Kevorkian: Assisted suicide 'discusse...

Kevorkian: Assisted suicide 'discussed to death'

There are 6 comments on the Public Opinion story from Apr 22, 2010, titled Kevorkian: Assisted suicide 'discussed to death'. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

In this April 14, 2010 file photo, Actor Al Pacino, left, and Dr. Jack Kevorkian attend the premiere of 'You Don't Know Jack: The Life and Deaths of Jack Kevorkian' at the Ziegfeld Theatre in New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

dannyter

Huntersville, NC

#1 Apr 22, 2010
Truthfully, I don't think Dr. Kevorkian was that far off. I do not believe it is the same as a suicide except for planning when. I have put several animals to sleep through my 50 some years and feel it is the most humane thing to do - they meant alot to me, so why would I want them to lay there and suffer till their last breath - that seems way cruel. They were given a sleeping pill then Euthanasia. I guess the drs. patients didn't always die quickly which I didn't get - the animals do. There are people that are out there that have terminal illnesses and are suffering terribly, and I doubt seriously I'd want to put my family through that, nor would I want to go through a bunch of painful treatments either. To me it's ridiculous - we go to war and shoot people but we can't do a humane thing like that. The insurance companies are so funny about making sure there is no suicide involved - why? The person will die most likely anyway if they are that bad - why make matters worse. Seriously, I may not fully get it, but this is how I see it from what I understand...
Ms X

Reedsville, PA

#2 Apr 22, 2010
The right to die should be a fundamental freedom of each person.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#3 Apr 22, 2010
I know my DVR is set to record - HBO produces such great films like these.

I hope everyone has a chance to catch "The Pacific" as well.
Hard to tell

Landisburg, PA

#4 Apr 22, 2010
Ms X wrote:
The right to die should be a fundamental freedom of each person.
Are you for real? Many of you are not Christians are you? Why our society is the way it is.
George

Columbus, OH

#5 Apr 22, 2010
Hard to tell wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you for real? Many of you are not Christians are you? Why our society is the way it is.
Yeah. Yeah. The bible says that only God can give or take away life. And the catholic church says their priests shouldn't molest little boys. If I'm in the kind of shape where I would be considering that, I'll take responsibility for the decision.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#6 Apr 22, 2010
Hard to tell wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I suppose this debate is why the PO linked this story from the AP wire...

My question is, regardless of how the Christian church feels about the issue, why should that deny an individual the ability to decide for themselves how and when they die?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jack Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cheeky 'You Don't Know Jack' trivia game is back (Jan '13) Jan '13 Joe6Pack 1
News Fieger Mulls Mayoral Run, Says Detroit Needs Wh... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Kingfish 5
News Assisted suicide advocate Kevorkian dies at age 83 (Jun '11) Jan '12 Will Dockery 2
News Jack Kevorkian | 1928-2011: Assisted-suicide ad... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Mark 22
News Dr. Jack Kevorkian Dies (Jun '11) Jun '11 Carbide 11
News Assisted suicide advocate Kevorkian dies at age... (Jun '11) Jun '11 power 5
News Assisted suicide advocate Kevorkian dies at age 83 (Jun '11) Jun '11 JimJonesKoolAidDi... 1
More from around the web