New Poll Shows Governor's Race in Sta...

New Poll Shows Governor's Race in Statistical Tie

There are 17 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from May 8, 2013, titled New Poll Shows Governor's Race in Statistical Tie. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

A new NBC News/Marist Poll shows the Virginia governor's race in a statistical tie - with six months left until Election Day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Eville

Charlottesville, VA

#1 May 9, 2013
It's funny you show the boob on the seal His Coochness tried to cover up on the main pic. I really hope he does not wiln. We are a capitalist country. It is time for biz men to rule.
EvilleAlso

Staunton, VA

#2 May 9, 2013
"It is time for biz men to rule."

I couldn't agree with you more. I also don't like the Cooch and I have voted (mostly) Republican all my life.
Swing Voter

Verona, VA

#3 May 9, 2013
In past election cycles I might have sided with the Democratic candidate, but I've decided to switch my vote. As far as I can tell, McAuliffe is for an "assault weapons ban" (however ill defined it maybe) and back to the old one gun a month law.

Gun control is a red line for many rural voters like myself. That could prove critical in a 50/50 election.

I wonder if anyone else in rural VA is switching their vote because of the current anti-second amendment legistlation advocated by President Obama?
BBJ

Charlottesville, VA

#4 May 9, 2013
Both are so miserable it will be had to choose. You would think with two parties at least one could find decent person to run, oh they did and the Repubs got him to drop out. Best results would be both loose.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#5 May 9, 2013
jeez, we got 6 months of polls? how depressing
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#6 May 9, 2013
Swing Voter wrote:
In past election cycles I might have sided with the Democratic candidate, but I've decided to switch my vote. As far as I can tell, McAuliffe is for an "assault weapons ban" (however ill defined it maybe) and back to the old one gun a month law.
Gun control is a red line for many rural voters like myself. That could prove critical in a 50/50 election.
I wonder if anyone else in rural VA is switching their vote because of the current anti-second amendment legistlation advocated by President Obama?
nobody is takin away yer guns
stop watching fox, rush and glenn
Thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#7 May 9, 2013
huck wrote:
<quoted text>
nobody is takin away yer guns
stop watching fox, rush and glenn
Guns are red herring, put out there to attract votes. A statistical tie? sure, both candidates are worthless.
ruby pattison

Charlottesville, VA

#8 May 9, 2013
When are you going to tell us about Bengazi? Oh, but wait, you are the democratic arm of the Obama Administration.
proud american

Charlottesville, VA

#9 May 9, 2013
I wish we had more bi-partisan local news.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#10 May 9, 2013
ruby pattison wrote:
When are you going to tell us about Bengazi? Oh, but wait, you are the democratic arm of the Obama Administration.
Please enlighten us what the latest taxpayer-sponsored (brought to u by fox) political witch hunt by Issa et. al. has 'exposed'.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#11 May 9, 2013
also why during the Bush administration there were 54 attacks on US embassies which killed 13 Americans but raised zero outrage from FOX.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#12 May 9, 2013
huck wrote:
also why during the Bush administration there were 54 attacks on US embassies which killed 13 Americans but raised zero outrage from FOX.
Nobody is blaming Obama for the Benghazi attack (although the ambassador did request more security and was turned down); the outrage is over the cover-up where a total b.s. story was fed to the American public and the world, stating that the attack was a "spontaeous result of protests over an anti-Islamic video". This cover-up was at the time construed to make sure Obama would not suffer and negative publicity so close to the election, and it continues to be respun by the media to save Hillary Clinton's reputation so she can be elected in 2016. Journalism in our country is, sadly, dead.
field of dreams

Charlottesville, VA

#13 May 9, 2013
Wonder how many would run if they had to take obamacare
Innocent

Ruckersville, VA

#14 May 9, 2013
Does anyone really believe our votes count? Or that both parties don't have same agenda
Example. Romney Care became Obama Care
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#15 May 9, 2013
Fluvy Gal wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody is blaming Obama for the Benghazi attack (although the ambassador did request more security and was turned down); the outrage is over the cover-up where a total b.s. story was fed to the American public and the world, stating that the attack was a "spontaeous result of protests over an anti-Islamic video". This cover-up was at the time construed to make sure Obama would not suffer and negative publicity so close to the election, and it continues to be respun by the media to save Hillary Clinton's reputation so she can be elected in 2016. Journalism in our country is, sadly, dead.
Glad to see your not a sucker to main stream news, or lack there of. Mainstream news is told what to say and more important what not to say. Keep the unwashed masses ignorant, thats the goal. The alternative is revolt. can't have that.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#19 May 9, 2013
Fluvy Gal wrote:
<quoted text>
" But to say that any of this points at a cover-up "has all the elements of Pulitzer Prize-class fiction attached to it," as former Ambassador Thomas Pickering, co-chairman of the committee that first investigated the attacks suggested."
"No, this is just the latest example of the fine Washington art of promoting an enduring scandal out of not very much, demonstrating the ability of microphones in congressional hearings to turn scattered inconclusive facts and emotion into innuendo and blips in opinion polls. That the process also debases and, perversely, distracts from the very serious issues associated with protecting our diplomats and our interests overseas is hardly important"
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/09/opinion/rothkop...

Let's say the first reaction characterizing the attack 'spontaneous' was influenced by Obama to 'save face'. In the words of Clinton, "what difference does it make"? He soon called it an act of terrorism.
Neither Obama or Clinton turned down the call for help, it was a decision made by a general in AFRICOM.
http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2013/05/benga...

Issa should be asking why congress turned down the state department's request for more security funding.
field of dreams

Charlottesville, VA

#20 May 9, 2013
Eville wrote:
I don't get how you reach that conclusion. It says location/time Phoenix 8:13 for both of them.
<quoted text>
You know what they tried to do and portray, stop posting for your obama doll you liberal liar
or didnt you catch the fake iraq war news either blowhard

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillary Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 19 min Truth is might 10,164
News Clinton blames Republican leaders for a 'paraly... 59 min payme 1,975
News Hillary Clinton speaks in Orlando on her plan f... 3 hr T-REX 7
News News Trump on unarmed Clinton guards: 'Let's se... 4 hr Synque 734
News Pence: Trump will "speak the truth" during debate 5 hr Big Agribusiness 4
News How Lester Holt is Getting Ready for Mondaya s ... 5 hr Gibril Mohamed 5
News GfK poll shows voter distaste for Putin-style l... 5 hr USA Today 12
More from around the web