Santa Cruz's Adam Scott succeeds at acting by playing a failed actor

Santa Cruz-born actor Adam Scott is quite aware of the irony. Tonight, Scott debuts as the lead actor in a new TV comedy series called "Party Down." After years of striving for that much-talked-about "big break" in Hollywood, Scott may have found it by playing an actor who has given up on ever finding it. Full Story
Opinionated

Oakland, CA

#1 Mar 20, 2009
You want to punch me don't you? You want to punch me right in the face...

Never heard of Adam Scott before Step brothers but he was hilarious as the pompous younger brother Derek. I wish him luck. "Party Down" sounds like a good premise for a sitcom.
Jonny Lee

Mountain View, CA

#2 Mar 20, 2009
Go Adam...Santa Cruz is proud! Keep up all the good works!

“Figure it out...”

Since: Mar 08

Santa Cruz, California

#4 Mar 20, 2009
Adam's being humble here, but he's always been a very talented actor. Back in junior high at Branciforte he was already doing extended monologue pieces in school theater productions. Best of luck Adam!
Patti

United States

#5 Mar 20, 2009
Good luck Adam. You make us proud!
Wescruz

Santa Cruz, CA

#6 Mar 20, 2009
It just goes to show that those do the best at something that the know something about.
So him being a failed actor allowed him to put that experience into the role of the failed actor.
Now.....if this pays off, he can play the part of a successful actor afterwards as he will have that in his background as well.:) sort of a theory.
Ya get out of something what ya put into it.
Wescruz

Santa Cruz, CA

#7 Mar 20, 2009
"that they know something about". which,as for me right now proofreading is something that I need to work on.

“Figure it out...”

Since: Mar 08

Santa Cruz, California

#8 Mar 20, 2009
Wescruz wrote:
"that they know something about". which,as for me right now proofreading is something that I need to work on.
You might want to brush up on your reading skills too. The article states clearly that he's had co-staring roles in Scorsese's The Aviator and alongside Will Farrell in Stepbrothers. He's been many other movies and TV shows, IMDB showing 50 something entries is not what I would define as a "failed actor."
Wescruz

Santa Cruz, CA

#9 Mar 20, 2009
SC Midtown wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to brush up on your reading skills too. The article states clearly that he's had co-staring roles in Scorsese's The Aviator and alongside Will Farrell in Stepbrothers. He's been many other movies and TV shows, IMDB showing 50 something entries is not what I would define as a "failed actor."
It was a joke!! Dingaling. I was joking. you know when you say something that might be funny (but might not necessarily be to everyone)and someone else might go, "ha ha, ho ho" or whatever.
Wescruz

Santa Cruz, CA

#10 Mar 20, 2009
SC Midtown wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and also you might want to brush up on your PAY ATTENTION TO DETAIL skills. Didn't you notice the :) in my reply?? That should have given you a clue. Geez!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jane Lynch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jane Lynch, wife, finalize divorce in Los Angeles Oct '14 Christian Fumblem... 3
Jane Lynch & Wife Finalize Divorce Oct '14 Baddabing 1
Swift 'lost virginity to Gyllenhaal' (Feb '14) Feb '14 Taylor Swift 5
Industry Powerhouses Raise Millions for the L.A... (Oct '13) Oct '13 snyper 1
"Glee" star Jane Lynch makes guest-appearance o... (Jun '13) Jun '13 mjm0424 1
'Glee' star Jane Lynch and wife announce divorce (Jun '13) Jun '13 Umm 1
Jane Lynch nude (Mar '13) Mar '13 Torrie 1
More from around the web