Chris murphy is a jerk, I'd like to p...

Chris murphy is a jerk, I'd like to punch him.

Posted in the Inxs Forum

Ollie

Sydney, Australia

#1 Mar 3, 2009
Fancy that jerk stepping in as business manager and claiming JD fortune was just a 'contract'. Sure he was, but then to keep the guy on their website for over a year and make no indications to the public whatsoever that INXS are mere contract hirers and keep this poor guy's dream alive is beyond cruel.
Whatsmore, their tour with JD was a smash hit. They had spunk again and their original tour (read: contract) was almost doubled in length due to the chamrn created by this union.
Murphy also claims that the INXS boys are the nicest guys who wouldn't hurt a fly. Also true, but with a twist. These guys are 'nice guys' in a close-minded homogenised Aussie kind of way. That is, they work together in their little 'click' completely isolating their lead singer from their inside info and opinions (that now all of a sudden include Murphy again of course). Then politely dump him with barely a word. Their attitude and disrespect to a guy that showed so much passion is exactly why this bunch of homegrown bums will never make it overseas again. See you back in Aussie pubs boys.
Sad sad sad.
JD if you ever read this am I spot on or what?
Ollie
Jay

Doolandella, Australia

#2 Mar 8, 2009
Well ollie seems to be the authority on this. Obviously Murphy wouldn't put out for you, where as Jd was only too happy to open his fly and let you do a 4inch line.Jd is no prodigy.Chris and the boys could build another thousand of him. Yeah mate why don't you vent your personal anger? Follow the Oz way and throw the jealious boot in when you see a chance. It is great to hear Ollie will be catching the band next time the boys tour home. I would enjoy nothing more than punching him. The INXS team has been a true international flag waver of this country in the past and years to come. So Ollie/jd get off the stage and let the men do there stuff.
bennie

Stoneham, MA

#3 Mar 9, 2009
You tell it like it is Jay. Easy to blame the band and those in management but If this was going to work out it would have. It didn't and it happens all the time in bands in rock, pop, country etc. Fartune is nothing special. Pretty good voice overshadowed by ego and sympathy searching.
Jon Farris and his wife had their first child a few months ago. Wonder if he picked up the phone to congratulate them? Kirk got engaged. Did he call and congratulate them? It wasn't their place to call him. I guess he only had enough money for that marajuana he uses and not a cellphone. A complete loser.
scottie

Stoneham, MA

#4 Mar 20, 2009
ollie you are filled with hate towards the band members. many things happen in bands that sometimes lead to them breaking up. it happened in a lot of bands in the past. the beatles broke up. van halen. it might not be one certain thing but a couple of things that just made more sense to part ways. even elvis had his problems with colonel parker. chris murphy is the same as he always has been it seems at least after reading the book story 2 story. no surpises he is tough and does what he thinks is right for the band sometimes they don't know about it until later. your ocmments about jd being poor jd and the band should have kept his dream alive are beyond ridiculous. do all other bands do this for their singer keep HIS dreams alive. the band is made up of more than the singer. they have their hopes dreams and talents. you said they had spunk again did you like them only because jd was their singer or if it was someone else who won the competition show would you still feel the same? are you a friend of jd's? i hope if the band does any tour with or without a new lead singer that you don't go. you would do them and all of us a huge favor.
where is your outrage of him being homeless? why haven't you blasted with your hatred dave gunning who jd said repeatedly is his best friend. where is gunning and why isn't jd staying with him? where is his family and why isn't he staying with them? why aren't they keeping this poor guys dreams alive? to use your words they are beyond cruel. didn't he say he paid for his mothers house? why isn't he staying with her? his sister was on the tv show rsinxs to visit him it was all so touching with all the tears. why isn't he staying with her? oh i guess that doesn't seem cruel to you. sad sad sad
trav

