Trumped Up Charges?Mexico Making an Example Out of Marine, Lawyer Says

Full story: Fox News 113
A Marine languishing in a Mexican prison on what his supporters call a trumped up gun charge was made an example by an overzealous prosecutor in a case that begged for discretion, his lawyer said. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
KeepGitmoOpen

Allentown, PA

#2 Dec 14, 2012
this is a disgrace! Where is obama? Where is our state dept?
ima

El Paso, TX

#3 Dec 14, 2012
STOP ALL AID TO MEXICO NOW!!!!! DEPORT ALL ILLEGALS WITH THEIR/DAMNED ANCHORS
Marine

Fort Worth, TX

#5 Dec 14, 2012
Apparently you have to get 25,000 signatures on a petition before Obama and our Gov't will care enough to get a AMERICAN VETERAN told by AMERICAN CUSTOMS AGENTS that he was ok to take the shotgun into Mexico with the correct paper work and paid the fee back home to his family...
ima

El Paso, TX

#6 Dec 14, 2012
KeepGitmoOpen wrote:
this is a disgrace! Where is obama? Where is our state dept?
he didn't care about the four Americans in Benghazi, one marine in Mexico is not anymore important, sad but true. He sure as hell took care of his illegal aunt and drunk uncle....didn't he?
Concerned

Chihuahua, Mexico

#7 Dec 15, 2012
Attorney's in Mexico take your money and then never follow through on anything. If you give money up front to them, you can kiss it goodbye most of the time. I am dealing with that now. I literally paid them and they do not even return phone calls. It is really a joke. But this is the way things work in Mexico.

I saw on TV where a woman was smuggling a man into the USA in her van. She also had her children with her. They interviewed her and and made her return back to Mexico. Because of the kids had with her they figured that was the best thing to do. They do it with illegals crossing the border. They take their information and return them. They do not give them this kind of treatment.

The USA has sent lawyers to Mexico for free to teach them how to prosecute criminals. But they apparently cannot teach compassion and reasoning. Thousands and thousands that are caught breaking Americas customs laws are are returned every year at great cost and expense to tax payers. But an American makes an honest mistake with no intention on breaking the law and he is put into hell. Where is justice.

Mexico is not acting like they are Americas friend in this incident. Americans should be blocking the incoming lanes of the ports of entry and not letting cars drive into the USA until this stops. Get the Marines to do it. Block the posts of entry also for the big commercial trucks that are coming through.

This is just a show of greed on their part. He tried to do the right thing. The Mexicans crossing the border each day illegally are not trying to do the right thing, but all they get is a free meal, and a slap on the wrist, sent home and then they return to try it again. Go figure!
Concerned

Chihuahua, Mexico

#8 Dec 15, 2012
ima wrote:
<quoted text> he didn't care about the four Americans in Benghazi, one marine in Mexico is not anymore important, sad but true. He sure as hell took care of his illegal aunt and drunk uncle....didn't he?
I usually do not mark comments on this forum with agree or disagree marks. But in this case I am to doing it. It is a joke!
Badtothebone

Shirley, NY

#9 Dec 15, 2012
Concerned wrote:
Attorney's in Mexico take your money and then never follow through on anything. If you give money up front to them, you can kiss it goodbye most of the time. I am dealing with that now. I literally paid them and they do not even return phone calls. It is really a joke. But this is the way things work in Mexico.
I saw on TV where a woman was smuggling a man into the USA in her van. She also had her children with her. They interviewed her and and made her return back to Mexico. Because of the kids had with her they figured that was the best thing to do. They do it with illegals crossing the border. They take their information and return them. They do not give them this kind of treatment.
The USA has sent lawyers to Mexico for free to teach them how to prosecute criminals. But they apparently cannot teach compassion and reasoning. Thousands and thousands that are caught breaking Americas customs laws are are returned every year at great cost and expense to tax payers. But an American makes an honest mistake with no intention on breaking the law and he is put into hell. Where is justice.
Mexico is not acting like they are Americas friend in this incident. Americans should be blocking the incoming lanes of the ports of entry and not letting cars drive into the USA until this stops. Get the Marines to do it. Block the posts of entry also for the big commercial trucks that are coming through.
This is just a show of greed on their part. He tried to do the right thing. The Mexicans crossing the border each day illegally are not trying to do the right thing, but all they get is a free meal, and a slap on the wrist, sent home and then they return to try it again. Go figure!
ALL, I repeat ALL, of Mexico is corrupt from the top down. By that I mean from their president down to the lowest farmer. They will do anything necessary to make an extra peso and this has been going on forever. This is a way of life for them, this is what they do and it will be impossible to stop it unless the entire race was obliterated and started over from scratch.
Concerned

Chihuahua, Mexico

#10 Dec 15, 2012
Badtothebone wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL, I repeat ALL, of Mexico is corrupt from the top down. By that I mean from their president down to the lowest farmer. They will do anything necessary to make an extra peso and this has been going on forever. This is a way of life for them, this is what they do and it will be impossible to stop it unless the entire race was obliterated and started over from scratch.
There are a lot of problems here. Some times I grit my teeth at some of the things I see and hear. Especially news like this poor guy. But there are a lot of really good people here that would like to see their country rise to bigger and better things. Even poor people that would give you the shirt off their back.

