What's The Point?

Full story: Hartford Courant

James Carville, an unpaid adviser to Hillary Clinton , is author of one of the most famous stereotypes about Pennsylvania and its small-town, largely white working class.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 27 of27
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
for goodness sake

Edison, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Apr 19, 2008
 
Actually, it's the Hartford Courant editorial board that has trouble connecting to people here. Let's recall that this is the same crowd that endorsed George Bush- not once, but twice- the man who will go down in history as the worst president in American history. And conveniently left out of Courant's pompous analysis is the Republican elitist George HW Bush, who famously received less than 40% of the vote in his re-election bid. Come to think about it, gentlemen, just how do you manage to leave out George W. Bush from the elitist group? Let's see, he graduated from Choate, Yale, and Harvard Business School, was oh-so-gently eased into a non-combat unit in Texas, then graciously let out of his military commitment so he could attend Hahvahd. But Courant's editors don't think him elitist?

Perhaps in Courant's opinion, an elitist isn't someone defined by background, but by synapse count. So George W. couldn't be an elitist regardless of daddy's money and his privileged education because he's so gosh darn dumb. Of course, Ronald Reagan couldn't be an elitist, in spite of his millions, because he was so ignorant. Since when did politicians with brains become personas non grata because they could think?

Hartford Courant, perhaps you could take another look at John Kerry and get your facts straight. That "elitist" attended a private school on scholarship, because his dad was a middling official in the state department. He made it into and through Yale based on his own hard work and brains. And John Kerry, whom you call an elitist, volunteered for the military when most real elitists were avoiding it (think Chris Shays, Joe Lieberman, Dick Cheney), volunteered for combat when he didn't have to, got himself wounded three times and a slew of medals. How in the world is he an elitist in your opinion?

Honestly, the Hartford Courant's right-wing editorial crowd is an embarrassment to the paper, and nothing more than an irritant to its readers. You need to hire some different people, perhaps some with the synapses to actually write something intelligent and connect with the people of this state.

Really!
right-wing

Wheaton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Apr 19, 2008
 
The Courant editorial board right-wing???

Kids, this is a reason to not begin smoking crack.
for goodness sake wrote:
Actually, it's the Hartford Courant editorial board that has trouble connecting to people here. Let's recall that this is the same crowd that endorsed George Bush- not once, but twice- the man who will go down in history as the worst president in American history. And conveniently left out of Courant's pompous analysis is the Republican elitist George HW Bush, who famously received less than 40% of the vote in his re-election bid. Come to think about it, gentlemen, just how do you manage to leave out George W. Bush from the elitist group? Let's see, he graduated from Choate, Yale, and Harvard Business School, was oh-so-gently eased into a non-combat unit in Texas, then graciously let out of his military commitment so he could attend Hahvahd. But Courant's editors don't think him elitist?
Perhaps in Courant's opinion, an elitist isn't someone defined by background, but by synapse count. So George W. couldn't be an elitist regardless of daddy's money and his privileged education because he's so gosh darn dumb. Of course, Ronald Reagan couldn't be an elitist, in spite of his millions, because he was so ignorant. Since when did politicians with brains become personas non grata because they could think?
Hartford Courant, perhaps you could take another look at John Kerry and get your facts straight. That "elitist" attended a private school on scholarship, because his dad was a middling official in the state department. He made it into and through Yale based on his own hard work and brains. And John Kerry, whom you call an elitist, volunteered for the military when most real elitists were avoiding it (think Chris Shays, Joe Lieberman, Dick Cheney), volunteered for combat when he didn't have to, got himself wounded three times and a slew of medals. How in the world is he an elitist in your opinion?
Honestly, the Hartford Courant's right-wing editorial crowd is an embarrassment to the paper, and nothing more than an irritant to its readers. You need to hire some different people, perhaps some with the synapses to actually write something intelligent and connect with the people of this state.
Really!
JBC

Greenfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Apr 19, 2008
 
right-wing wrote:
The Courant editorial board right-wing???
Kids, this is a reason to not begin smoking crack.
<quoted text>
he didn't really say that ... did he?
Jim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Apr 20, 2008
 
david wrote:
its not about being from the elite, its about being ELITIST.
if you think that the average american is a dope then you are an elitist. FDR didn't think that the average american is a dope. obama does. that's the difference.
Wikipedia says, "Elite (also spelled Élite) is taken originally from the Latin, eligere, "to elect". In sociology as in general usage, the élite is a relatively small dominant group within a large society, which enjoys a privileged status envied by individuals of lower social status.

The position of an elite at the top of the social strata almost invariably puts it in a position of leadership and often subjects the holders of elite status to pressure to maintain their position as part of the elite. However, in spite of the pressures, the existence of the elite social stratum is usually unchanged."

The Bushes are elites. The Clinton's are wannabe elites.

Obama's comments require an honest introspection most human beings cannot handle emotionally.

Oversimplification is a tactic of elites to keep the masses from realizing how powerless we are.
BEAN

Longboat Key, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Apr 20, 2008
 
It was not the content of that debate,but more how someone handles them selves.The quality's of a President must be to keep his cool,and demeanor.Facial expressions,body language ,and to be able to project a quality of leadership,are most important.
Whining is wimpish,attacking is winning! Obama better get tough.

Without the TelePrompTer,speeches written for you,and rehearsed responses,how you respond is most important to tough questions.

Hillory still has those old quality's of going for the throat,Obama,does not.

Great Presidents have to deal with very tough people,JFK,Missile crises,,Nixon,China,Reagan,Gor bachev. Often its not the issues in the end ,but posture,backbone,projection,an d the quality to overcome all adversity.

Obamas new clothes need fixing.This fall he will be assaulted by the Republications.Democrats, in fact have a record of snatching defeat from the Jaws of Victory. Dukakas,Kerry,and Gore to name a few.

Were I a democrat,I would be worried right now.Clinton is using tactics the Republicans will use,and she is tearing him down.

Meanwhile that Old warrior,the "Right Stuff',is watching,listening,and is forming his attack plan against Obama.

The feelings now is he can do it!

“I refuse to drink the koolaid!”

Since: Mar 08

Not your business

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Apr 20, 2008
 
No More Lies wrote:
So top Clinton adviser Carville said,
"It's Pittsburgh in the west, Philadelphia in the east and Alabama in between."
Bill Clinton said,
"economically insecure white people who are scared to death."
And Hillary, the famous Bosnian fabricator accuses Barack Obama of being "elitist"???
Give us a break ABC and the Clinton Gang. Try looking in a mirror.
First of all neither of those quotes come close to being elitist like the words of BO. Second, Hillary didn't say either one of them. So your point is?

“I refuse to drink the koolaid!”

Since: Mar 08

Not your business

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Apr 20, 2008
 
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's comments require an honest introspection most human beings cannot handle emotionally.
Oversimplification is a tactic of elites to keep the masses from realizing how powerless we are.
It cracks me up when BO supporters try to explain his elitist comments as not being elitist at all but becuase most Americans who feel they are elitist are just stupid. Please don't partronize us. The average American is way to smart for you and BO.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 27 of27
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent James Carville Discussions

Search the James Carville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Carville: Hillary haters 'inhumane' (Jan '13) Jan '13 Ninthman 19
Carville, Matalin agree on new home in Bay St. ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Anonymous 3
I Know How to Win the Presidential Election (Jul '12) Jul '12 Terry S 1
James Carville: Cain Staffer 'Was Drunk or Ston... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Nation of Imbeciles 5
Democratic strategists tell Obama: 'reset and s... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Mr_Bill 17
Charles Krauthammer: People have rejected liber... (Aug '10) Aug '10 lkjnvosdnou 1
Former Clinton adviser James Carville leads Ark... (Jul '10) Jul '10 taxpayer2 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••