'The Peacemaker': Malik Spellman mediates gang disputes

Dec 8, 2010 Full story: Zap2it.com

Thursday, Dec. 16, A&E premieres "The Peacemaker: L.A. Gang Wars," five half-hour episodes following gang mediator Malik Spellman as he tries to keep gang tensions in South Central Los Angeles from erupting into violence.

Full Story
Prophectically speaking

Springfield Gardens, NY

#1 Dec 9, 2010
It' about time some brother's step up to the plate
and reverse the curse of the willie lynch law. Man is destroyed because of lack of knowledge.
The lost folks need to be taught how to respect them selves partners , offspring and fellowman.

I look forward to this show and hope it makes a difference across the nation and the world. Let the real peace makers of the earth stand up in their rightful postions with strike force taking back what belongs
to us.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#2 Dec 9, 2010
I like the way you think. I don't live around gang violence or gang life. Inner township is rampet with crime from the good and bad side of the law. Im from farm country and the river life. But I am however a motivational speaker! I am looking forward to the show as well. I believe it will teach me about lost and forgotten lives. The loneliness of the streets in my small town...where the parents are the ones that are failing their kids. Choosing a life of hell over their kids. They look to me. I hope to start a volunteer organization for the teens and kids who wanna have something to do and be proud of. They need to be on the streets beatin the pavement to help their neigbors out and I wanna teach them how!
Ron Yarbrough

United States

#3 Dec 23, 2010
Malik Spellman deserves a Nobel Peace Prize for the good work he's doing. If he can make at least 1 of those brothers wake up and realize there is more to life than the stupidity they are involved in, it is all well worth it. Thank You Malik
Ron Yarbrough

United States

#4 Dec 23, 2010
The reason why we have gang bangers is because, these are kids who never been out of their neighborhoods, and been around other cultures. I grew up in the ghetto, but I was fortunate to get involved in music, which allowed me to travel and meet different cultures and when you look back and see the gang banging and things you thought were cool, you really see how pathetic it looks to other cultures and see why other races don't accept us. Don't get me wrong, there are idiots in all races, but deep down, we are basically the same inside. But when everybody you know acts a certain way, and thinks a certain way, you believe what they believe. First of all most people in the ghetto are smart, law abiding, normal human beings. but its a certain view that get involved with the poison of the community, and most of the time, that's all that other cultures hear about coming out of the ghetto. But with brothers like Malik, showing these misguided brothers that there is more to life than killing for stupidity, he is changing some lives around and I commend him so greatly for that. Kepp up the good work.
malik spellman da peacema

Atlanta, GA

#6 Jan 3, 2011
go all that support the concept of peace. i salute you and thank u from my heart for your kind words of love and deep inspiration. Thank you so kindly for your words. just know that my life and the lives that we save r all PART of our own human family.....peacemaker

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ice-T Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nicole 'Coco' Austin Playboy Photos: Nicole Aus... (Jun '08) Aug '14 dmw 13
Ice-T, model wife buy in S. Chandler neighborhood (Feb '08) Feb '14 deee 24
Portrait Gallery exhibit gives hip-hop a good rap (Aug '08) Aug '13 kevin dixon 41
The 411 Music Top 5 01.29.13: The Top 5 Actor-M... (Jan '13) Jan '13 tigger31086 1
Hip-Hop Rumors: The Game Says The Breezy / Drak... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Anonymous 2
Hip Hop's Most Outrageous Album Covers (Jul '12) Jul '12 aur56 5
Rapper/actor Ice-T on his documentary and life (Jun '12) Jun '12 mrzzy rappa 2
More from around the web