Gaythorne, Australia

#5 Apr 26, 2009
inxs are professional and passionate, and obviously jd is a fucktard, as seen by him slagging the 5 guys who gave him a shot at a great career. Ollie, your a jealous flogg
Albois W

Tascott, Australia

#6 May 22, 2009
Chris Murphy is NOT a jerk - but a talented man , J.D is the Jerk, he is a(cocain addict)after all and STUFFED his own career...
The remaining 5 guys have an "image" to protect and to this day still remain one of the best live acts i have ever seen .
12 years after the great Michael , these guys still rock the house no matter who is fronting them ...Talented Musicians the lot of them
roadtooz

Stoneham, MA

#7 May 25, 2009
Love the last two comments jd is nothing and inxs will always be the talent and the best australian band
Michael

Coromandel Valley, Australia

#8 May 26, 2009
Chris has been an extremely successful manager for INXS reponsible for pathing the way for INXS to share the biggest band in the world title with GNR & U2 87 -91 and reponsible for their huge success overseas, particuarly in the US. It's no secret that Chris Murphy carries a big thumping stick in the Australian music industry and for this he is often disliked. Having said that aspiring band managers respect Chris because Chris has shown them how to be successful, a pioneer so to speak.

I liked JD very much and it was a shame to see him take the course he did. It would be good if he could sort himself out and he and INXS could reconcile. Not looking good though.

On INXS: Give INXS a break out there. Why do we always have to be trying our hardest to knock down our many heroes in Australia. Build them up and knock them down , some form of entertainment. One thing I really like about the USA is that the genrally treat their heroes well. Australia is not as bad as the UK but we are closing the gap. What a shame.
Ceiling Cat

Sydney, Australia

#9 Aug 23, 2009
Ollie , you obviously have never met him.
john

Stoneham, MA

#10 Aug 23, 2009

In his own words on video jd clears up any confusion stating it was managements fault!! Hard to believe the band picked him as the winner of that competition. Most irresponsible decision they probably ever made. He's no winner. Big Loser.
carly

Middle Haddam, CT

#11 Aug 25, 2009
Ollie, What a completely irresponsible and hateful thing to say about the members of Inxs being homegrown bums!
In the same paragraph you had nice things to say about the members when it involved them being with JD.(They had spunk again) You like them enough if jd is with them and then they are good and successful but your venom towards them in this same paragraph is uncalled for towards them in any aspect. I think you need a reality check as you are the one being beyond cruel.
joe

Riverstown, Ireland

#12 Sep 2, 2009
Well Ollie,
It seems to me you became an INXS fan during "Rock Star INXS",and obviously know nothing about the history of the band.JD was no Hutchence either in looks or performance, a poor imitation if you like.
john

Stoneham, MA

#13 Sep 2, 2009
Hi. Just hear to say to joe - you tell it like it is. Your comments are intelligent and right to the point. I admire you.
Brad

Stoneham, MA

#14 Sep 12, 2009
Ollie why are you contracicting yourself?
In your first sentence you say that Chris M claims that Fortune was just a contract. Then next sentence YOU say sure he was!! Also Chris M. wouldn't be able to step in as a business manager UNLESS someone hired him for the position so try to get that through your pea brain that he just stepped in w/o being hired. Calling him a jerk really shines a light on YOU as to what you are like. Then you go on to say incredulously that Murphy says the inxs guys are the nicest guys. Gee, wasn't that a horrible thing to say. Again, did you hear this from Chris M personally and if you did what is wrong with it. Oh Yah - You don't like them so how can they be nice guys?? And WTF is a closed mindied homogenized aussie kind of way? Something you seem to know and probably practise on a daily basis!! You sound like a little scorned schoolboy w/your comment about them having a "click." You state information like you know first hand what and what not the band said to Fortune. What is your problem with Chris M being included and with the band again. I think if they got Chris again and Fortune was still w/them you would be praising and kissing his ass! One more thing and try to pay attention you said JDif you ever read this am I spot on. You complete and utter fool. Shortly after this broke Fortune came out and said that is not the way it happened. so you were not spot on but you were totally made a fool of by Fortune and that is pathetic and embarassing.
To the members of Inxs you are fantastic and have millions of fans worldwide. Good on ya and Rock On.
sandy

