Silence needn't prey on minds in high...

Silence needn't prey on minds in high school

There are 5 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Nov 25, 2007, titled Silence needn't prey on minds in high school. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The beauty of Illinois' new state law mandating a moment of silence in the classroom is that students have a choice: What they do with that precious quiet time is up to them.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Milwaukee, WI

#1 Nov 25, 2007
A thoughtful, productive exchange between doctors and parents occurs when both sides respect evidence. Parents who hold to wild conspiracy theories and talk show gossip do nothing to advance the exchange that Christina Blakey calls for.

#2 Nov 25, 2007
I blame the use of the vacuum cleaner for spreading viruses, allergens and dust mite droppings.
Please let me explain.
The problem with all vacuum cleaners is that they blow out the exhaust air. This can disturb dust and allergens around the room causing them to become suspended in the ambient air this includes any dust mite droppings that are present in the room.

There is a new Technology waiting, to eliminate this problem.
It removes the problem by returning the exhaust air back into the head of the cleaner.
This air recycling technology can also save power. It has already been proved in tests at the Intertek testing station that it can do as much work on 250 watt hour as a 1,400 watt vacuum cleaner.
Detail can be seen at

Unfortunately although working prototypes already exist, this new type of cleaner is still waiting for a manufacturer to make and market them.
I have been trying for many years to get someone to manufacture this new cleaner or adapt the air recycling system into a current production model but without success.

You could help me by informing your MP and trying to get him to involve the Government. The saving to the national health costs could alone justify the Governments involvement.
The energy saving would be a further incentive.
I have told my MP but on his own he can not do anything so try to get him some help by contacting your MP.
This is very easy just go to and you will find his email address.

Please help me to help you Thanks.
For more information on ARC please go to
Christian Mother

Venice, FL

#3 Nov 26, 2007
Vaccines are modern day sorcery in disguise. Think about what sorcerors used to make the victim sick or to be cursed. They used animal and human blood, and other objects and chemicals to make a potion. That's exactly what they are doing in the labratories. The serpent is satan symbolism, why do you think it's the symbol of modern medicine. They are fooling you all! Keep your childrens blood pure, stay far away from those injectable toxins/potions!
Tosca Zraikat

Highgate Hill, Australia

#4 Nov 26, 2007
It takes time for minds to learn to be still, and at first, the mind will resist.'But a silent time is not wasted. Keep it up, and the kids will gradually fall into a pattern of silence at that time in which they just might - all on their own - find themselves connecting with their deeper selves. Kids are not shallow. they've just been conditioned to constant noise and mental activity. Like all writers know, you often have to write lots of trash that's in your surface mind before you can reach the deeper self from where you write truth. So don't take the 'trash' of kids' surface thoughts as all there is. "The real person is still waiting to be plumbed.

Besides, if nothing else, quiet time allows kids some free time of their think what they want without influence from others...Not much of that available elsewhere in this crazyt world.

Forest Hills, NY

#5 Nov 28, 2007
"It's still critical to vaccinate, the researchers say, and overvaccinating the population poses no health or safety concerns"
Where is the proof for this? Where is the study comparing vaxed kids with completely vaccine-free kids? Until this safety study is done and parents can weigh the risks - mandates have to go! The CDC recommended schedule has crossed over into the absurd. Its a wonder how doctors can stomach this and play along.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Honestly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News PolitiFact: How many illegal immigrants again? (Sep '16) Sep '16 Sterco 6
News As she awaits another new kidney, Isis Rivera h... (Jul '14) Apr '16 anailevir1 2
News Slow outlook for 2012 rice exports (May '12) May '12 The choice we make 1
News Latest sugar substitute on the coffee table (Feb '09) Feb '09 Cindy 3
News George Collins for Mayor of Santa Ana! (Jul '08) Oct '08 Apedroza 6