Life is Too $hort

Short Dog's in the House . You have heard of him. Your dad has heard of him. He is who comes to mind first when people think of Bay Area rap and he is coming to the Arcata Community Center Sunday, March 22. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
spageddy

AOL

#1 Mar 23, 2009
Worst rapper alive imo. Trash for trashy people. Sends bad messages to younger people. Freaking garbage!
concerned mom

Eureka, CA

#2 Mar 23, 2009
Just because you don't like the music does not mean that people that do are trash! I took my daughter to the concert, and I am not trash, I do not smoke weed and I am a productive citizen in this community.
Down with Newbs

Arcata, CA

#3 Mar 23, 2009
concerned mom wrote:
Just because you don't like the music does not mean that people that do are trash! I took my daughter to the concert, and I am not trash, I do not smoke weed and I am a productive citizen in this community.
Was your daughter that 14 year old putting her hand up when Short asked who gives the best head in the house tonight?? She was hot dude, did she get a back stage pass buddy?? Oh and did you supervise her while she did him up??
concerned mom

Eureka, CA

#4 Mar 23, 2009
Down with Newbs wrote:
<quoted text>
Was your daughter that 14 year old putting her hand up when Short asked who gives the best head in the house tonight?? She was hot dude, did she get a back stage pass buddy?? Oh and did you supervise her while she did him up??
First of all, my daughter is 16. Second, I went with her, which was the adult thing to do for this concert. Finally, why must you be so negative and make assumptions about people you don't know? Clearly you still have a lot to learn in life. Your parents will be proud of you when you grow up.
Down with Newbs

Arcata, CA

#5 Mar 23, 2009
concerned mom wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, my daughter is 16. Second, I went with her, which was the adult thing to do for this concert. Finally, why must you be so negative and make assumptions about people you don't know? Clearly you still have a lot to learn in life. Your parents will be proud of you when you grow up.
Great 16... That makes it all the better, that show was a sham and as a adult along time ago I was totally aware of my age when I realized that this stuff was garbage of the worst kind and I could not believe all the parents like yourself who allow their daughters to be exposed to this crap! In addition, You should be ashamed of yourself and stop making excuses for this. I listened to this stuff when I was young and then went looking for girls to live the lyrics. Its all good you should be happy you let your daughter get her way under the vail of parental oversight when in fact you should have told her "NO" and then explain to her why you think she is better then listening to some pimp tell her about how he is going to make her touch her toes while he and his homies take turns BUSTING HER OUT! Good Job MOM!
concerned mom

Eureka, CA

#6 Mar 24, 2009
It is interesting that you say you realized a long time ago that this stuff was garbage, yet you still went to the concert! I feel that I did the right thing by going with my daughter, as I am guiding her and teaching her how to be responsible and make the right choices instead of sheltering her and making her believe that this world is perfect. People need to learn how to coexist in this world and know what evils are out there and how to deal with them. Sheltering your kids and not making them informed only makes them easier targets. My daughter knows that it is wrong for a man to treat a woman the way that is depicted in these songs, but not all the songs are about that. She is also aware that these women that get treated that way allow it to happen. A person can not treat you like a piece of property if you don't let them. Life is all about choices and having the ability to make the right choices.
me again

Arcata, CA

#7 Mar 24, 2009
concerned mom wrote:
It is interesting that you say you realized a long time ago that this stuff was garbage, yet you still went to the concert! I feel that I did the right thing by going with my daughter, as I am guiding her and teaching her how to be responsible and make the right choices instead of sheltering her and making her believe that this world is perfect. People need to learn how to coexist in this world and know what evils are out there and how to deal with them. Sheltering your kids and not making them informed only makes them easier targets. My daughter knows that it is wrong for a man to treat a woman the way that is depicted in these songs, but not all the songs are about that. She is also aware that these women that get treated that way allow it to happen. A person can not treat you like a piece of property if you don't let them. Life is all about choices and having the ability to make the right choices.
So you just spent $80 to support the cause of too shorts lifestyle and agenda. Also, I meant that I was an adult a while ago... but that I realized at this show how rediculous it was. Look I am no saint and I have kids, Mainly teen age boys whom know with out a doubt if they ever act like this TOO SHORT idiot they will have serious problems with me. What is missing in this worl are they days of gentlemen and ladies, What is also missing are the ladies who expect that! SO its all good, I dont disrespect you and you are her mom and are afforded all the rights. I appologize for for the disrespect as you are doing a job lots of parents frankly throw to the back burner!
concerned mom

Eureka, CA

#8 Mar 24, 2009
While you and I will probably never see eye to eye, and we both have good points.....my daughter paid the $80 (she has a job) and it was something that the two of us were able to do together and enjoy together. I have 3 other children and I feel it is important to spend time with each of them individually when you can, doing things with them that they like. I am by no means a perfect mom, but I do my best to teach my kids what is right and wrong and about the importance of making good decisions and that even when you make bad ones, you are accountable for your actions. I do fully believe that ALOT of TOO SHORT songs are degrading towards women, but you have to admit, those women that he demoralizes allow him to do so willingly, so you have to ask, what does that say about them?
Short Dogg

