The art of scandal management

Jan 10, 2014 Full story: The Washington Post 10

All politicians mess up. Some more than others, and some recover better than ever.

Full Story

“Dow hit 18,000 first time ever”

Since: Jun 07

Obama economics at work.

#1 Jan 10, 2014
the art of scandal management is for there too not to be a scandal in the first place... shutting down traffic as a political retribution tactics where an old woman was killed is ridiculous and disgusting but the moment they give immunity to these people who was under Chris Christiethen we'll see the true art managing a political scandal
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#2 Jan 10, 2014
Like not telling the IRS, and the NSA to spy on the American People. And not setting up the gay Ambassador, and his American friends in Benghazi to be massacred. You mean like those scandals. There is nothing Christie, or any other Republican could do to match the filth that permeates the Obama W H. Thank God they will be gone soon enough, and they will spend the next 3 years answering for their incompetence.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#3 Jan 10, 2014
Gov. Christie was so "outraged" that he apparently "forgot" to investigate, but immediately tried to transform his image from "New Jersey tough" to "victim Virgin Mary" casting out the sinners who "betrayed" him, yet narcissistically not the victims of the political vendetta.

We could call this strategy the "victim Virgin Mary." Or perhaps, the "it's not my hand in the cookie jar,'' because of its childlike denial quality. Or perhaps, the "I wasn't really working the cones; I was home working the Nathan's coneys.''
boo ya

United States

#4 Jan 10, 2014
Scandal management is helped considerably by a compliant media......
Cat74

Barrington, IL

#5 Jan 10, 2014
Christie likely could overcome this little todo if he was a Democrat. This bridge thing is Corrupt Chicago politics 101. But as a Republican all the crying, and whining will not help him. We expect better from our leadership. He is as successful as he will ever be. He is Governor. So be it.
Dorian

East Weymouth, MA

#6 Jan 10, 2014
Hmm...The Truth takes only a few words to communicate.....on the other hand, a lie needs a long laborious story, filled with pathos, denials, blame, shock that anyone could possibly believe that a fine upstanding, well loved and admired politician, could possibly put his own needs and ambitions before the people whom he, with great bluster, professes to serve with humility and caring. He can profess that he is NOT a BULLY, and then throw a women under the bus...yeah, a lie takes two hours plus to weave a story of denial! The truth and only the truth never needs a diatribe...it always rings true!.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#7 Jan 10, 2014
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
the art of scandal management is for there too not to be a scandal in the first place... shutting down traffic as a political retribution tactics where an old woman was killed is ridiculous and disgusting but the moment they give immunity to these people who was under Chris Christiethen we'll see the true art managing a political scandal
Record Number of Women Not In Labor Force...

Growth slumps...

Slowest in three years...

1,500 people camp out for chance to apply for job...

'For Every One Job Added, Nearly 5 People Left the Workforce'

MSNBC:'Awful,''Very bad,''Ugly'...

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#8 Jan 10, 2014
kuda wrote:
Gov. Christie was so "outraged" that he apparently "forgot" to investigate, but immediately tried to transform his image from "New Jersey tough" to "victim Virgin Mary" casting out the sinners who "betrayed" him, yet narcissistically not the victims of the political vendetta.
We could call this strategy the "victim Virgin Mary." Or perhaps, the "it's not my hand in the cookie jar,'' because of its childlike denial quality. Or perhaps, the "I wasn't really working the cones; I was home working the Nathan's coneys.''
92 MILLION AMERICANS NOT IN LABOR FORCE, Obama's recovery..........what a hoot.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#9 Jan 11, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
Christie likely could overcome this little todo if he was a Democrat..
Catboy, I would guess Fuxxxie would make this their latest scandal if Christie was a democrat and they would be like fleas on a dog. This should not be about what party Christie belongs to but whether he was involved in this issue. If you keep politics out of it, perhaps you can be more rational.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#10 Jan 12, 2014
There is another art that should be called "the art of scandal
invention." The Republicans are good at it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillary Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Jeb Bush 'evolving' on same-sex marriage and... 57 min Mykro 5
Can Obama's presidency be saved? 17 hr spocko 1,890
Fiorina VS Clinton Former Ceo blasts Hillary ov... 18 hr Le Jimbo 45
Time for the West to step up against Putin's Uk... 20 hr EMBARGO NAZI RUSSIA 2
Hillary Clinton focusing on gender themes Thu Eleanor 14
Carly Fiorina, eyeing 2016, reboots, takes aim ... Thu Eleanor 1
Climate change bill faces uphill battle Thu Your Ex 21
More from around the web