The new elect President is looking to enact the death penalty. Every good Mexican I talk to here is in favor of that. So am I. Hard to get rid of the vicious criminals around the world fast enough. They have too many laws to protect their rights, even after they killed someone and took away their rights, and of course the biggest one, the right to live.
simi valley

Simi Valley, CA

#11 Dec 15, 2012
what is it you dont understand when you enter mexico the sign saya NO WEAPONS illegal in mexico, because the border patrol told you so they were llllluaghing look at this fool .. they do not work or mexico
Sirius

Apaseo El Grande, Mexico

#12 Dec 15, 2012
Badtothebone wrote:
<quoted text>
Badtothebone, you seem to have a VERY negative vision of us Mexicans. Really, very bad.

I really wander WHY do you think like us that way, because you - I admit notice it just now - live in NY. New York is not the place were you could find really much Mexicans. You find there Porto Ricans and Dominicans, some Cubans and South Americans, and at the end, yes, some Mexicans.

Being from a cosmopolite city, I wonder if you yourself could not be a Latino of some sort, because this kind of aversion I think that is somehow rare to find in an average white person of a cosmopolite city... much more, a city with not a particulary large number of Mexicans. But here you are, devoted to this forum. Why don't you go to chase, say, Pakistanis or "Arab terrorists", or whatever? Why Mexicans?

Please be honest and tell us your story. We listen.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#13 Dec 18, 2012
What's the problem?

He tried to illegally smuggle arms into the country and they locked the criminal scum up.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#15 Dec 18, 2012
Mexico is one of THE MOST CORRUPT, CRIME-RIDDEN, DANGEROUS countries on the planet. Anybody who goes there is an IDIOT ! And WHY did he bring this shotgun with him in the first place ?!

I hope he gets out soon, but his own stupidity put him where he is.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#16 Dec 18, 2012
send in seal team 6, and get him out...NOW!
Badtothebone

Shirley, NY

#17 Dec 18, 2012
Sirius wrote:
<quoted text>
Badtothebone, you seem to have a VERY negative vision of us Mexicans. Really, very bad.
I really wander WHY do you think like us that way, because you - I admit notice it just now - live in NY. New York is not the place were you could find really much Mexicans. You find there Porto Ricans and Dominicans, some Cubans and South Americans, and at the end, yes, some Mexicans.
Being from a cosmopolite city, I wonder if you yourself could not be a Latino of some sort, because this kind of aversion I think that is somehow rare to find in an average white person of a cosmopolite city... much more, a city with not a particulary large number of Mexicans. But here you are, devoted to this forum. Why don't you go to chase, say, Pakistanis or "Arab terrorists", or whatever? Why Mexicans?
I was born in New York, my parents were born in New York, my grand parents were born in New York. Do you see where I am going with this? Do you see how "I" got here? Do you think this would make me an American citizen? Now, let's take a Mexican who just crossed the border illegally and he is standing next to me demanding the same rights I have.(Close your eyes and picture this in your mind.) He wants my job, my medical benefits, my house, etc. This Mexican and I are standing in front of someone who has to make the decision as to who gets what, me or the Mexican. Who do you think he should choose and why. Oh by the way, my mothers mother came here from Germany. She went to Ellis Island in New York, and entered the United States legally. She learned to speak English so Americans could understand her unlike Mexicans who continus to speak Spanish and expect me to learn their language. If you're Mexican and want to be here, do it the way my grandmother did and wait your turn. If you make it in, learn to do things the way we do it and speak English. Now, I'm waiting for your answer.
Concerned

Chihuahua, Mexico

#18 Dec 18, 2012
I can read wrote:
What's the problem?
He tried to illegally smuggle arms into the country and they locked the criminal scum up.
If you read some of the articles he actually stopped at the border, went in and claimed it and asked what he needed to do to cross it legally to his next destination. I did the same thing about 25 years ago. They turned me around back then. I got to keep my gun also. Naive, I will say yes. I guess I was very lucky. I too told them, because I did not want any problems. It did not work for this guy. They also did not have the brutal cartels extorting and kidnapping people back then like now. So I actually probably would have been safer in the prisons back then. I was carrying a pistol.
Concerned

Chihuahua, Mexico

#19 Dec 18, 2012
Sirius wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly Sirius. You have a very negative words to say about Northern Mexicans in your posts. The Northern Mexicans have very poor words to say about the Southern Mexicans. I saw bumper stickers here in Chihuahua that said "make you day, Kill a Chilango". They say that Mexicans from D.F., Mexico are not to be trusted, they are corrupt and fast talkers.

