Disabled face five-fold increase in parking fees in government crackdown on Blue Badge fraud

Dec 30, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: This Is Money

In an attempt to thwart forgers, the old handwritten disabled parking pass is being replaced by an electronically printed permit similar to a driving licence.

Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Dec 31, 2011

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Judged:

Good, about time too.

“WE never came from Africa!”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Judged:

well, ten quid isn't bad at all, as you get that back quite soon from free parking in many places.
ronan

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Judged:

Market forces, innit?

“Fly low, fly fast.”

East Midlands, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Judged:

The trouble is there are many abusers of the system. I have caught a few that were using dead relative's badges. One person used his son's badge, but I found out the poor lad was at school.
ronan

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Judged:

supersonic boom wrote:
The trouble is there are many abusers of the system. I have caught a few that were using dead relative's badges. One person used his son's badge, but I found out the poor lad was at school.
Do you snoop on people?

Are you one of these vigilantes going about with camera and taking photos of offenders?

“Fly low, fly fast.”

East Midlands, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Judged:

Do you have to turn every conversation to obscenity? Are you incapable of decent conversation where decent conversation is an option?
Pat Butchers Ghost

Nuneaton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Judged:

supersonic boom wrote:
Do you have to turn every conversation to obscenity? Are you incapable of decent conversation where decent conversation is an option?
creepy landlords who spy on their tenants are quick to think everyone is like them.
ronan

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Judged:

supersonic boom wrote:
What is "obscene" in asking you if you were one of these busy bodies who snoop on people breaking the law and report them.

There has been a recent campaign about people checking who is actually using disabled parking spaces and challenging them. That was on TV. Some people have decided to 'police' disabled parking spaces in view of the abuses.

So my question was absolutely genuine; I was asking you if you were one of those people. There is no need to get the hump with me!

There are also instances where local communities have started to police speed limits in their locality and reporting people who break it.

I don't know yet if it's good citizenship or just plain interference. I can't make out what the local constabulary or the local council will me of it.

“Fly low, fly fast.”

East Midlands, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2011

Judged:

Or you could have asked, "Are you into enforcing the law?"
ronan

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2011

Judged:

supersonic boom wrote:
Or you could have asked, "Are you into enforcing the law?"
As a civilian, you have no power to 'enforce' the law; you can just report infractions.
Ryan O Poikeybollocks

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2011

Judged:

ronan wrote:
<quoted text>
As a civilian, you have no power to 'enforce' the law; you can just report infractions.
Take ye toime shor. Oi be realising ye's thick as 3 week old colcannon.

“Fly low, fly fast.”

East Midlands, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2011

Judged:

ronan wrote:
<quoted text>
Shows how much you know then Ronan.
tinfoil helmet man

Nuneaton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2011

Judged:

takes a LONG time to sink in with poor old Ronan, doesn't it? I reckon he's a few Surahs short of a Koran.

“The Three Legged Man”

Since: Jul 11

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2011

Judged:

ronan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so slow, I'm amazed nobody's given you a postmortem.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Iam Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rapper makes St. Louis stop (Feb '09) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 2
With website, T-shirts and a No. 1 album, Lil W... (Nov '10) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 7
At No. 1, Lil Wayne redefines stardom from behi... (Nov '10) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 11
Rap Star Lil Wayne Released From NYC Jail (Nov '10) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 2
Rap star Lil Wayne released from NYC jail (Nov '10) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 11
Lil Wayne, T-Pain Thrill The Crowd At New York ... (Jan '09) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 4
'Hip Hop King' Lil Wayne to play in City (Oct '11) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 4
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Iam People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••