High-tech border project said ready for use

Feb 22, 2008 Full story: www.reuters.com 349

A high-tech "virtual fence" on part of the U.S. border with Mexico is finally ready for service and the technology can fight illegal crossings all along the frontier, the Homeland Security chief said on Friday.

Full Story
duh huh

United States

#213 Feb 23, 2008
PSL wrote:
This isn't going to do any good. The corrupt government is bound and determined to have
open borders for the benefit of big business.
The US will never be the same and I guess we
better get used to the fact.
people like you who don't know how to stand up and fight for your american given right make me sick . get off your lazy butt and call your congressman ,governor etc and complain . let them know you will not stand for it and if they vote for anything you are against that they will not be in office long. 300 + million americans all have a voice . all have the right to say enough is enough . if you want to lay down how about moving out while you are at it .
who to call

Dover, NJ

#214 Feb 23, 2008
When reporting an illegal alien or businesses that hire illegal aliens, what organization would need to be informed?
Enforce the Law

Lewisville, TX

#215 Feb 23, 2008
CA Native wrote:
<quoted text>
anyone looking to have a new home built better hurry before the illegals get caught and sent back.
I can remember when it was white folks that built houses. It wasn't that long ago, but who wants to compete with slave labor?

Since: Oct 07

Fort Worth, TX

#216 Feb 23, 2008
CA Native wrote:
<quoted text>
anyone looking to have a new home built better hurry before the illegals get caught and sent back.
Wrong! They should only contract with an honest law abiding contractor. Anyone who would hire illegals would also steal from the home owner. Dishonesty is never justifiable. It is merely a means to an end. It is a way of life, it is a major character flaw.

okbuilder in topix only hires legal workers and does quite nicely. Yep, it is all about honesty and character.
Stir it up

United States

#217 Feb 23, 2008
Call ICE--they no longer accept E-Mail or text-message tips, due to spam.
The number is 1-866-347-2423!
Duh huh is right, if the good moves out, the bad will invade the vacated area and corrupt it the rest of the way!
Enforce the Law is also right, what the hell did we do for the century or so BEFORE we bordered with Mexico? Buildings got built, and without even electricity or gas-powered tools and/or machines to help, let alone invading scum doing it "for" us!
It's not cheap, the cost is just defrayed to ALL the taxpayers, not just the "owners" of the invaders! WE pay for their "free" health-care, WE pay for their housing, and the diseases they spread, as well as the litter they leave--everywhere--WE pay for the schools they overcrowd, and in some cases, DEMAND an already underfunded system split in half--one half going to teach in the invaders' own language, just in case we haven't made enough concessions! And WE pay for the extra cops to (try to) stop their drunken and/or drug-fueled violence across the nation...and they also lead the nation in drunk driving!
As now TWO posters have compared them to slaves, they may well be, BUT in this "new slavery", the owner doesn't have to pay for anything! In the 1800s version, the owner not only had to pay for the slave(s), but was responsible for their feeding, clothing, health-care, even any damages they caused! Any attempt to go back to that would cause the NAACP to tie us up in court for two MORE centuries, but this "new" slavery hurts us all physically, financially, and socially, instead of just the "slaves" and their owners...
And the new "slaves" came here VOLUNTARILY against America's will, not sold by their compatriots, which invalidates the whole comparison! They aren't slaves, they're invaders, breeders, conquerors...Something between cancer, plague-rats, and locusts, with the worst parts of each, yet demanding to be treated with the RIGHTS of humans, without taking on the RESPONSIBILITIES of humans!
You can either choose to accept that, or choose to fight it, and embolden and help those who also fight the invading evil!
Jerry Seinfeld

Newark, CA

#218 Feb 23, 2008
Enforce the Law wrote:
<quoted text>
I can remember when it was white folks that built houses. It wasn't that long ago, but who wants to compete with slave labor?
... and they were built better then. Now, it seems like a majority of housing developments have problems & lawsuits caused by lousy labor during the construction process.
Stir it up

United States

#219 Feb 23, 2008
I believe as a condition of "amnesty", illegals should be neutered, to prove they don't want to inflict FURTHER resource-drains on America, by having the US provide natal care, education, medication, and ultimately incarceration for their broods.
And here's the link to the report about Hispanics and drunk-driving.
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp...
who to call

Dover, NJ

#220 Feb 23, 2008
Thank you, Stir it up.

Since: Dec 06

Warrenville, IL

#221 Feb 23, 2008
who to call wrote:
When reporting an illegal alien or businesses that hire illegal aliens, what organization would need to be informed?
Call 1-800-DHS4-ICE
Disgusted

Anniston, AL

#222 Feb 24, 2008
Why should any Government JOB require the Employees speak Spanish?

