jordan04n

Oakland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2010

Twenty years ago when my daughter was eight we were coming home from an L A dance competition and who should be on that plane but Mr.James Garner who spoke directly to Sarah asking her about her day. I was beside myself. We have his autograph on a napkin and a photo of the two.

“In the picture, I'm the biped,”

Since: Sep 07

Dallas, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Annie wrote:
<quoted text>
Just dropping by to say hello from a long time James Garner fan in Australia. I don't think there's anything he made I haven't watched. I really wish they'd brought Heartsounds out on dvd. He's a wonderful actor.
I wish they would put Heartsounds on DVD too! I would love to watch it again.
itsurnkl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2010

Hi Gigi,Are you the little girl I met at theNewporter Inn in the early 60's. At the time you said you were going to be a movie star, I just wondered if you became one.
Harry Ackermann

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

If anyone speaks with James Garner in the near future, please tell him that his playfull personality comes thru in most everything I've seen him in, and that he is truly admired for the pleasure he has given so many of us fans!!
johnl

Marble Falls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2010

What is Jim's true heigh? I've heard everything from 6'1" to 6'4"
Rick Oringer

Oceano, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2011

I've never admired anyone more than this man. Talking about presence, he lived the fullest life any man ever could. God bless his beautiful soul.

Dallas, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2011

Rick Oringer wrote:
I've never admired anyone more than this man. Talking about presence, he lived the fullest life any man ever could. God bless his beautiful soul.
What a lovely post! I absolutely agree, and I've been following him since Maverick in 1957. I admired him then, and I admire him even more now. I'm in touch with his daughter, Gigi Garner, and she is devoted to him, says he's a "wonderful father."

He's written his memoirs - believe it or not! They will be published by Simon & Schuster in November.
jackie

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2011

i was just wondering if jennifer garner is related to james garner. those dimples cause her to appear to be related. thanks, jackie

Dallas, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2011

jordan04n wrote:
Twenty years ago when my daughter was eight we were coming home from an L A dance competition and who should be on that plane but Mr.James Garner who spoke directly to Sarah asking her about her day. I was beside myself. We have his autograph on a napkin and a photo of the two.
Great story! Thanks for posting! Just more proof that Jim Garner is one very special person.

Dallas, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2011

jackie wrote:
i was just wondering if jennifer garner is related to james garner. those dimples cause her to appear to be related. thanks, jackie
Nope. No relation at all.

Dallas, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2011

Rick Oringer wrote:
What a great post! I couldn't agree more. Jim has written his memoirs, and the book will be published by Simon & Schuster in November. Definitely looking forward to that.

Dallas, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2011

johnl wrote:
What is Jim's true heigh? I've heard everything from 6'1" to 6'4"
He was 6'3" but has lost some height over the years due to collapsing cartilage in his back and knees.
Tony

Baldwin Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

Hi, I was wondering if James Garner ever owned a black 1971 Cadillac Limo, I know he loved cars and racing. Best wishes to him & his family.

Dallas, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

Tony wrote:
Hi, I was wondering if James Garner ever owned a black 1971 Cadillac Limo, I know he loved cars and racing. Best wishes to him & his family.
I know way back in the late 50s - early 60s he owned a black Cadillac convertible.

Cars and racing definitely high on his list!
Rosanne

Waldwick, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2012

I have always enjoyed James Garner's work. I watched Sayonara as a little girl in Radio City Music Hall and wondered why the geisha liked Marlon Brando better than his handsome friend. I have always enjoyed his work. Am finishing his autobiography now and have not changed my opinion. Please send him my best wishes and thanks for many smiles.
Richard Parramint

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2012

Hi Everyone
Ilike everyone else have been concerned after Mr Garners health. Living here in the UK there has been no update at all.

I must admit when I have visited LA last year I did drive to the Garner house just in case he was around, maybe in the garden. I did not have the courage to press the intercom and ask after his health.

It would be great to find out how he is getting along.

Best wishes

Richard
Barbara Morrison

Kailua, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

I hope James Garner is recovering from his stroke. We really miss him. He is a great actor and I've seen everything he ever made. I will watch a movie strictly on the fact that he is in it, because I know his performance will always be brilliant. I'm still watching "Maverick" and "Rockford Files" reruns!
I always see the same names come up in the credits of his shows and movies and its obvious that he has incredible loyalty to the people who work with him.
I was just watching "The Thrill of it All" with James Garner and Doris Day; very funny. He is a great comic actor as well as dramatic. Love "The Americanization of Emily". I watch it every time it comes on.
Hope he gets well soon!

Dallas, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

To everyone who is concerned about Jim's health! He is just fine. He recovered completely from his stroke some time ago. There were no permanent aftereffects at all.
His real problem is arthritis after all the injuries he has had during his life - football, Korea, Rockford Files... If you have arthritis, you know how that can slow you down!
For all of you who love Jim Garner his daughter, Gigi, has a tribute blog for him at http://mavrock1.tumblr.com/
Facebook Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Official-J...
Garnerphiles Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/3298159870672...
Ahem.. My own blog: http://garnerphile.blogspot.com/
Enjoy!
susie

Manchester Township, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2014

James Garner has always very simply been a class act. As I read more about his life, I am astounded by everything he has been through and yet he still conducts his life with dignity and style. Bravo, James, Bravo. He probably has no Iidea how loved and admired he is.
sicilian1

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 20

I've always been an admirer of Mr. Gardner. As a child I remember wanting him to be my father. His tv personalities were often of a calm, cool and collected type, much like my grandfather, whom I adored. Sorry he is gone.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent James Garner Discussions

Search the James Garner Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Vaughn to play Jim Rockford? (Apr '12) Jul 21 Latenighter 6
So glad he died Jul 20 Fan of James Garner 2
ames Grner Jul 14 Mary Lynn 1
Coming to DVD: The New Maverick (Jun '08) Aug '13 ian lewinsky 2
On DVD: 'Rockford Files' finds right clue (Jan '08) Jul '13 Jimmy Blue 8
who should star in a longarm movie (Mar '12) Jun '13 longarm movie 4
Who was TV's greatest detective? (Jul '11) Jun '13 Zac Hanson 4
•••
•••