Panetta Institute series to feature A...

Panetta Institute series to feature Al Gore, Jeb Bush

There are 11 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from Feb 8, 2010, titled Panetta Institute series to feature Al Gore, Jeb Bush. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

Al Gore, Jeb Bush and James Carville will be among the star attractions at this year's Panetta Institute Lecture Series.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

verna

Boca Raton, FL

#2 Feb 8, 2010
SO Al Gore what about the weather in Washington? Did you take all the Hot air with you when you left Washington ? hah what?? Your a farse!!!
Freedom

Salinas, CA

#3 Feb 8, 2010
OH GORE..is snowed in somewhere near his home in TN. Such losers the Pannettas are here in Monterey area
Dharmagirl

San Jose, CA

#4 Feb 9, 2010
Whether you agree or disagree with the speakers' views, what a grand thing the institute is for open debate and discourse. This is what a democracy needs in order to thrive. God bless America. And the Panettas.
Larry Michael Agan

Byron, GA

#5 Feb 9, 2010
This "Speech", "Series", "Talk" or whatever jaw-flapping flatulence you care to call it, is so full meaningless CRAP. How can Al Gore speak on any other economy but his own. He got the billion-dollar "booby prize" by making Boobs of us. America the land of opportunity.So he is still milking the cash cow, getting paid to speak, filmed and replayed in classrooms as a "scientist" or some other "informed person" of importance to be quoted in Americas classrooms? WITHOUT A SINGLE DEBATE? What IS his current title?

Okay, you are the most clever heir of a fossil fuel,(Oxidental OIL) to play both sides of the fence, build bigger fences, and hide behind it counting cash on all sides without proving a damn thing except lies can still pay off for the most persistent priveledged few. Gotta quit, or I will get a "FEVER".
Larry Michael Agan

Byron, GA

#6 Feb 9, 2010
I must repeat, IF THERE IS A FILM OF AL GORE ACTUALLY DEBATING ANYONE WITH A REAL DEGREE IN A FUNCTIONAL SCIENCE, let me see it. PRETTY PLEASE?

YES, God bless America...I do believe we all have to look Jesus in the face, at least once. On that note, I must ask for His help in checking myself.

One year in Washington and our President hasn't found a church he likes...who or what is teaching his kids? well worry about nothing, pray about everything. THEN ACT ON IT!!!
david jacobs

Cupertino, CA

#7 Feb 9, 2010
can't wait to picket al gore, for the fraud that he is, pushing the global warming hoax. to line his pockets, follow the money. cap and trade, will destroy our country! the marxists are trying to gain control of america. pay attention americans! we could lose our way of life. america is still the greatest country in the world. god bless america.
Bob Loblaw

United States

#8 Feb 9, 2010
I wonder if they will provide barf bags?
Ignoranceisbliss

San Luis Obispo, CA

#9 Feb 9, 2010
dharmagirl,

I agree that the Institute being there providing opportunities for DEBATE and DISCOURSE is a great thing, however, I find it very interesting that the only event scheduled that doesn't include DEBATE and DISCOURSE is Gore's. Coincidence, I think not!
Dharmagirl

San Jose, CA

#10 Feb 9, 2010
Larry Michael Agan wrote:
This "Speech", "Series", "Talk" or whatever jaw-flapping flatulence you care to call it, is so full meaningless CRAP. How can Al Gore speak on any other economy but his own. He got the billion-dollar "booby prize" by making Boobs of us. America the land of opportunity.So he is still milking the cash cow, getting paid to speak, filmed and replayed in classrooms as a "scientist" or some other "informed person" of importance to be quoted in Americas classrooms? WITHOUT A SINGLE DEBATE? What IS his current title?
Okay, you are the most clever heir of a fossil fuel,(Oxidental OIL) to play both sides of the fence, build bigger fences, and hide behind it counting cash on all sides without proving a damn thing except lies can still pay off for the most persistent priveledged few. Gotta quit, or I will get a "FEVER".
Larry, the world wide scientific community has gone through this chapter and verse. We are long since passed the time when we should pretend this is a Ďon the one hand, on the other handí issue. Itís not a matter of theory or conjecture. The only debate should be on the methods to help solve the crisis. As to your point about being an oil heir, there have men and women throughout history who have come from great fortunes and managed to make their own lives and live up to their own moral code. His family's source of wealth does not 'stain' him for heaven's sake.
Dharmagirl

San Jose, CA

#11 Feb 9, 2010
Ignoranceisbliss wrote:
dharmagirl,
I agree that the Institute being there providing opportunities for DEBATE and DISCOURSE is a great thing, however, I find it very interesting that the only event scheduled that doesn't include DEBATE and DISCOURSE is Gore's. Coincidence, I think not!
Gore does need to debate whether or not there is a climate crisis. Yes, it could be a naturally occurring climate cycle, but the pollutants we put in the air exacerbate the situation. Gore and the scientific community have been ringing the alarm for decades now; time for debate is OVER. He's speaking to educate and call us to action. I don't think a debate would be helpful to people who already believe the whole thing is a hoax -- I think you're past rational thought.
Reality Check

Brentwood, TN

#12 Feb 10, 2010
Anyone who believes global warming...errrrr....climate change is caused by man has no grasp on reality. And no common sense. Al Gore is a blubbering buffoon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

James Carville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Carville: Hillary haters 'inhumane' (Jan '13) Jan '13 Ninthman 19
News Carville, Matalin agree on new home in Bay St. ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Anonymous 3
I Know How to Win the Presidential Election (Jul '12) Jul '12 Terry S 1
News James Carville: Cain Staffer 'Was Drunk or Ston... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Nation of Imbeciles 5
News Democratic strategists tell Obama: 'reset and s... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Mr_Bill 17
News Charles Krauthammer: People have rejected liber... (Aug '10) Aug '10 lkjnvosdnou 1
News Former Clinton adviser James Carville leads Ark... (Jul '10) Jul '10 taxpayer2 2
More from around the web