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Mar 24, 2009
Too SHort is a lyricist.A Rap legend. He doesn't just make Freaky music, thats just a trademark of his, which is a bit degrading to women I will admit, but he has conscience songs on the level of Ice Cube and Common. I've listened to since i was a baby, i'm 21 years old and I treat women with the upmost respect. But His songs are funny and thought provoking. And lets stop acting like all girls are classy and respect themselves, because they don't. I Done met hundreds of "Blow Job Betty's" in my lifetime, alot of them do like his music, and they don't find it degrading because they're nasty.
interesting

Eureka, CA

#10 Mar 24, 2009
Dear concerned mom, were you short on brains that night? Great parenting job. I bet you're one of those, so dim you tell everyone what a great relationship you have with her and she NEVER does anything wrong.
I've met your type at school meetings.
You are a joke. You actually try to justify yourself with false rational without any common sense.
Yes many women downgrade themselves willingly and you are one of them and as a role model your poor daughter will quite possibly also become one.
Wonderful job of bonding.
Maybe she'll get lucky and so will your other children by a concerned family member or the authorities stepping in and shutting you down.
I could go on but with your pathetic thinking it's a waste as I've seen so much of your kind in my life.
Also you will reply with more garbage rational to attempt to have readers think how wonderful you are with your kids.
Oh, as they are not legal adults yet, when will you start teaching them how best to drink and have sex.
one mans opinion

Jackson St Forest, CA

#11 Mar 24, 2009
Too Short is not for every member of the family. Church going types beware. His style of speaking from the pulpit degrades females everywhere.
interesting

Eureka, CA

#13 Mar 24, 2009
Idiots like him are one of many of the problems with the lack of values in
not only America but the world where these as#wipes are allowed to spread their garbage under the auspices of the Constitution and creativity.
Ah well Alexander, Rome, Russia, etc did not last forever.
concerned mom

Mckinleyville, CA

#14 Mar 24, 2009
interesting wrote:
Dear concerned mom, were you short on brains that night? Great parenting job. I bet you're one of those, so dim you tell everyone what a great relationship you have with her and she NEVER does anything wrong.
I've met your type at school meetings.
You are a joke. You actually try to justify yourself with false rational without any common sense.
Yes many women downgrade themselves willingly and you are one of them and as a role model your poor daughter will quite possibly also become one.
Wonderful job of bonding.
Maybe she'll get lucky and so will your other children by a concerned family member or the authorities stepping in and shutting you down.
I could go on but with your pathetic thinking it's a waste as I've seen so much of your kind in my life.
Also you will reply with more garbage rational to attempt to have readers think how wonderful you are with your kids.
Oh, as they are not legal adults yet, when will you start teaching them how best to drink and have sex.
While you are certainly entitled to your opinion, you don't know me, and while I did say I am not a perfect mom, I am a good mother. I talk to my children and I do not expect them to be perfect either. I expect them to make mistakes, that is part of life and growing up. Did you really listen to EVERYTHING your mom and dad told you?? I doubt it. I have done nothing to warrant any authorities stepping in, but if you really think I have, let me know and I would be glad to give you my information so that after they do the welfare check on my children and realize that my children are very well taken care of, you will realize that you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. By the way, do you have chilren?
interesting

Eureka, CA

#15 Mar 25, 2009
I did not state an opinion I stated a fact based on your post.
I have grown children. I did not take them to any type of vulgar venues. I did my best to see they didn't sneak around on their own or with friends to do so.
My kids were not perfect but they grew up into adults with good moral values.
You talk to them. Good, yet you take one to a profane, women take down rap concert.
No I think they talk to you and get their way.
I didn't always listen to my parents but they made certain I had worthwhile values. They did not let me go and do whatever I wanted to do.
This is a waste of time. You think you did well and you are in denial.
The first step to improvement is to admit you messed up. 2nd is to make sure you don't continue doing it again.
As for authorities stepping in, I doubt you would tell them, "Oh, by the way, I took my 16 year old, who of course isn't old enough to go on her own because the concert is (what it was). She really had a good time and we bonded so well discussing all the profanity, the put down of women, etc. I'm a good mom." You'll fake them out because you've had such good practice at it.
Like I said I do know you, I worked at a job dealing with parents like you.
Get a job, stop being in denial, grow up, teach them moral values and quit your rationalization, it doesn't fly with intelligent, caring parents.
concerned mom

