What the military did while Benghazi ...

What the military did while Benghazi post burned

There are 259 comments on the The Washington Post story from Jul 12, 2014, titled What the military did while Benghazi post burned. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

One by one, behind closed doors, military officers explained what they did and didn't do the night the U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya, burned.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
No Guts No Glory

Hilton Head Island, SC

#1 Jul 12, 2014
Well one thing's for certain. They didn't drop their cocks and grab their socks.

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#2 Jul 12, 2014
The team, led by Gibson, was in Tripoli to help train Libyan special forces. When the Benghazi attack began, Gibson’s first duty was to protect the embassy in Tripoli amid fears that it also would be targeted. He helped evacuate the staff to a classified, more-secure location. Once he felt they were safe on the morning of Sept. 12, Gibson was ready to rush to Benghazi to help.

One Libyan plane carrying a six-man U.S. security team already had taken off. Gibson wanted his group on the second chartered flight. He called the special operations command center for Africa to say they were heading to the airport.

He was told,“Don’t go. Don’t get on that plane.”

“Initially, I was angry,” he recalled.“Because a tactical commander doesn’t like to have those decisions taken away from him.
cancer suxs

Faribault, MN

#3 Jul 12, 2014
Bigger question is what did the military and Bush and Cheney do why THOUSANDS DIED ON USA SOIL IN 2001??????

Bush let thousands die on USA soil and far righters worship him like a god. Obama has nothing to do with 4 dying in dangerous area and they want him impeached.

STRANGE HUH..

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#4 Jul 12, 2014
cancer suxs wrote:
Bigger question is what did the military and Bush and Cheney do why THOUSANDS DIED ON USA SOIL IN 2001??????
Bush let thousands die on USA soil and far righters worship him like a god. Obama has nothing to do with 4 dying in dangerous area and they want him impeached.
STRANGE HUH..
ILLEGALS ON PLANES WITHOUT ID Welllllllll, it's not like their 80 year old women in wheel chairs that needs their depends frisked, but sure is short changing the TSA perverts that cop a free feel on the youth of America.
cancer suxs

Faribault, MN

#5 Jul 12, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>ILLEGALS ON PLANES WITHOUT ID Welllllllll, it's not like their 80 year old women in wheel chairs that needs their depends frisked, but sure is short changing the TSA perverts that cop a free feel on the youth of America.
Yep Bushies TSA invention is evil.

Now where you mad at Bush when he allowed thousands to die on US soil?
I mean your mad ta Obama for 4 people in war torn dangerous region so must have been really mad at Bush huh?
Cat74

Aurora, IL

#6 Jul 12, 2014
If they checked I D they would have to toss the Muslim Brotherhood terrorists, and we can't have that, Obama, and his brother are card carrying members.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#7 Jul 12, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
The team, led by Gibson, was in Tripoli to help train Libyan special forces. When the Benghazi attack began, Gibson’s first duty was to protect the embassy in Tripoli amid fears that it also would be targeted. He helped evacuate the staff to a classified, more-secure location. Once he felt they were safe on the morning of Sept. 12, Gibson was ready to rush to Benghazi to help.
One Libyan plane carrying a six-man U.S. security team already had taken off. Gibson wanted his group on the second chartered flight. He called the special operations command center for Africa to say they were heading to the airport.
He was told,“Don’t go. Don’t get on that plane.”
“Initially, I was angry,” he recalled.“Because a tactical commander doesn’t like to have those decisions taken away from him.
land no we know he was told to not get on that plane as the survivors were already rescued by that first team..

why are you still lying about this? i have set you straight on this fact for over a year now...

one more to add the the list of thousands of proven lies little jimmy tells.
cancer suxs

Faribault, MN

#13 Jul 12, 2014
Obama the Joker wrote:
Obama and Michelle Danced with Beyonce and JZ as Chris Steven's body began to decompose.
Bush read books to kids and Cheney hid why thousands died. Bet you hated Bush and Cheney more huh..
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#14 Jul 12, 2014
cancer suxs wrote:
Yikes!!!

foster and barefoot are getting lots of competition for 'Dumb Post of the Day'.

btw, what difference at this point does it make?

LOL
cancer suxs

Faribault, MN

#15 Jul 12, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Yikes!!!
foster and barefoot are getting lots of competition for 'Dumb Post of the Day'.
btw, what difference at this point does it make?
LOL
I know right. 4 people died in war torn dangerous region. Get over it.

Now as fare as 9-11 thousands died heer in the USA and billions of dollars in property destroyed. Bush should be jailed for not stopping it.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#16 Jul 12, 2014
cancer suxs wrote:
<quoted text>
Now as fare as 9-11 thousands died heer in the USA and billions of dollars in property destroyed. Bush should be jailed for not stopping it.
OK.. you win.

"Dumb Post of the Day" is all yours.

Congrats...(?)

