Gang expert blames violence on mass m...

Gang expert blames violence on mass media

There are 146 comments on the Deseret News story from Mar 30, 2007, titled Gang expert blames violence on mass media. In it, Deseret News reports that:

Between seventh and 12th grade, the average student attends 11,000 hours of classes, but they listen to 12,000 hours of music, said Danny Holland. via Deseret News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Deseret News.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Juggalette_Babyg irl

Belleville, IL

#1 Apr 2, 2007
Ya know what I want to know, how many crimes were committed in Utah, not by Juggalos. How many people liked Tupac or Rage Against the Machine or Snoop Dogg. All of these groups talk about the same things that ICP talk about, yet they aren't labeled when they commit a crime. A large percentage of the people who listen to Snoop or Tupac or any other rapper have a REAL gang affilitation, but they're not called out on it. How many crimes are committed on a daily basis by members of The Crypts or Bloods or whatever. But you don't see the headline, "Blood" gang member burglarized a school." First of all, the very age of the people committing the crimes should be your first clue. These are teenagers or young adults that are committing these crimes, so why not base it on age and not what type of music they listen to. Just because a few Juggalos commit crimes doesn't mean that the entire fan base is a gang. These are isolated incidents, yes the crimes committed by juggalos are on the rise, but that's the individual's stupidity, so why blame it on an entire group.
South_Side_Jugga lo

Missoula, MT

#2 Apr 26, 2007
I think and speak for all us juggalo's andjuggaluttes that what ever those other juggalo's did they should suffer their own problems and just leave the music out of it we juggalo's are not a gang at all why are we groups because they music ressembles us in a way and we can relate to that in many ways this is a thing well actually more than a thing now but this is some thing for us people who are really different for instance people call us weird or different but other than that it just tells me that, I'm not like any body else so basically its like a way of saying your awesome but other than that just leave our music out of it and punish the ones who commited the crime oh yeah>>> JUGGALO'S 4 LIFE!!!!!!
Angelic Destiny

Denver, CO

#3 May 7, 2007
I agree strongly with these comments.. just because there are a few rotten apples does that have to ruin it for the rest of us what happened to freedom?????? what's next chosen what we listen to??? I dont think so..... Much luv fellow juggalo's
Rachel

Durant, OK

#4 May 7, 2007
I agree to with these comments... They shouldn't dis us because there are a few that are like that... WE DO HAVE FREEDOMS ya know... Just like everyone else in this f***** up world...
monster

American Fork, UT

#5 May 10, 2007
in all honesty juggalos in utah are violent. i know cus i am one. there are alot of juggalos who are pretty chill but in salt lake county their the most dangerous sort of people. but along with being the most dangerous were also the most hated. so were dangerous to survive not to be a bunch of jerks. and the police dont understand that. just the other day some body got away with throughin a cinder block at me car slashing my tires messed up my shoulder by throughin a rock at it but the police didnt care just cus i have a 13 inch hatchet man on my back window. so if the cops wont help us out then we will help our selves out.
JoKeR4life

Edmond, OK

#6 May 22, 2007
The family is not to blame for those who took the messege and warped it just the other day i had a shop owner tell me the when juggalos come in her shop their repsectful and courdious and that she would take a juggalo over any other fan base so back off of this family . we do what we do for our survival. here in oklahoma juggalos are under attack there's a group of anti-juggalos going around jumping my brothers and sisters and cop condon what thier doing . and even at times they help we juggalos catch more shit then any body else but it cool cause their all jelous of our unity and the family. peace love faygo,
My juggalo family
JoKeR
sExY jUgGeLeTtE cLoWn

Cottontown, TN

#7 May 23, 2007
man people need to quit blamin icp for every thing
TRiKKi LIL JUGGaLO 1317

Glendale, CA

#8 May 26, 2007
I fell ya homiez the bullshit statements mad against our family is unjustified..
so the best thing we Can do back Is
very calmly ask them to suck our Ballz/Neddenz.... n EAT fun fun thingz.
Wow

Rapid City, SD

#9 May 29, 2007
In Rapid City, SD we had a minigathering/food drive to help the cause and bring family together. We are really chill and the # of violent crime is very low. It seems that if you are in Denver or SLC you are a violent cult but if you are in SD or MN your a joke. It sucks cuz the only place we can get respect is at a gathering or in Detroit.
j dizzy

Portland, OR

#10 May 31, 2007
Juggalos are a gang and i personally hate them! Its just like all the people with no friends that dress like dirt bags got together and said they were a family there are many taggings and crimes taking place in tooele utah becuase of dumbass juggalos. So in response another gang formed called jk (juggalo killers) God bless jk!! jk 4 LiFE
swifty da juggalo

Seattle, WA

#14 Jun 18, 2007
wanna die j dizzy?