Eureka, CA

#16 Mar 25, 2009
You clearly know nothing about me and are making assumptions based on your past experience with other people. I would tell the authorities that I took my daughter to the concert. There were so many other young children there that did not have parental supervision. Also, I do have a job, I work full time. My two oldest children are also in the GATE program and all my children get excellent grades in school. Just because people don't have the exact same beliefs as you does not mean that they are not good parents raising good children that will turn out to be successful contributing members of society as adults.
spageddy

AOL

#17 Mar 25, 2009
KRS is a lyricist son...
Biggie... Lyrical genius.
Snoop- Still bangin'.
Please dont equate the Bays bullshit with the above mentioned LEGENDS. Thank you. Resume vaporizing.
anonymous

Eureka, CA

#18 Mar 25, 2009
I haven't heard of him. My dad hasn't heard of him. My kids haven't heard of him.
I think I'd like to keep it that way.
I don't like rap because of the idiots that drive around playing it so loud that every ear drum within a 3 mile radius wants to shatter just so they never have to hear it again.
I find absolutely nothing "cool" about it.
For the mom who went with her daughter to one of these concerts, or plans too, would your daughter ever be caught dead going to the symphony? Or to the ballet or opera? Sure, those things aren't for everybody, but if you want to spend time with her and don't mind exposing her to rap, expose her to other things as well.
concerned mom

Eureka, CA

#19 Mar 25, 2009
anonymous wrote:
I haven't heard of him. My dad hasn't heard of him. My kids haven't heard of him.
I think I'd like to keep it that way.
I don't like rap because of the idiots that drive around playing it so loud that every ear drum within a 3 mile radius wants to shatter just so they never have to hear it again.
I find absolutely nothing "cool" about it.
For the mom who went with her daughter to one of these concerts, or plans too, would your daughter ever be caught dead going to the symphony? Or to the ballet or opera? Sure, those things aren't for everybody, but if you want to spend time with her and don't mind exposing her to rap, expose her to other things as well.
My daughter has exposure to other music as well. In fact, she plays the clarinet in band at school and she plays sports and has a job.
jimi

Oakland, CA

#20 Mar 25, 2009
Short Dogg wrote:
Too SHort is a lyricist.A Rap legend. He doesn't just make Freaky music, thats just a trademark of his, which is a bit degrading to women I will admit, but he has conscience songs on the level of Ice Cube and Common. I've listened to since i was a baby, i'm 21 years old and I treat women with the upmost respect. But His songs are funny and thought provoking. And lets stop acting like all girls are classy and respect themselves, because they don't. I Done met hundreds of "Blow Job Betty's" in my lifetime, alot of them do like his music, and they don't find it degrading because they're nasty.
Just a couple comments-
Interesting- You say YOU treat women with respect,
and then go on to say ;
"And lets stop acting like all girls are classy and respect themselves, because they don't."..

Well, have you ever wondered what MADE them have no self respect in the first place?
Could 20 years of 'songs' about bi-tches and ho's being slapped and abused have anything to do with that, do you think? Women as nothing more than slabs of meat?

And CLASS? please!
Americans in general no longer have any idea what 'class' really is, MUCH less rappers!

'Class' is not about stealing samples, L.A. mansions with no pictures on the wall, and Mercedes Benz's.'Class' is not about gold teeth and how many $100 dollar bills you can flash.

I realize its the music you grew up with, but that doesnt mean its good, or that you need to defend it. When I was growing up we had some great music, and sure, plenty of crap. The good stuff lasts-
the other does not.

Ive enjoyed rock, classical, jazz, my whole life.
All music from different eras.

GOOD music stands the test of time- do you really think anyone will be listening to 'Short Dog' in 30 years? Really?

And no GOOD music Ive ever heard talks about abusing women or killing cops.
interesting

Eureka, CA

#21 Mar 25, 2009
Like I said, you are in total denial. You can keep attempting to justify your stupidity but as others have seen you can't do it.
You also say you have 2 jobs and you are on welfare. Your comments above.
Somebody get her, she's cheating the system.
Oh yeah you'll come back with some kind of lie.
We all believe you.
Now be sure you check the schedules for the next foul mouth concert
or maybe something worse. Because that way they will learn about the real world.
Let them watch the TV news, they'll learn plenty about the real world.

Tally ho, i can't stand anymore of your illness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ice Cube Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who is the studio gangsta d.r.e or eazy-e (May '09) Dec 28 abdul 44
'RiffTrax Live: Anaconda' slithers into theater... Oct '14 Rb RECORDS 1
Green Day, Nine Inch Nails among Rock Hall nomi... Oct '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
17 celebrities you didn't know were Muslim (Feb '14) Aug '14 jinn 22
Is icecube dead??? (Mar '11) May '14 adelayda 19
50 Cent And Ice Cube To Collaborate (Apr '11) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 6
Ludacris, 50 Cent & Ice Cube vs. Oprah (May '06) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 14
More from around the web