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#18 Jul 12, 2014
cancer suxs wrote:
STRANGE HUH..
hey, idiot.

muslims killed those people on 911. muslims declared war on the usa.

so, how can you place the blame on someone else?

yeah. I can see blame placed on bush and cheney if they didn't do anything in retaliation.

but as we all know, we did just that, muslim. we kicked your azz.

guess what, MUSLIM. we're going to kick more azz. the pain isn't going to stop. you want war. you got it.

as for Benghazi... the cowards of Benghazi didn't do anything at all while those muslims were murdering our people. his inaction makes him just as guilty as the muslims.

the fact that you cannot tell the difference tells me you are not too smart. home taught? right? home taught by a home taught imam. yeah. sounds about right.

hey, bro. I got 72 virgins waiting for you on the other side. want to jump off a cliff for me? I'll send them over to meet you.

muslim = stupid.
Cat74

Aurora, IL

#19 Jul 12, 2014
They don't seem to remember we saw the enemy dragging Stevens through the streets, his body tortured, and dying. We got pictures during those first hours before Obama woke up enough to know what we had seen. These people lie, and others swear to it, but they aren't bright enough, or fast enough to make their stories ring true.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#20 Jul 12, 2014
cancer suxs wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep Bushies TSA invention is evil.
Now where you mad at Bush when he allowed thousands to die on US soil?
I mean your mad ta Obama for 4 people in war torn dangerous region so must have been really mad at Bush huh?
what the hell are you doing in the usa? we don't need no monkey muslims like you in the states.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#21 Jul 12, 2014
Obama the Joker wrote:
We all know what the Military didn't do.
They didn't lift a finger to help.
We know that much.
Commander in Chief? Not so much.
You don't know diddly.

FYI:

"The Senate Intelligence Committee on Wednesday released a report on the deadly 2012 assault on the diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, blaming the State Department, the intelligence community and even the late Ambassador Chris Stevens for failing to communicate and heed warnings of terrorist activity in the area.

The highly critical report says the U.S. military WAS NOT IN POSITION to help the Americans in need, though the head of Africa Command HAD OFFERED military security teams that Stevens — who was killed — had REJECTED weeks before the attack."

The Navy Times
Jan 15, 2014

"In the month before attackers stormed U.S. facilities in Benghazi and killed four Americans, U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens TWICE TURNED DOWN OFFERS OF SECURITY assistance made by the senior U.S. military official in the region in response to concerns that Stevens had raised in a still secret memorandum."

McClatchy News
May 14, 2013

What's it like inside the Fox Lies, Bullsh*t and Propaganda Bubble?
You like the smelly air?
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#22 Jul 12, 2014
cancer suxs wrote:
<quoted text>
241 Americans died in Beirut after Reagan put them there.
Two embassies were destroyed.
One entire CIA station destroyed.

I don't remember any big investigation by the Republicans into that debacle.
No calling for Ronnie to resign.
No threat to impeach him.

Gee, I wonder why not?
Oh sure, it was OK if it happened under Reagan.
But under Obama? Hang him!!!!
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#23 Jul 12, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
They don't seem to remember we saw the enemy dragging Stevens through the streets, his body tortured, and dying. We got pictures during those first hours before Obama woke up enough to know what we had seen. These people lie, and others swear to it, but they aren't bright enough, or fast enough to make their stories ring true.
You're the liar, buddy.
Always have been and always will be.

FY effing I:

"The Senate Intelligence Committee on Wednesday released a report on the deadly 2012 assault on the diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, blaming the State Department, the intelligence community and even the late Ambassador Chris Stevens for failing to communicate and heed warnings of terrorist activity in the area.

The highly critical report says the U.S. military WAS NOT IN POSITION to help the Americans in need, though the head of Africa Command HAD OFFERED military security teams that Stevens — who was killed — had REJECTED weeks before the attack."

The Navy Times
Jan 15, 2014

"In the month before attackers stormed U.S. facilities in Benghazi and killed four Americans, U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens TWICE TURNED DOWN OFFERS OF SECURITY assistance made by the senior U.S. military official in the region in response to concerns that Stevens had raised in a still secret memorandum."

McClatchy News
May 14, 2013

Read and weep, liar.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#24 Jul 12, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
They don't seem to remember we saw the enemy dragging Stevens through the streets, his body tortured, and dying..
Boy, we remember - the difference, dear, is that we are not using for those scenes to fundraise and grave dance for political partisan politics.
Cat74

Aurora, IL

#25 Jul 12, 2014
Last time I checked the Senate was Democrat. You don't think they would lie to cover for their inept President? Well, they did, Fortunately Americans already have made up their minds about their incompetent leader. I will wait for the report from Congressman Gowdy. I trust him to tell the truth.
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#26 Jul 12, 2014
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, we remember - the difference, dear, is that we are not using for those scenes to fundraise and grave dance for political partisan politics.
"we"?

The DNC Used Benghazi to Solicit Donations

Despite Democrats' apparent outrage over Republicans mentioning Benghazi in connection to fundraising appeals, it turns out the DNC did the same thing.

Democrats were shocked last week that some Republican leadership organizations including the RNC would mentioned the Benghazi scandal in fundraising appeals. NPR called it a "partisan flashpoint." The DNC's chairwoman and communications director both decried the politicization of a tragedy.

But last May the DNC sent out a fundraising email signed by Communications Director Brad Woodhouse which made the political fight over Benghazi a reason to donate.

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2014/05/15...

If it weren't for double standards, liberals would have none.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillary Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 2 min Frankie Rizzo 2,019
News Donald Trump criticizes Jill Stein-led recount ... 11 min Dee Dee Dee 152
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... (May '16) 16 min President Donald ... 14,552
News As anger over election of Donald Trump erupts, ... 30 min berklee 2,906
News Trump kicks off victory tour with Cincinnati ra... 42 min TRUMP WINNERS 41
News Trump soaks up the adulation, brags about victory 46 min Black Rhino 68
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... 1 hr TRUMP WINNERS 149
More from around the web