Attempted Robbery Ends in Group Hug

Attempted Robbery Ends in Group Hug

There are 14 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 13, 2007, titled Attempted Robbery Ends in Group Hug. In it, Newsday reports that:

Police on Capitol Hill are baffled by an attempted robbery that began with a handgun put to the head of a teenager and ended in a group hug.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Pete

Highland, NY

#2 Jul 16, 2007
Does this strategy work with terrorists? Get em' drunk with firewater, then steal THEM blind.
Hugh Jass

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Jul 16, 2007
awwwwww, how cute
freeda

Bristol, CT

#4 Jul 16, 2007
nothing was stolen... except the crystal wine glass he walked off with...
Robert Williams

Jamaica, NY

#5 Jul 16, 2007
Another added benefit from drinking red wine!!
Lorinda Patchogue NY

Mineola, NY

#6 Jul 16, 2007
freeda wrote:
nothing was stolen... except the crystal wine glass he walked off with...
More importantly nobody was hurt. I think how they handled that situation was fabulous.
feta cheese

Houston, TX

#9 Jul 16, 2007
If they only had some cheese who knows wht may have happened.They would probably all get naked in the hot tub.
Bill at Riverhead

Dunellen, NJ

#10 Jul 16, 2007
Aw shucks, this just sounds soo warm and fuzzy ! We completely lose sight of the fact that this jerk had a gun , what the hell was he thinking? Want to bet he tries this again, hopefully it will be with the same group of nitwits !
mac

Garden City, NY

#11 Jul 16, 2007
and people bash alcohol? In this case, it probably saved their lives, or at least their possessions. Good thing they weren't drinking diet cokes.
merrickgirl

Matamoras, PA

#12 Jul 16, 2007
Lorinda Patchogue NY wrote:
<quoted text>
More importantly nobody was hurt. I think how they handled that situation was fabulous.
so do I thank god he did not shoot anyone,very rare we get a happy ending.
Dante

AOL

#13 Jul 16, 2007
I guess Medellin bombed at the box office.
Manny

Bronx, NY

#14 Jul 16, 2007
During the group hug, he picked their pockets.
group hug

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Jul 16, 2007
I am buying that same wine today!!
Homer J Simpson

New York, NY

#16 Jul 16, 2007
mac wrote:
and people bash alcohol? In this case, it probably saved their lives, or at least their possessions. Good thing they weren't drinking diet cokes.
Ahh, alcohol -- the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.
Batman

Brooklyn, NY

#18 Jul 16, 2007
Damn Liberals. Any good Republican would have done the right thing and shot his ass into next season.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hug Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jonas Bros: Hug, Kiss, Take Pictures With Super... (Feb '09) Feb '09 xjniyan 1
News Strange & Unusual - Attempted Robbery Ends in G... (Jul '07) Jul '07 JaxNative 3
News Strange & Unusual - Attempted Robbery Ends in G... (Jul '07) Jul '07 JaxNative 1
News Robbery Attempt Ends in Group Hug (Jul '07) Jul '07 Breaking News 1
More from around the web