Review: 'Grey's Anatomy' season premiere

Full story: Newsday

WHERE Tonight from 9 to 11 on ABC/7 REASON TO WATCH Two-hour season premiere with cameos from Bernadette Peters , Kathy Baker and Mariette Hartley WHAT IT'S ABOUT The Chief is on a tear because Seattle Grace ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Oct 21, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rebekah

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 24, 2008
 
I love Grey's Anatomy.... and I am totally excited for this season to start tomrorow night... so in this case, it is not all about Meredith and Derek- and besides deep down they are meant to be together.. so let them work out the problems that they are having and let it play out!
Pia

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 25, 2008
 
Seriously! So...not...over!!! Can't wait for season five! So what if it's all about Grey and Shepard. They rock!
TVFanNYC

Millbury, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 25, 2008
 
Ugh. Feel the love Verne! Feel the love! Sometimes 'sentiment' is the best medicine. The show, like all great multi year shows, knows it's core fans, and delivers for them. I predict good things from the writers this year, and a renewed enthusiasm for the show. But here's a sneak preview to whet the die hards' whistles www.youtube.com/watch...
They are out there blogging away today with anticipation. Because they love MerDer et al. Bottom line: I don't think it is fair to criticize a tasty confection for not being more nutritious.
Lydia

Wilmington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 25, 2008
 
I have been scouring the blogosphere for Grey's posts, but have found next to NOTHING. This blog was kind of funny--

http://queensboro.wordpress.com/2008/09/25/if...

Why aren't more people more excited about tonight!!!!???!!!
Anne

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 25, 2008
 
Grey's is so not over...au contraire it keeps getting better and better. I love it. Yes, I do admit that there are times that I do get tired of Meredith (never of Derek) but that is just the way the show is; you have to take the good with the bad. I am so excited, can't wait to see it tonight.

“2014 ! The Bar is Open !”

Since: Dec 07

a round for all

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 25, 2008
 
who cares
NYY

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 25, 2008
 
Anne wrote:
Grey's is so not over...au contraire it keeps getting better and better. I love it. Yes, I do admit that there are times that I do get tired of Meredith (never of Derek) but that is just the way the show is; you have to take the good with the bad. I am so excited, can't wait to see it tonight.
Will you be popping some popcorn and enjoying a few glasses of white wine as well
TheatreChick93

Northborough, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 26, 2008
 
I was disappointed last night. Found it very boring. I was so excited for it's return but it left me feeling empty and annoyed that I stayed up to watch it. I hope it gets better. I am hoping that last night was just to bring closure to everything and so that they can start anew. The Chief's speech at the end gave me some hope that, that is the case. I'll keep watching but if it doesn't get better... well, we shall see.
alice

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 26, 2008
 
I am sick of Meredith's issues, she is too annoying, the world does not evolve around her. We had a Ross and Rachel, with the breaking up, getting back, etc. and it was just as annoying on Friends If Derek and Meredith break up yet again, I am done with the show, as well as about 15 girls I watch with. And what is with Rose, what did she date Derek for a week, she knew D and M's history, move on sista. Yang, is like Carla on Cheers, her nasty comments and sarcasm are not funny anymore. She's played. Alex, get over yourself. You are not a mystery, bad childhood, paleese. Lexie is as annoying as her sister, George pick a girl already.
alice

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 26, 2008
 
am sick of Meredith's issues, she is too annoying, the world does not evolve around her. We had a Ross and Rachel, with the breaking up, getting back, etc. and it was just as annoying on Friends If Derek and Meredith break up yet again, I am done with the show, as well as about 15 girls I watch with. And what is with Rose, what did she date Derek for a week, she knew D and M's history, move on sista. Yang, is like Carla on Cheers, her nasty comments and sarcasm are not funny anymore. She's played. Alex, get over yourself. You are not a mystery, bad childhood, paleese. Lexie is as annoying as her sister, George pick a girl already.
sarina

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 26, 2008
 
Keep Meredith an Derek together, enough of the breaking up, it is too annoying. Izzie and Alex belong together. Lexie stop being so nice it is sickening. Yang get over yourself, you are not a bad ass. George is cute but needs to be more aggressive, he is too wimpy.
FRAN

Mount Vernon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 26, 2008
 
Last night was the first time I ever watched this show even though I have friends that have watched it from day 1 and loved it! Other than the relationship stuff between Derek and Mere like Verne Gay said I thought it was pretty good. I think all the relationship stuff gets a bit old and boring after awhile. But I just may give it a chance this season it had some good scenes last night.
FRAN

Mount Vernon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 26, 2008
 
Guinness Drinker wrote:
who cares
Besides the obvious is there anything you care about?
FRAN

Mount Vernon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 26, 2008
 
alice wrote:
I am sick of Meredith's issues, she is too annoying, the world does not evolve around her. We had a Ross and Rachel, with the breaking up, getting back, etc. and it was just as annoying on Friends If Derek and Meredith break up yet again, I am done with the show, as well as about 15 girls I watch with. And what is with Rose, what did she date Derek for a week, she knew D and M's history, move on sista. Yang, is like Carla on Cheers, her nasty comments and sarcasm are not funny anymore. She's played. Alex, get over yourself. You are not a mystery, bad childhood, paleese. Lexie is as annoying as her sister, George pick a girl already.
You do know these people are not real right?
alice

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 26, 2008
 
You're a fuuny guy !! I'm hysterical !!!
alice

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 26, 2008
 
Fran you're a funny guy !! I'm hysterical !!! was for your comment about mine.
disappointed

Richardson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Sep 26, 2008
 
TheatreChick93 wrote:
I was disappointed last night. Found it very boring. I was so excited for it's return but it left me feeling empty and annoyed that I stayed up to watch it. I hope it gets better. I am hoping that last night was just to bring closure to everything and so that they can start anew. The Chief's speech at the end gave me some hope that, that is the case. I'll keep watching but if it doesn't get better... well, we shall see.
I so agree!! I was ready for it to end. What horrible writing and the acting was a not great either. And who is the army goofball? Not the character i would have liked to seen. I hope the next one gets better.
joan

Nigeria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 30, 2008
 
I am so sorry i don,t mean to upset grey,s fans . but this show should end this season. It,s time. It really really is. You dont want people saying in a year or two WHY IS THIS SHOW STILL ON!
Truth Be Known

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 17, 2008
 
The season premiere was alright. I did not care for the fake dream where Merideth see McDreamy dying or how Rose first said she was pregnant then said "SIKE".Rip Off! That army doc guy for Christina and the show is picking up pace. I liked how Alex and Izzy was competing for that patient.
I like how George passed his test. I still really enjoy this show. It's great work.
NYY

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 21, 2008
 
alice wrote:
You're a fuuny guy !! I'm hysterical !!!
Funny Guy? Funny in what way

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent James Pickens Jr. Discussions

Search the James Pickens Jr. Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
James Pickens - nude ! (Aug '11) Aug '11 Ross 1
'Grey's Anatomy' Cast Plays Up Laughs - Jokes, ... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Sue 1
ABC Actors Arrive in Support of Chandra Wilson ... (Jun '09) Jun '09 sunshine 1
Heigl, Knight won't leave 'Grey's' afterall (Feb '09) May '09 GoldenAh 5
Katherine Heigl: Ready to leave series (Feb '09) Feb '09 Legal 1 2
Grey's Anatomy: Season Five by Five (Sep '08) Sep '08 ashanne951 1
Isaiah Reunites with Former Grey's Castmates | ... (Jul '07) Jul '07 Deborah 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••