There is NO REASONS unless they are Employed/Paid as Interrupters SAME as Interrupters for other Languages.

This BS that the Border Patrol HAS TO SPEAK SPEAK SPANISH is PLAIN BS.

The only SPANISH WORDS they need to know is STOP, PUT YOUR HANDS UP and LAY DOWN WITH HAND IN VIEW, DO NOT MOVE.

The objective should be STOP THEM from crossing the BORDER not PLAY COP with them AFTER THEY DO.

Fire the Border Patrol Chief and put NONE SPEAKING SPANISH Border Guards on the Mexican Border and the Active Duty Military with orders no one crosses except at authorized crossing points.

IT is PLAIN silly to let them cross the Border then PLAY COP, BABY THEM, waste money on courts, medical care and put up with crap from Mexican Government Official about their treatment.

Stop them from crossing the Border using WHATEVER IT TAKES and stop the BS that USA Government Employees like Border Patrol be required to speak Spanish---this it the USA NOT MEXICO.

Not every Illegal Alien Crossing the Border Speak Spanish---SO WHY BABY THE ONES THAT DOES!!!!

Build a Double Fence the entire Length of the Mexican Border and not some BS of Cameras etc to take pictures of Illegal Aliens as they go their merry way crossing the Border, maybe catch a few to play cop with--SPEAKING THEIR SPANISH-- prior to their release in the USA or Deported so they can come RIGHT BACK.

Since: Feb 08

Grants Pass, OR

#223 Feb 24, 2008
This is a virtual farce, the infrastructure for such a thing would involved a massive grid of lasers not there, with cameras not there, with infrared sensors not there, with power stations for the grid not there, and border agents in jail not there, so whos going after these illegals when they virtually walk throught the virtual fence? Smells like virtual crap to me.........ready to use my ass.....I'm going in for a closer look with my own eyes.
The Dude

Allentown, PA

#224 Feb 24, 2008
Dooled

Indonesia

#225 Feb 24, 2008
Wohin gehen Sie heute ? Was sage Ich ?

Since: Apr 07

Columbus, OH

#226 Feb 24, 2008
Dooled wrote:
Wohin gehen Sie heute ? Was sage Ich ?
Ich bin in Indiana, warum fragst Du?

It's not nice to speak a language other than english on this Topix.

Warrenville, IL

#227 Feb 24, 2008
Indyeast wrote:
<quoted text>
Ich bin in Indiana, warum fragst Du?
It's not nice to speak a language other than english on this Topix.
It does make me wonder why are there no signs at the welfare office in German? Only Spanish and a couple in english as well.

“Reduce immigration levels”

Kings Mountain, NC

#228 Feb 24, 2008
The deadbeat dad victim

Brooklyn, NY

#229 Feb 24, 2008
illegals are not refused foodstamps EVER. WE single "working" mothers however must wait to be approved.It could be up to a month with no food, for needy American families. But hey if you have an accent and a boxcutter..your eatting steak tonight! Ya know I would like a job the illegals have . I would be your gardener, your ditch digger,your nanny....Im not proud ..I want to support MY family in MY country!
The deadbeat dad victim

Brooklyn, NY

#230 Feb 24, 2008
This fence wont do any good its all fluff.. I know 4 places in upstate ny where I can WALK across to Canada just as easily as I can walk into a state park. And we do .
Silver Dollar

Seattle, WA

#231 Feb 24, 2008
GIMME A BREAK wrote:
<quoted text>
WHO WOULD PUT OUT THE GREASE FIRE?
Good point, I never thought of that.

Maybe the idea of having teens using their computers to shoot illegals with remote control machine guns set up along the border is the way to go afterall.
good to me

Junction City, KS

#232 Feb 24, 2008
we just need to admit the only thing that is going to work is a large fence and deadly force. if you make the fines bigger the government will just let the business cry and lower the fines just like the epa does. hey it's real simple build the wall make 10 to 12 entry points, if you don't come thru these entry points you get shot. and then bill the mexican government for the ammo. amd burial and if they don't pay put a lien on there country and then annex it and call it lower south L.A.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillary Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MSNBC's Rachel Maddow Can't Contain Excitement ... 5 min Le Jimbo 56
Mitt Romney to update allies Friday about 2016 ... 12 min woodtick57 4
Can Obama's presidency be saved? 50 min positronium 1,623
Time for the West to step up against Putin's Uk... 1 hr EMBARGO NAZI RUSSIA 1
Romney to tell supporters his 2016 plans 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 13
Dem says Clinton agrees to testify on Benghazi 3 hr Kahoki 31
With State of the Union, Obama sets agenda ... ... 6 hr Responsibility 161
More from around the web