lovely year for a Guinness”

Since: Dec 07

Daytona Beach

#2 Nov 19, 2008
who cares
saboteur

Ridgefield, NJ

#3 Nov 19, 2008
jason alexander is a piss poor actor. a hack, shouldn't even be called an actor. whose ever idea it was to cast him should be suspended without pay for at least a 2 episodes if not fired. his portrayal of a serial killer is laughable
CareBear

Mckinney, TX

#4 Nov 19, 2008
Who cares?
G-Man

Fresno, CA

#5 Nov 19, 2008
Jason Alexander actually did a pretty good job as a serial killer. As a matter of fact, it took me a while to realize exactly who he was. The episode kept me guessing until the very end- except for one thing. (Spoiler alert) I was pretty sure that he wouldn't succeed in killing David's entire team. That alone kept me wondering how this episode would really end. Nonetheless, it was a pretty good ending to a well acted episode. I'll keep watching.
Danny

Markham, Canada

#6 Nov 19, 2008
All I saw and heard was George Constanza, especially (spoiler) when he screamed while attacking Rossi.

I think he would have been more effective without the ridiculous wig, and his usual diminutive stature.
Danny

Markham, Canada

#7 Nov 19, 2008
^

I think he would have been more effective without the ridiculous wig, and *INSTEAD with his usual diminutive stature.
dfirefox

Denver, CO

#8 Nov 20, 2008
I thought he did a great job. Saboteur ..you do not know what you are talking about.
ollie

Burlington, Canada

#9 Nov 27, 2008
The wig was ridiculous. I couldn't take the character seriously; so there was no tension building through the episode. It was laughable.
DDot

Avilla, IN

#10 Dec 11, 2008
I was very impressed with his performance. The hair was to keep him from looking like George Constanza, a character I literally could not stand. I guess I never considered JA an actor till now.
jennifer

United States

#11 Apr 2, 2009
was his hair really that bad or was it just because it was different for him. someone I work with said I look just like him.. and I'm a woman :(
She said the hair was like mine.
I was thinking of getting it styled and colored and cut before this comparison. because I am 54 and keep getting senior citizen discounts. and my sister is 5 years older than me and waiters flirt with her.
anyway.. I think Jason Alexander is a great actor with a sweet personality and cute smiling eyes -- so I guess that comparison wasnt a total insult
jennifer

United States

#12 Apr 2, 2009
i dont watch criminal minds but someone at work said I look just like Jason Alexander when he was wearing the long gray wig.
Was the hair ridiculous or was it just because he was wearing it and it was so different than he normally looks?
I hope my hair doesnt look as bad as all the remarks all over the internet about his wig.
I have been planning to get mine cut and colored and styled. I am 54 and keep getting senior citizen discounts, while my sister who is 5 years older than me, gets flirted with by young waiters.
I have never considered Jason Alexander to be ugly, so at least I dont feel too insulted... except for the fact that i look like a man apparently :(
jennifer

United States

#13 Apr 2, 2009
sorry about the 2 similar posts, i didn't think the first one went through
Bulldog

United States

#14 Nov 28, 2009
This was a really good episode. It could have been great if that no-talent Jason Alexander wasn't in it. The long hair wig and the effeminate voice??? C'mon, there had to be some of actor that could have been selected.
Buffalo Bill

Toronto, Canada

#15 Feb 27, 2011
Bulldog wrote:
This was a really good episode. It could have been great if that no-talent Jason Alexander wasn't in it. The long hair wig and the effeminate voice??? C'mon,...
Relatively speaking, that was the whole point, I think.
Dianne

Shreve, OH

#16 May 30, 2011
I liked this episode and thought the character was believeable. As for the negative comments about the wig .... IT WAS PART OF THE CHARACTER! THE ROLE... isn't that what acting is? Get over the wig!
frank64318

United States

#18 Mar 18, 2013
This performance was absolutely atrocious. The wig was a poor prop and did not help me suspend disbelief. At one point, it almost seemed that the rest of the cast was being punk'd because their reactions to his acting appeared slightly confused. Maybe he surprised them with D List method acting. I wish I had 3 hands so I could give this episode 3 thumbs down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jason Alexander Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Levi Johnston, Male Prima Donna (Nov '09) Nov '14 tweedledick 4
News Jason Alexander sorry for 'gay' cricket comment (Jun '12) Jun '12 Anonymous 2
News Alexander apologizes for 'gay' cricket remark (Jun '12) Jun '12 YaHa 5
News Seinfeld's Jason Alexander apologizes for calli... (Jun '12) Jun '12 snyper 1
Jason Alexander nude (Nov '11) Nov '11 Christia 1
News BRITNEY Spears has been telling pals she wants ... (Apr '11) Apr '11 bailout my duck 5
News Author Rice quits Christianity (Aug '10) Aug '10 PATAXPAYER 1
More from around the web