First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mscali

United States

#1 Sep 8, 2006
I was hurt to hear that idris elba was married, although I know I would have never been his woman, it was good to know when he was single. any way I wish him the best happiness in his marriage.
Capri

United States

#2 Oct 4, 2006
I too was hurt when I found out that Idris had jumped the broom. I know that this sound crazy, but I felt that I was the only one for him. I felt that he was my enchanted love. I too wish him the best in luck, not only in his marriage and career, but in life. Thanks for the memories Idris!
L Johnson

Green Valley, AZ

#3 Oct 18, 2006
mscali wrote:
I was hurt to hear that idris elba was married, although I know I would have never been his woman, it was good to know when he was single. any way I wish him the best happiness in his marriage.
Who did he marry?
globalsistah

AOL

#4 Nov 17, 2006
Well, we can all hold onto our dreams at night. He is super fine. That is a fact and I'll be okay just living with the fantasy! Whewwwwwww!
Miss Hall

Jacksonville, FL

#5 Dec 6, 2006
Damn Hes Married shes lucky He is super fine and sexy.Wish the best!! Not, Im not going to lie I hope he gets a divorce more of a chance for me.
JDIGGA

San Francisco, CA

#6 Jan 22, 2007
DAMMITT!! AND HERE I WAS ABOUT TO PROCESS MY LOVE. GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND YOUR.
Catina jones

United States

#7 Jan 25, 2007
Well,im not happy to hear that he is married i was hoping that oneday we could go half on baby.
Pamela Crawford

United States

#8 Jan 25, 2007
Im married as well but in the fantasy world Idris is my husband. When he is tired of what he has and wants a one nite stand he can call on me! jealous_iknow_69@yahoo.com for Idris only!
Toya

Massapequa, NY

#9 Feb 8, 2007
girls, don't hold your breath - word on the street is that his woman is a 'beard' cover up for gay ma and he's 99.9% - does have daughter to throw you guys off
Mommy of 2

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Feb 18, 2007
globalsistah wrote:
Well, we can all hold onto our dreams at night. He is super fine. That is a fact and I'll be okay just living with the fantasy! Whewwwwwww!
U2? He is all that! If i had one wish!
portia

San Leandro, CA

#11 Feb 19, 2007
Just a really quick question: Is Idris Elba a sigma? I found a picture of him on the IMDB website with his hands in what seems to be the Sigma symbol. Can anyone veryify if this is true.
Cheryl Da Pearl

AOL

#12 Feb 21, 2007
Toya,
You couldn't be more wrong about Idris Elba. He's far from gay. He's a really nice guy (down-to-earth) and fairly shy. He's married to a young lady who's not in the business and that's a good thing. She's a lawyer who previously resided in the DC area (a suburb of DC), but now resides in NY with Mr. Elba. It was funny when I first heard about "Daddy's Little Girls" last year and that he would be playing the lead - not different from real-life. However, his wife is not snotty like Julia was. She too is nice - she's not a "sista" from the hood, but she is an intelligent BLACK woman (which I respect more than anything) who has one of the finest BLACK men by her side. Lucky, Lucky, Lucky. So, please halt the rumors about him. She's happily married, but that doesn't stop him from being fine. He's the sh&^!!!
Nina

Clay, NY

#13 Feb 24, 2007
Cheryl,
I hate to be the bearer of bad news.But Mr.Elba is no longer married to the lawyer anymore.For proof of what I'm saying,I have a snippet of an article that Mr.Elba with rollingout.com .you can go there and get the rest of the aricle.

Shattering the myth that African American men do not make responsible fathers was the most compelling issue for the two actors, but billing for the flick stems from the subplot of the love affair between their characters. With the recent statistics and dismal matrimony probabilities for African American women, Perry’s hit on a hot-button topic.
Although Elba places himself outside of the issue, as a single, but not dating Englishman, he does recognize the plight:“I understand from statistics that it’s very difficult for black women in America to date a man of similar ilk. It’s something that Gabrielle and I had major discussions about while we were filming. I feel that the film gave a voice to people — women and men — going through that dynamic, and I think that’s good.”

Now if he's married,why would he do an interview and say he's single.I would beat my man up if he said that and he was on 106 and park on febuary 13th and stated he had no valentine to spend valentine's day with.He would of got slap for saying that on national tv.

Since: Feb 07

Alexandria, VA

#14 Feb 26, 2007
Hi Nina,

Thanks for the information...I didn't have a clue that they were no longer married. Well, that didn't last long. I noticed that she wasn't nowhere to be seen during the "Daddy's Little Girls" premier, he was with his daughter Insa. Good and bad news I guess. Bad that his marriage is over but good for the million of woman that think he's absolutely gorgeous and that we may have a chance with him (nothing but a dream I know).

I missed that interview but I'm going to go back and read it tonight. Thanks again.
Nina

Clay, NY

#15 Mar 1, 2007
No problem Cheryl!!
Glad I could be of some assistance.
Shirma Tonghula

North Shields, UK

#16 Mar 3, 2007
Ok, talkin' like y'all even know anything about the man!?! Unless you are family maybe you should point out that you are speculating.....so funny.
Nina

Clay, NY

#17 Mar 7, 2007
Do you think you if he is married or not?Pick up the this month's issue of Upscale magazine and found out for yourself.
Nina

Clay, NY

#18 Mar 7, 2007
The man is divorced.But he's dating someone.
Juanita

Leicester, UK

#19 Apr 3, 2007
I need to know the fact because my life is falling apart. i was heartbroken to hear Idris was married, are you telling me he's not anymore? Would someone with the facts please come forward. I broke up with my man because I am in love with Idris.... I really need to know if I stand a chance.
Nina

Clay, NY

#20 Apr 3, 2007
He's been saying in diffrent interviews he's done that he's divorced.If you go to
www.rollingout.com he states that he's single.This interview was done for the movie Daddy's Little Girls in Febuary of this year.Or if you can get Upscale magazine over there in London,he states he's divorced.I wish I could be more of help to you.Do you know Idris personally?
Good Luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Idris Elba Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Actor Idris Elba Nude Aug '14 Mobetta 1
'Black UK actors told to go to Hollywood to fin... (Feb '12) Aug '14 Michael Jacksons ... 173
'Thor' fans protest black actor (Mar '11) Mar '13 Overseer58 13
is he married (Mar '07) Aug '12 Miss M 22
save my friend (Feb '12) Feb '12 IBK 1
idris elba for smartwater (Sep '11) Nov '11 imran 3
idris wants your "private garden" (Sep '11) Sep '11 HipHollywood 1
More from around the web