Stoneham, MA

#15 Nov 10, 2009
INXS (with JD Fortune)
Shawn's take: "The best they can do is some Vegas wannabe Lizard King named JD Fortune?...A shameless disrespect to Michael Hutchence's memory."
My take: Agreed. They should have gone after Jimmy Barnes, who was brilliant with them on Good Times from The Lost Boys soundtrack
paul

Stoneham, MA

#16 Dec 14, 2009
FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT FELL FOR THIS CON JOB FROM INXS JD AND C MURPHY WELL THEN YOU WERE HAD. SUPPOSEDELY THEY BELEIVE NO ONE CAN FIGURE OUT OR HAS A CLUE ABOUT THIS BIG SURPRISE SINGER FOR THE TOUR IN 2010. I GUESS WE ARE ALL MORONS. THEY END THE LAST TOUR AND THEN JD CRIES ABOUT BEING DUMPED/DROPPED THEN C MURPHY TAKES HEAT FOR IT AND THEN SHORT TIME LATER JD'S OLD WEB SITES GONE. JD NEVER GOES ON THAT BIG PROMOTED TOUR FOR HIS SOLO ALBUM??? GARRY BEERS AND JD PHOTO SHOWS UP FROM THIS HALLOWEEN TOGETHER. KIRK SAYS WE HAVE A BIG SURPRISE FOR FRONTMAN IT'S A BIG SURPRISE CAN'T TELL YET. JD'S MYSPACE HE SAYS STAY TUNE STAY TUNE FOR SOMETHING EXCITING. STILL THEY THINK WE(PUBLIC) JUST CAN'T GUESS. THIS IS SO TRANSPARENT NOW THAT INX W/B CANADA 2010 OLYMPS. RIGHT WHERE JD LIVED. GEE THIS IS A HARD TOUGH ONE TO FIGURE OUT. YOU'D THINK IF THEY WERE GONNA STILL GO W/TV COMPETITION PEOPLE THEY GIVE ANOTHER ONE A CHANCE. SAME MICHAEL IMPOSTER WITH SAME BAND SINGING SAME SONGS. BLAH & YAWN. THEY GOT THE PUBLICITY W/JD'S TV ANTICS AND COURSE THE DAMAGE CONTROL W/KIRK ON HIS REALITY COOK SHOW ETC. THIS IS PATHETIC. THEY ALREADY CRAPPED ON MICHAEL'S SONGS WITH ELVIS BOY BEFORE AND NOW WILL THEY DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT? NOPE SAME OLD GARBAGE FROM GARBAGE FORTUNE.
Birdzilla

Yreka, CA

#18 Mar 7, 2013
I see where this braindead monkey is demanding NASCAR drop the NRA as a sponsor I have a better idea why dont NASCAR instead tell MURPHY to BUTT OUT and keep his fat little donkey snout out of things that are not his concern

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Inxs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Johnny Depp Denies He'll Play Pal Michael Hutch... (Jun '06) Mar '16 Gary Beers 3
News Michael Hutchence's Legacy Remembered: Revisit ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 INXS Rules 1
News INXS Bassist Alleges Neighbor Assaulted Him ove... (Feb '16) Feb '16 INXS Rules 1
News Let me see Tiger Lily, Michael Hutchence's moth... (Jun '09) Nov '14 EmeraldEyes05 3
News INXS's new singer shows talent, but he's no Hut... (Mar '06) Oct '14 OrgnlINXSlvr 169
News Queen Australian tour announced with best Fredd... (May '14) Jul '14 AUSSIEQUEENS 3
News Revealed: How Paula Yates had a mission to ensn... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Tubular 1