“Wahhh Wahhh Wahhhh”

Since: Feb 07

Lawton, OK

#15 Jun 18, 2007
People actually refer to themselves and "Juggalo" and "Juggalette" wow
Crimson

Salt Lake City, UT

#17 Jun 25, 2007
monster wrote:
in all honesty juggalos in utah are violent. i know cus i am one. there are alot of juggalos who are pretty chill but in salt lake county their the most dangerous sort of people. but along with being the most dangerous were also the most hated. so were dangerous to survive not to be a bunch of jerks. and the police dont understand that. just the other day some body got away with throughin a cinder block at me car slashing my tires messed up my shoulder by throughin a rock at it but the police didnt care just cus i have a 13 inch hatchet man on my back window. so if the cops wont help us out then we will help our selves out.
And helping yourself out means going and beating the shit out of people... Nice.
Juggalugalocoro

Poughkeepsie, NY

#19 Sep 17, 2007
yo i might be one crazy clown but i just want to be left alone wit my ninjas, i dont want us los and lettes to be calld a gang, some people need to no alot of juggalos and lettes have alot of probs at home and shyt and so on and we realate to them, iv ben made fun of sens day one and when i listen to there music im just like in my own world feeling exepted and w/e and i agree wit the rest of these comments, all i no is i dont want to be botherd like in school wit the 5 0, cause im representen icp and juggalos cause there known as gangs it sucks!, me and my lo's and lette's just want to be left alone wit this shit iight JUST LEAVE US LO'S AND LETTE'S ALONE THAT ARENT DOING ANYTHING!!!!!
Juggalugalocoro

Poughkeepsie, NY

#20 Sep 17, 2007
one more thing the thing j dizzy sed, that ant cool im ganna be cool rite now but thats one reason people are getting hurt by juggalos cause they say shyt about juggalos and lettes nd that famliy to all of us
girl

Hialeah, FL

#21 Sep 17, 2007
okkk. so are juggalos good or bad people ?? i have a person who i know is one of those people nd hes such an awesome guyy. but then i dont likee the whole clown thing. i know he does drugs nd stuff but idkk.
wat is a juggalo

United States

#23 Sep 18, 2007
i am a fellow juggalo
from arkansas
and just here to ask youll to leave us alone
why the #### dont youll pick on someone else at least once a week i hear someone get jumped because they say juggalos is a gang and then everyone gets in it and it aint nothing but a bunch of bull****
Franco

Gaithersburg, MD

#24 Sep 19, 2007
What about all that satanic symbolizm in Rock N Roll. Heavy Metal makes the devil look cool, it's just like being a "killer" is cool these days. What about mafia movies. Or indians being killed by cowboys in the old western movies. The reason there is so much interest is because white kids are not only listening to black music but imitating their culture.The media only reports the negative side of Hip hop. Imagine if they were to promote the positive. Cowboys killed Indians for land. People in the hood kill eachother for land or territory. Imagine living with thousands of people who are poor and have no hope there only esacpe is music or athletics.
The_Man

Kansas City, KS

#25 Oct 5, 2007
You wrote: "These are isolated incidents, yes the crimes committed by juggalos are on the rise, but that's the individual's stupidity, so why blame it on an entire group."

Why?
1. Juggalos commit their crimes in the name of the Juggalos.
2. Just like Gangster Rap, which had it's manifestation the traditional gang culture. Juggalo music promotes violence.
lette born on the 31 st

Las Vegas, NV

#26 Oct 17, 2007
WOW READING THESE COMMENTS MAKE ME GLAD ABOUT HOW MUCH FAMILY THERE IS OUT THERE BUT ANOTHER THING IS REALIZEING HOW MUCH HATERS WE GOT SO KEEP ON HATEING BECAUSE THE JUGGALO LOVE REMAINS THE SAME... NE WAYS SCREW THAT MESS ABOUT US BEING VIOLENT ITS JUST OUR NATURAL WAYS TO JUST NOT GIVE A DAMN AND NE ONE WHO SAYS DIFFERENT COULD FOOK OOF NE WAYS TO THE FAMILY MUCH CLOWM LOVE
THE LETEE BORN ON THE 31ST

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Insane Clown Posse Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 'Insane' Clown ... Last Post Wins A Posse Jun 22 _FLATLINE-------- 1
Faygo in Phoenix Mar '17 GCU 1
suicide hotline call. song playing while many i... Jan '17 Savere101 1
help me find a song (Jan '12) Dec '16 Dsmith 5
News Fans or gang? Meet the Juggalos (Aug '08) Sep '16 KottonMouthKing4Life 912
News Woman's finger severed, man charged with mayhem (Sep '16) Sep '16 Kev from Michigan 1
News Comcast-TWC merger worries, outrages consumers (Feb '14) Jul '16 DNH 54
More from around the web