Why would you think that there would be people in the USA that would not be racist against Mexicans in light of what is happening. I am not. I live in Mexico and my friends, wife and family here are Mexican. So I would say do act so surprised. The Mexicans are racist towards the Indians here and make many bad comments. So you need to open your eyes. Not all Americans feel that way but many are.

You act like bomb Mexico is some strange phenomenon. The only Mexicans he has to deal with, not Mexican Americans(many)are wreaking havoc there on the system. They are making it bad for the ones that are trying to do things right.

Also you said in one of your posts that you are trying to be patriotic even in spite of all the death and corruption. I guess there were a lot of patriots and followers of Germany and Hitler when he was killing the Jewish people. But that does not make it right.

When the USA had a problem with the Blacks, and wanting to free the slaves. Americans actually went to war! To do what was right. Americans have more rights and freedoms then people in Mexico, and it is safer. 91.8 percent of people here do not report crimes. Wonder why? You know and so do eye. Americans are patriotic but let the government step on the too hard and not represent them like they deserve and things can happen. Just like people in the Arabic countries fighting for their rights. They are not patriotic when it comes to suppression and tyranny. Look at all the Human rights violations in China. Americans have it better in the USA then Mexicans in Mexico. If not they would not try to leave and not come back. Americans are not flooding to Mexico by the millions. It is the other way around! For the South and Central Americans Mexico is just a bus stop to go North for bigger and better things.

At what point do you speak up against your government, like the reporter in the article and the others that have been killed trying to do so. Trying to speak up about the atrocities, and the obvious massive problems that effect the wonderful people in Mexico. They want Mexico to be better for Mexicans. Patriotism at some point has to waiver. In Mexico it way past the waiver point. The people here need a government that will protect them and not be part of the problem.

Americans are not afraid to speak out about their government and reporters will not be killed for doing so. You cannot do that in Mexico. Human rights activists here sign their own death warrants for speaking out. The government kills them.

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2012/12/murdere...

Where is your outrage! Or are you like the patriots and followers of Hitler?

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

#20 Dec 18, 2012
Badtothebone wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born in New York, my parents were born in New York, my grand parents were born in New York. Do you see where I am going with this? Do you see how "I" got here? Do you think this would make me an American citizen? Now, let's take a Mexican who just crossed the border illegally and he is standing next to me demanding the same rights I have.(Close your eyes and picture this in your mind.) He wants my job, my medical benefits, my house, etc. This Mexican and I are standing in front of someone who has to make the decision as to who gets what, me or the Mexican. Who do you think he should choose and why. Oh by the way, my mothers mother came here from Germany. She went to Ellis Island in New York, and entered the United States legally. She learned to speak English so Americans could understand her unlike Mexicans who continus to speak Spanish and expect me to learn their language. If you're Mexican and want to be here, do it the way my grandmother did and wait your turn. If you make it in, learn to do things the way we do it and speak English. Now, I'm waiting for your answer.
Don't call me Shirley !

HA ! i LOVE that joke !

ROFL !

:)

(I'm from Patchogue and just moved here recently.:))
Bomb Mexico

Pismo Beach, CA

#21 Dec 18, 2012
Sirius wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole world has a very bad vision of Mexicans and theres plenty of reasons why.Mexicans bring it on themselves.Mexicans are a cancer world wide and need to be destroyed from the ground up.Mexicans are a disease and need to be destroyed at once.Nothing good comes out of Mexico.Mexicans are all spawns of satan.This thing with the marine is just one example.Americans need to do this to all illegal Mexican terrorists here in America.Mexicans are evil devils with no value of human life,just think of themselves.All illegals from Mexico need to be deported back to Mexico in a pine box.You all are animals and the enemy of America and the rest of the world.Rot in hell,ungrateful Mexican criminals.
Dumbest Guy On Planet

Monrovia, CA

#22 Dec 18, 2012
How stupid is this guy to bring a gun to Mexico? Darwin award candidate here...

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

#23 Dec 18, 2012
Dumbest Guy On Planet wrote:
How stupid is this guy to bring a gun to Mexico? Darwin award candidate here...
I agree. Merely going to Mexico at all is a chancy affair. It's one of the most corrupt and dangerous countries on Terra.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillary Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bill Clinton: Gender and Racial Politics - Grea... 4 hr Xstain Mullah Aroma 108
Obama to Campaign for Gubernatorial Candidate i... 13 hr foodforthought 1
Michele Bachmann: Obama Won Because He's Black ... (Feb '14) 16 hr mjjcpa 352
Man's own dog helps police bust him on drug charge 17 hr Go Blue Forever 1
Romney Leads Scattered 2016 GOP Field, Clinton ... Wed Go Blue Forever 86
The tiebreaker: Biden's new role if Senate... Wed Ace McMillan 1
Jindal, Warren to campaign in Ky.'s senate race Wed Le Duped 2

Hillary Clinton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE