What is a Juggalo? Please give your o...

What is a Juggalo? Please give your opinion/experience.

Posted in the Insane Clown Posse Forum

Randy

Springfield, OR

#1 Feb 12, 2012
This is a call to all the Juggalos who see this post: I want to know what your definition of a Juggalo is, and what it is that makes a Juggalo a true Juggalo. I've been enjoying a lot of ICP music the past few years, and now that I'm writing a college paper on the Juggalo lifestyle, I need help from every Juggalo and Juggalette I can find to tell me what the FAM is all about, in his or her own words. I wanna represent the Psychopathic Family right, so I need to go to the source.

So if you're a Juggalo, tell all about it. Whether you've been down with the Clown since Dog Beats and Basement Cuts, or even if you're new to the FAM, please tell your experience, and what the Psychopathic Family means to ya.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#2 Feb 13, 2012
most of the time you will get varied answers. usually the one common factor is the feeling of being an outcast or not melding with the "Mainstream". these things being true are not is up for a lot of debate. that aside it has been said many times that you don't have to like, listen, or even know who ICP is to be a "true juggalo". by a loose definition a juggalo is a person who is him or herself, no regard for what people think about their looks, likes, dislikes, clothing, financial, or social standing. a juggalo is a person happy in their own skin. they make no efforts to please anyone expect themselves. I'm sure you may get views that don't agree with mine, and that too, is part of being a juggalo. I don't like everyone person that is a juggalo. I don't agree with the folks that shoot off at the mouth and perpetuate the idea that we are all uneducated, loose moral, unemployed high school dropouts who parents didn't love us enough. ive worked long and hard to be where I am today and im proud of who I am and the for the most where ive come from. I apologize for any spelling or punctuation errors but it is very early in the morning.
Randy

Springfield, OR

#3 Feb 13, 2012
That's a great reply, I was thinking the same things as I explored the history of ICP and their albums. There's something really positive at the core of it. I saw an old clip of Bill O'Reilly trying real hard to trick Violent J and Shaggy into making themselves look bad, and I was bummed that most people would get a crappy first impression of these creative guys in ICP. Seems like they always express themselves honestly, and I really respect guys like them who can make a living doing what they love and enjoying it. Plus, I grew up and worked around Oak Park and Detroit, and I still live in the area, and something about J and Shaggy always seemed familiar, like local dudes you could hang out and have some laughs with.

Anyone else have any thoughts? Stories? When did you discover ICP or your favorite Psychopathic artist?

Location hidden

#4 Feb 14, 2012
i think, unfortunately, people see what they want to see, which is fine, but it would seem that people dont have the ability to respect the fact we something deeper. that being said some "juggalos" act the same way. i dont know how many times ive heard things like " oh you dont like such and such? than you aint no real juggalo.". its kind of sad and ironic. some people take the music a little to literally on both sides and that is just...disappointing. i can actually remember the first time i saw ICP, i was 15 and watching ECW and this video came on for a song called Hokus Pokus and it just blew me away. i went out the next day and bought The Great Milenko and it was like a whole new world was opened. i wasnt what you would call an outcast, i had several very close friends that i am still friends with today, but the something in the music spoke to me. i could connect with it on some level where i couldnt with other music. it made me laugh, it made me think, it had moments listening where i just sat there and would think " you know they are right, the world really is fucked.". thats my experience though and im sure others had different or better ones. i wish more people would post here because i think this could be a positive outlet.
Randy

Springfield, OR

#5 Feb 29, 2012
man that's awesome, Milenko was the album that grabbed me too. I was a casual fan since I heard "Homies" requested on the WRIF one sunday night, and i realized there was more to ICP than the mainstream media was showing. it was just the past year i finally invested in their back catalogue and really enjoyed their honesty and sense of humor. every time i think about equality and how people have power over each other, i think about that verse in "how many times" about the judge who "takes shits/and fucks his ol' floppy wife", it's like one of those things like South Park where people can't see past a harmless dick or fart joke to the social truth in the subtext or whatever.

anyways i'm still gathering opinions and stories to write a comprehensive paper on Juggalos and Psychopathic for my pop culture/celebrity class. I'm gonna try to talk to some people if i can make it to the Boondox show on friday, should be a great time.

Location hidden

#7 Mar 1, 2012
Randy wrote:
man that's awesome, Milenko was the album that grabbed me too. I was a casual fan since I heard "Homies" requested on the WRIF one sunday night, and i realized there was more to ICP than the mainstream media was showing. it was just the past year i finally invested in their back catalogue and really enjoyed their honesty and sense of humor. every time i think about equality and how people have power over each other, i think about that verse in "how many times" about the judge who "takes shits/and fucks his ol' floppy wife", it's like one of those things like South Park where people can't see past a harmless dick or fart joke to the social truth in the subtext or whatever.
anyways i'm still gathering opinions and stories to write a comprehensive paper on Juggalos and Psychopathic for my pop culture/celebrity class. I'm gonna try to talk to some people if i can make it to the Boondox show on friday, should be a great time.
if at all possible i would love to read your paper when you are finished.
Chinkee the Klown

Belleville, IL

#8 Mar 1, 2012
i would love to read your paper too, my opinion on it being a lette myself, im tired of all the bad rep on us we arent a gang or some highschool click we are everyday people who look up to and have respect for other people like us not just talking about lo's and lettes but everyone, being a lo or lette doesnt mean that your a fan of psychopathic anything, its rele about being who you are and not giving a shit what people say or think or do just being yourself and having people or fam around you that are cool with who you are, doesn mean you have to agree with everything i say or do but respecting everyones opinion and rele just about family and love and respect

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Insane Clown Posse Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Faygo in Phoenix Mar '17 GCU 1
suicide hotline call. song playing while many i... Jan '17 Savere101 1
help me find a song (Jan '12) Dec '16 Dsmith 5
News Fans or gang? Meet the Juggalos (Aug '08) Sep '16 KottonMouthKing4Life 912
News Woman's finger severed, man charged with mayhem (Sep '16) Sep '16 Kev from Michigan 1
News Comcast-TWC merger worries, outrages consumers (Feb '14) Jul '16 DNH 54
faygo to canada (Jun '15) Jun '16 Rexx 2
More from around the web