Carrollton Free Press Standard Letters to the Editor | Mary Ann Marshall

To the Editor: To all who voted for Obama and worked to get him re-elected, it's often said there are two great disappointments in life: 1.) Not getting what you want, and 2.) Getting what you thought you wanted. Full Story
Cindy

Massillon, OH

#21 Dec 8, 2012
Oops, typo, the first sentence should read "Alice, where are you getting the IDEA that Republican ideals say not to help people in need?" NOT ideal. Sorry
Zach DeNardi

Cleveland, OH

#22 Dec 8, 2012
The election is over right? Can't we all just go on a slight vacation until the new year? Just a small one? Please?

“"You're Ok to me"”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#23 Dec 8, 2012
Zach..you are more than welcom to not read or comment.

In fact, I would encourage it until a couple years have passed you feel the much of the damages that will have been done by the current administration. I realise his ideals may have enticing enough for a vote. But can a person REALLY live the American life WITH the ideals he is putting into place? Let us know how you feel in a few years when it hits your purse/bank account/ retirement plan.
Zach DeNardi

Columbus, OH

#24 Dec 9, 2012
It was a joke. Jesus Euro. Calm down.

I, and it looks like the majority of Americans, felt the damages from the last administration, and decided to stay away from that.

And how dare you get to decide what the "American" life is. What a bunch of bull. Americans used to be the ones who evolved and changed, now they are supposed to be stagnant?

Here comes the OMG SOCIALISM COMMUNISM argument.
bakezl

Alliance, OH

#25 Dec 9, 2012
oh please. Go spread your nonsense somewhere else. Obama can control the air now with an executive order? NO ONE CAN CONTROL THE AIR...IT'S AIR! How about we play a little game called do some research before you start spouting stupid things and masquerading them as facts.
Holly

Defiance, OH

#26 Dec 9, 2012
Alice wrote:
You're welcome, Mary Ann. I voted again for Obama but will not go on a diatribe about my reasons. You need to stop listening to Rush Limbaugh or Fox News and actually read. Mitt Romney does not care about you, the Republican Congress does not care about you, so really evaluate who does. What a joke about job opportunities; Romney et al have sent our jobs, our equipment, our patents to China. Mitt Romney wasn't going to worry about 47 percent of Americans because they were getting retirement, Medicare, Medicaid, military pensions (that would be you, Randy), and on and on. Does Congress get medical care? pensions? I am sick of you and Randy who should get together and write a doomsday book (of course it would be fiction).
This is exactly what i'm thinking. Too many people watch and listen to things like Fox and Limbaugh and think that they are being told the unbiased truth.
This letter sounds like it was written by an old tea party conservative,especially the part about Christian values-i got a kick out of that. I found the part at the end about children also funny,i am 14 and i woke up at around 12:30 AM just to see if Obama got re-elected. I wasn't upset,i was ecstatic. I am glad to be living and to be left with what Obama has done
Mary Ann

Marion, OH

#27 Dec 9, 2012
Excellent response Cindy. Welcome to those of us who are NOT willing to become sheeple and have the intelligence to understand what it happening.
Cindy wrote:
To Alice,
What do you have against Randy Miller? That he makes spelling errors? REALLY? That as an educator he is not allowed to reveal his political positions?(Those educators that agree with your point of view are exempt? Have you seen the positions that college professors hold? In recent polls it was 70% called themselves liberal, 90% in prestigious universities) Then you state that he probably spreads his views in the classroom. Do you know that for a fact? Doesn't "probably" mean that you are making an assumption?
"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it -- that that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what.... These are people who pay no income tax.... My job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives." Is this quote you are referring to when you state the 47% figure? I read that and don't see where he is talking about Social Security, Medicare, retirements... people receiving those benefits work for them, they are not ‘given’ to them.
Just because Boehner is Speaker of the House, doesn't mean that all Republicans agree with him on everything. Republicans can and do disagree with the other Republicans. We aren't blinded and in lock-step with whatever they say.
As far as being offended because he wants to discuss things on a golf course, as of 6/17/2012 Obama played 100 rounds of golf. After hearing about the murders in Benghazi he left for a fund raising campaign stop in Las Vegas the next day. He's planning a 21 day Hawaiian vacation when most people can't afford ANY type of vacation. Listen to the people of NJ and how they feel about how he cares about what they are going through now that the election is over. This is a man who cares about people?
Jeremy

Atlanta, GA

#28 Dec 9, 2012
It must be difficult to live with such irrational fear hanging over your head constantly.
Mary Ann

Marion, OH

#29 Dec 9, 2012
Oops - Typo in my previous response (since some are being picky) s/b "what IS happening".
Cindy wrote:
To Alice,
What do you have against Randy Miller? That he makes spelling errors? REALLY? That as an educator he is not allowed to reveal his political positions?(Those educators that agree with your point of view are exempt? Have you seen the positions that college professors hold? In recent polls it was 70% called themselves liberal, 90% in prestigious universities) Then you state that he probably spreads his views in the classroom. Do you know that for a fact? Doesn't "probably" mean that you are making an assumption?
"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it -- that that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what.... These are people who pay no income tax.... My job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives." Is this quote you are referring to when you state the 47% figure? I read that and don't see where he is talking about Social Security, Medicare, retirements... people receiving those benefits work for them, they are not ‘given’ to them.
Just because Boehner is Speaker of the House, doesn't mean that all Republicans agree with him on everything. Republicans can and do disagree with the other Republicans. We aren't blinded and in lock-step with whatever they say.
As far as being offended because he wants to discuss things on a golf course, as of 6/17/2012 Obama played 100 rounds of golf. After hearing about the murders in Benghazi he left for a fund raising campaign stop in Las Vegas the next day. He's planning a 21 day Hawaiian vacation when most people can't afford ANY type of vacation. Listen to the people of NJ and how they feel about how he cares about what they are going through now that the election is over. This is a man who cares about people?
Emily

United States

#30 Dec 9, 2012
Woah this is stupid. I love how the whole country goes up in arms anytime a president takes a vacation. HE HAS THE HARDEST JOB IN THE FREE WORLD. You be a flawless president 24/7 and take NO personal time. I'm sure it'll work out great.
Bill Moore

Loveland, CO

#31 Dec 9, 2012
I only have one thing to say here:

bbwwwhhAHAHAHAHhahahahahahaaaa a

When did this looney escape from the mental ward???
Dan on the Mountain

Denver, CO

#32 Dec 9, 2012
Sir
I have two suggestions for you: firstly, you very much need to expand the sources of information you use to inform yourself, because someone is lying to you; secondly, you need to have more faith in your country. There is no leader or organization capable of destroying the U.S.A - we're far too stubborn and spoiled and in love with our freedom. The only things that can destroy our nation our fear and ignorance, and you are spreading both.
Cat74

Carpentersville, IL

#33 Dec 9, 2012
You are right Dan. Sometimes I think I have become too cynical. Then I read a post like yours, and I believe we will be just fine.
Ms Taxpayer

Dover, OH

#34 Dec 10, 2012
It is pretty obvious that "Alice" is one of the 47 percent that didn't earn her or "his" entitlement, and is extremely defensive due to latent shame.

Alice-"I vote for people who care about people"
Yeah, right. You are voting for your meal ticket, be honest.

If you cared about people or this country you would open your eye and educate yourself. Or if you really want to help, work you ass off and be part of that 2% that supports the 47%. That would help more than your vote.
Darren

Cleveland, OH

#35 Dec 10, 2012
You poor thing, you didn't get what you wanted so you have to cry. You have to understand that this election was so much more than the economy, there were many sensitive issues that were important to many different people. I myself would have voted for Romney had he not voiced his opinions against certain issues. Neither candidate was very good. But I would like to see your proof of voter fraud? Do you not remember the voter fraud of 2000 where a certain President unfairly won the election? I voted for G.W.B the first time(and what came from that administration?) A whole lot of things that ruined the economy in the first place. Wake up! There are a whole lot of people who voted for Obama that is why he won. The Republican party just over looked the percentage (possibly the voters who Mitt viewed as; "Didn't matter!" You blame and point fingers at others, but using the lies that you consider proof is ok? I want you to show written documentation. Maybe if the percentrage of people like you would get along and would try to work with the rest of the country for the benefit of a whole, we might just see this country get back in to shape. You can't change anything now, and neither can we change the past. The important thing is to work together. Stop pointing fingers.
Darren

Cleveland, OH

#36 Dec 10, 2012
So true
bakezl wrote:
oh please. Go spread your nonsense somewhere else. Obama can control the air now with an executive order? NO ONE CAN CONTROL THE AIR...IT'S AIR! How about we play a little game called do some research before you start spouting stupid things and masquerading them as facts.
DPW

Cleveland, OH

#37 Dec 10, 2012
Wow. Talk about crazy. This is military grade loony.
Disdain4BHussein

Mechanicsburg, PA

#38 Dec 10, 2012
Alice wrote:
You're welcome, Mary Ann. I voted again for Obama but will not go on a diatribe about my reasons. You need to stop listening to Rush Limbaugh or Fox News and actually read. Mitt Romney does not care about you, the Republican Congress does not care about you, so really evaluate who does. What a joke about job opportunities; Romney et al have sent our jobs, our equipment, our patents to China. Mitt Romney wasn't going to worry about 47 percent of Americans because they were getting retirement, Medicare, Medicaid, military pensions (that would be you, Randy), and on and on. Does Congress get medical care? pensions? I am sick of you and Randy who should get together and write a doomsday book (of course it would be fiction).
You obviously sold your soul to the devil - BHO - so your little rant means absolutely nothing to the majority of this nation. We all know the Diebold 'election machines' were rigged from the start... this has been known for years. Why do you think there was such a huge push to have them implemented before the 2008 elections?

The man that currently resides in the WH is so out of control with his Executive Orders, there is basically no further need for Congress. He is the epitome of evil and will pay dearly when he stands before God on judgement day! I only wish Congress had the collective balls to begin the impeachment proceedings, just like the last time a worthless Democrat occupied the WH. You know, the same man who implemented NAFTA and systematically pushed all the manufacturing jobs to 3rd world nations. The same 3rd world nations that have human rights violations numbering in the tens of thousands.

Do yourself a favor and never post anything on the internet again... at least until you're able to think for yourself and refrain from posting any information supporting this diseased administration!

Thanks again for perpetuating the cycle that will soon destroy a once-great-nation!
Mary Ann

Marion, OH

#39 Dec 11, 2012
Yes - Obama has literally taken control of our air by using his minions in the EPA to create impossible emission control standards which are forcing the closure of most coal-fired power plants. "I will bankrupt coal companies which will necessarily force electric rates to SKYROCKET" (a direct quote from Obama himself). But, perhaps you don't need to worry about skyrocketing utility bills or thousands of people being put out of work.
bakezl wrote:
oh please. Go spread your nonsense somewhere else. Obama can control the air now with an executive order? NO ONE CAN CONTROL THE AIR...IT'S AIR! How about we play a little game called do some research before you start spouting stupid things and masquerading them as facts.
Mary Ann

Marion, OH

#40 Dec 11, 2012
Thank you sir. As I posted to Cindy, welcome to those of us who are not willing to become sheeple and still have the intelligence and ability to think for ourselves.
Disdain4BHussein wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously sold your soul to the devil - BHO - so your little rant means absolutely nothing to the majority of this nation. We all know the Diebold 'election machines' were rigged from the start... this has been known for years. Why do you think there was such a huge push to have them implemented before the 2008 elections?
The man that currently resides in the WH is so out of control with his Executive Orders, there is basically no further need for Congress. He is the epitome of evil and will pay dearly when he stands before God on judgement day! I only wish Congress had the collective balls to begin the impeachment proceedings, just like the last time a worthless Democrat occupied the WH. You know, the same man who implemented NAFTA and systematically pushed all the manufacturing jobs to 3rd world nations. The same 3rd world nations that have human rights violations numbering in the tens of thousands.
Do yourself a favor and never post anything on the internet again... at least until you're able to think for yourself and refrain from posting any information supporting this diseased administration!
Thanks again for perpetuating the cycle that will soon destroy a once-great-nation!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillary Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Limbaugh: Hillary/Jeb 2016 'The Perfect Ticket' 7 hr uMAkeWOrldPeaceUI... 8
After being impeached in 1998, Clinton said he ... 8 hr We call him gooie... 1
Bought Some Coochie on Backpage... Wed Casa 1
NATO nations: Gadhafi must go (Apr '11) Tue swedenforever 108
Chuck Schumer on Hillary Clinton: 'I'll bet she... Dec 16 Sterkfontein Swar... 10
Can Obama's presidency be saved? Dec 15 fedupwiththemess 945
Clinton on protests: People need to feel everyb... Dec 15 reality is a crutch 2
More from around the web