Laurie set to bow out of House role

Laurie set to bow out of House role

There are 7 comments on the Knutsford Guardian story from May 10, 2011, titled Laurie set to bow out of House role. In it, Knutsford Guardian reports that:

Hugh Laurie could be set to end his award-winning role as maverick medic Dr Gregory House.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Knutsford Guardian.

Tired of the BS

Saint Louis, MO

#1 May 10, 2011
it is about time for him to leave it is only so much an audience can stand with his addictions & dysfunctions! The last episode or the season finale they should kill his character off!
LP Mason

Pasadena, TX

#2 May 10, 2011
what

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#3 May 10, 2011
The end of House would be a blow to quality TV. Earlier in his career, Hugh Laurie was very funny in two British comedy series, "A Bit Of Fry and Laurie" (with Stephen Fry), and the superb "Jeeves and Wooster", with the same two actors.
Gregory House was a truly brilliant character. Laurie's musical talents were also in evidence in many of the episodes. I hope he soon finds another project for us to enjoy.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#4 May 10, 2011
The problem is that they ran out of ideas from the ORIGINAL creators of the show. (I am referring to Hugh Laurie, Lisa Edelstein. And that kid from Illinois, who used to save all those lives in the 1970-1990 period, provided many of the medical cases, from his life as a scientist.)

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#5 May 10, 2011
Coldwar wrote:
The problem is that they ran out of ideas from the ORIGINAL creators of the show.(I am referring to Hugh Laurie, Lisa Edelstein. And that kid from Illinois, who used to save all those lives in the 1970-1990 period, provided many of the medical cases, from his life as a scientist.)
The "house" character evolved, from someone whose cynical exterior hid an underlying sense of compassion, to a mean-spirited person who had given up trying to find his soul.
The show used to be a bit lighter, and a lot funnier.

Since: Jun 11

India

#6 Jun 14, 2011
Without House, House MD would be nothing.
Mike Ledford

Atlanta, GA

#7 Sep 15, 2011
I still like the show, and look forward to its syndication. I mean, it's great, but it's time to close it out before it jumps the shark.

Btw, does Laurie still have his L'Oreal gig? That was so weird... http://www.antiagingjournal.org/anti-aging-cr...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hugh Laurie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Matthew Macfadyen and Stephen Mangan to play Je... (Jun '13) Oct '13 Carmen 6
News House Love Debate: Cameron, Cuddy or Wilson? (Feb '09) Mar '13 Tysk 5
News From Doc to Blackbeard - Hugh Laurie's American... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Bet88 1
Hugh Laurie NAKED: FULL FRONTAL NUDE! Photos an... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Hugh Laurie 1
Hugh Laurie nude (Sep '12) Sep '12 Sherri 1
Ask Hugh Laurie a question! (Sep '12) Sep '12 Kimberly 1
News Gore Vidal: In quotes (Aug '12) Aug '12 Isabella 1
More from around the web