Trumped Up Charges?Mexico Making an E...

Trumped Up Charges?Mexico Making an Example Out of Marine, Lawyer Says

There are 113 comments on the Fox News story from Dec 14, 2012, titled Trumped Up Charges?Mexico Making an Example Out of Marine, Lawyer Says. In it, Fox News reports that:

A Marine languishing in a Mexican prison on what his supporters call a trumped up gun charge was made an example by an overzealous prosecutor in a case that begged for discretion, his lawyer said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox News.

ima

El Paso, TX

#86 Dec 20, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I moved last year from New York to southern Arizona, and I won't go near the Mexican border, and would never consider crossing it either.
very smart unfortunately there will always be those that pay no head to the warnings or that think IT WOULDN'T HAPPEN TO THEM, then they find themselves in a living nightmare....a nightmare of no return to reality or one ending in death. It's hard to believe that all this is going on right next door to El Paso. Can't help but wonder what 5-8 years from now will be like in their country.
Badtothebone

Shirley, NY

#87 Dec 21, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do miss Long Island a lot because I was born and raised there, lived there for more tahn 50 years, and owned my own home there for more then 25 years.
But the damn politicians there ahve made Long island UNAFFORDABLE for people of modest means, and the winter weather in New York was the last straw. So I moved so warmer climes. And since the population growth has been explosive here during the past 10 years, you meet plenty of people from New York, New Jersy, and other people on the East Coast.
If you go to Google Earth, and enter Coolidge, AZ you can loot at digital images of Coolidge and the surrounding areas to get afeel for the area.
The house I'm in is really beautiful, and the rent is cheap.
Here's a video on youtube of the house I'm in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PhkAgaTG0TYXX

Very nice house, good luck with it! I understand what you're saying about the cost of living here and what it's like trying to make ends meet. It doesn't help when your company tells you that you're at the top of your pay grade and you don't get a raise for two years and I'm talking about a multi billion company not some mom and pop shop. They changed my grade to a higher one last year so I'm curious to see what happens this year and what bs excuse they come up with. We used to get a $20.00 gift certificate for a Butterball turkey, this year we got a $10.00 certificate for Starbucks! No more Christmas partys or family gatherings during the summer, nothing! They took everything away including our pension plan and reduced the quality of our medical where we have a $5000.00 cap before the insurance kicks in 80%. More than 50% of my salary goes towards paying taxes and kicking in for medical benefits. I pay over $100.00 per week towards medical, dental, and eye care.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#88 Dec 21, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I was living in Oro Valley (about 6 miles north of Tucson) from last December until this October. Beautiful town and very green with a lot of plam trees there. If you're in a populated area, it's very green. The only reason I didn't stay in Oro Valley like I wanted to, is that it's ratehr ritzy, and I couldn't afford a house there.:(
Yeah, i noticed the only truly green areas, were those where the people could afford to water constantly....otherwise i found much of the southwest, a bit too barren and desolate....at least for me, but i am glad you've found happiness there.....Loved Old Tucson, while we were there, they were shooting a movie with Kirk Douglass.....
ima

El Paso, TX

#89 Dec 21, 2012
Badtothebone wrote:
<quoted text>
Very nice house, good luck with it! I understand what you're saying about the cost of living here and what it's like trying to make ends meet. It doesn't help when your company tells you that you're at the top of your pay grade and you don't get a raise for two years and I'm talking about a multi billion company not some mom and pop shop. They changed my grade to a higher one last year so I'm curious to see what happens this year and what bs excuse they come up with. We used to get a $20.00 gift certificate for a Butterball turkey, this year we got a $10.00 certificate for Starbucks! No more Christmas partys or family gatherings during the summer, nothing! They took everything away including our pension plan and reduced the quality of our medical where we have a $5000.00 cap before the insurance kicks in 80%. More than 50% of my salary goes towards paying taxes and kicking in for medical benefits. I pay over $100.00 per week towards medical, dental, and eye care.
thanks to the present dictatorship, we're all going downhill at non stop alarming speed.

Location hidden

#90 Dec 21, 2012
ima wrote:
<quoted text> thanks to the present dictatorship, we're all going downhill at non stop alarming speed.
Don't worry...in 2014, those traitorous House republican's are getting voted out of office....Thank God......Our national disgrace will be over....

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#91 Dec 21, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Don't worry...in 2014, those traitorous House republican's are getting voted out of office....Thank God......Our national disgrace will be over....
Care to explain why the American people gave them a MAJORITY of teh seats in the House Of Representatives, and a MAJORITY of the seats in teh state legislatures and a MAJORITY of teh Gubernatorial seats if they are so unpopular ?

Location hidden

#92 Dec 21, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to explain why the American people gave them a MAJORITY of teh seats in the House Of Representatives, and a MAJORITY of the seats in teh state legislatures and a MAJORITY of teh Gubernatorial seats if they are so unpopular ?
Because it took awhile for Americans to learn, how disasterous the tea party experiment would be, just like it did for the GOP.....BTW, that majority is smaller than before this last election....in 2014, it will be a minority....i just love using republicans and minority, in the same sentence...lol...don't you?
Bob Lewis

AOL

#93 Dec 21, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Don't worry...in 2014, those traitorous House republican's are getting voted out of office....Thank God......Our national disgrace will be over....
How sad that the spineless Obama crowd lets' this American Marine languish in a filthy Third World Dump like Mexico. What a pitiful excuse for a President. What a pitiful excuse for an American!!!

Location hidden

#94 Dec 21, 2012
BTW, CNN and Fox are reporting, the Marine is getting out....

Location hidden

#95 Dec 21, 2012
Bob Lewis wrote:
<quoted text>
How sad that the spineless Obama crowd lets' this American Marine languish in a filthy Third World Dump like Mexico. What a pitiful excuse for a President. What a pitiful excuse for an American!!!
...LOL...Say what?.....lol.....bad timing, eh?....

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#96 Dec 21, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Because it took awhile for Americans to learn, how disasterous the tea party experiment would be, just like it did for the GOP.....BTW, that majority is smaller than before this last election....in 2014, it will be a minority....i just love using republicans and minority, in the same sentence...lol...don't you?
Your post is nonsense. If The Obamaniac and his Democratic cohorts and minions are so popular and have the backing of the American people, then why have the American people insisted on a Republican MAJORITY in the House for FOUR YEARS, and MAJORITIES in the state legislatures and gubernatorial seats ?

If the American people really favor democrats and their reckless irresponsible spending, wouldn't hey vote the DEMOCRATS into the MAJORITY ???
ima

El Paso, TX

#97 Dec 21, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post is nonsense. If The Obamaniac and his Democratic cohorts and minions are so popular and have the backing of the American people, then why have the American people insisted on a Republican MAJORITY in the House for FOUR YEARS, and MAJORITIES in the state legislatures and gubernatorial seats ?
If the American people really favor democrats and their reckless irresponsible spending, wouldn't hey vote the DEMOCRATS into the MAJORITY ???
All right Fa-Foxy, I'm with you all the way!
ima

El Paso, TX

#98 Dec 21, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
BTW, CNN and Fox are reporting, the Marine is getting out....
It was O reily's hard work and pressure that has him coming home NO THANKS TO THE DICK in the WH. He could care less for any of our service people as he showed us in Benghazi! I suppose CNN is saying it was the dictator's doing that has him coming home, wouldn't put it passed them to try and lie about this. O' Reily had promised that FOX wasn't going to let up on this and were going to pressure Mexico into releasing him.....so FOX and O'Reily BROUGHT HIM BACK!! I love, FOX, THEY AREN'T AFRAID TO REPORT THE REAL TRUTH!!!!

Location hidden

#99 Dec 21, 2012
....LOL.....
Badtothebone

Shirley, NY

#100 Dec 21, 2012
ima wrote:
<quoted text> thanks to the present dictatorship, we're all going downhill at non stop alarming speed.

I hear you, I already made it to the bottom.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#101 Dec 21, 2012
Badtothebone wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you, I already made it to the bottom.
You were forced to join The Democratic Party, huh ?

My condolences.
Badtothebone

Shirley, NY

#102 Dec 21, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
You were forced to join The Democratic Party, huh ?
My condolences.
LOL, no not at all, I just got caught up in the whirlpool when the toilet was flushed. I'm what you would call a victim of circumstance. However I did like your come back, very good!! I get up every morning, go to work, earn a respectable salary, pay my taxes, and try to make the best of life. Unfortunately this isn't satisfactory for our polititions and they want to stick a needle in my arm and take my blood also. It's not just me, I think the general population across the country feels the same way. There is absolutely no reason why people in the most powerful and rich country in the world go to bed hungry and yet billions are sent to countries who want to kill us. I better quit now before I get myself into a frenzy.
Sirius

San Miguel Allende, Mexico

#103 Dec 21, 2012
Sorry for meddling a little...

C'on Battothebone... please get in a frenzy!! What are internet forums for, but to have a little of fun and share our thoughts?

:)*smile*

Regards.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#104 Dec 21, 2012
Badtothebone wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, no not at all, I just got caught up in the whirlpool when the toilet was flushed. I'm what you would call a victim of circumstance. However I did like your come back, very good!! I get up every morning, go to work, earn a respectable salary, pay my taxes, and try to make the best of life. Unfortunately this isn't satisfactory for our polititions and they want to stick a needle in my arm and take my blood also. It's not just me, I think the general population across the country feels the same way. There is absolutely no reason why people in the most powerful and rich country in the world go to bed hungry and yet billions are sent to countries who want to kill us. I better quit now before I get myself into a frenzy.
Well, I owned my own home in Patchogue for more than 25 years, and I had planne don dying there. But the damn taxes unfortunately finally forced me to leave.:(

Houses and taxes are very cheap here in southern Arizona and the weather hit 70 degrees here today.:)
Badtothebone

Shirley, NY

#105 Dec 21, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I owned my own home in Patchogue for more than 25 years, and I had planne don dying there. But the damn taxes unfortunately finally forced me to leave.:(
Houses and taxes are very cheap here in southern Arizona and the weather hit 70 degrees here today.:)
Gee thanks for mentioning the nice weather you're having. LOL
Today it was cold here with heavy rain and wind.
I owned a beautiful 2600 sq ft Victorian home in Manorville with
1 1/2 acres near the Rock Hill golf course. I had to sell it because it was getting to be to much to handle and I was falling behind in payments. It was my dream house and I still miss it today. I was paying $7000.00 a year in taxes and that was about 12 years ago. I can't imagine what they are today and it doesn't help when you work for a company that thinks you make enough and doesn't give a yearly raise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillary Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Biden faces hurdles as he weighs late 2016 bid 3 hr Ditat Deus 6
News Hillary Clinton to make September trip to Cinci... 3 hr car007 109
News Poll: Trump now in play for general election 4 hr WelbyMD 170
News 'Anchor baby' fight scrambles Republican field 4 hr taletha 135
News Hillary Clinton: Confederate Flag 'Shouldn't Fl... 5 hr rebel111 282
News Draft Biden holds DNC meeting briefings 9 hr SirPrize 5
News Hillary Clinton offers late apology for email s... 9 hr SirPrize 5
More from around the web