Toyota, Barbour, state agencies face discrimination suit

Apr 12, 2009 Full story: WLBT-TV Jackson

A company hired to help construct the Toyota manufacturing plant near Tupelo is filing a lawsuit.

Full Story
Michelle

Washington, DC

#1 Apr 17, 2009
"No African-American companies were allowed to bid on this job because it was a closed bid, a private bid, to the job. You had to be invited," she says.

Whatever. I am so sick of hearing about lawsuits like this. What the hell is an "African-American Company" anyway? Do you have to register somewhere as an African American Company? Or is it enough to simply have a black person in charge? How do I know if I'm hiring an African American company? Is there a box somewhere that you check when you make a bid?
When are we going to stop with the stupid African-American crap anyway. Wouldn't an African-American really be someone who was born in African and moved to America. If I was born in Africa and then moved to America and obtained citizenship, what would I be? I'm white. I'm American. But I was born in African. Does that make me African American...and if so, where can I sign up for my scholarship?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacqueline Williams Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shelter open earlier tonight, this week (Dec '10) Dec '10 hahahaha 1
The Power Of A Penny (May '06) Oct '06 iSAID 2
Michigan Power Company Turns Woman's Power Off ... (May '06) May '06 MRS 7
A penny saved is a penny too many for one power... (May '06) May '06 aliastom 1
Jacqueline Williams (May '06) May '06 jobob 1
More from around the web