Obama taps senior diplomat as Malaysi...

Obama taps senior diplomat as Malaysia...

There are 45 comments on the Suria story from Jun 12, 2013, titled Obama taps senior diplomat as Malaysia.... In it, Suria reports that:

President Barack Obama on Wednesday named the acting top US diplomat on East Asia to be ambassador to Malaysia, fresh after an election in which the opposition alleged irregularities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Suria.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#42 Jun 13, 2013
BRUTE-CCK wrote:
<quoted text>
I mean there's base to develop further (from Campro/E01/etc). Typically military vehicles use diesel (turbo better), horsepower should start from 1000HP onwards
if u can make an engine, doesn't mean u can make the gearbox as well,this is the tech which is still missing in Proton technical know how, i heard about this back in 2010-2011 from a local automotive blogs. Not sure about the latest development though.

gearbox tech is among the toughest tech to master(Aviation,automotive,hyd raulics machine,Naval ship etc). Every auto engineer said that too, the Germans are well known to be the best in gear/transmission tech. The Japanese won't even share or even TOT their old gear tech with the Malaysians carmaker whatever price you offered them.

Location hidden

#43 Jun 13, 2013
lontong_balap wrote:
<quoted text>
the fact that LOTUS has been owned by Proton should be used by Malaysian to increase the performance of Proton's car power
Proton can ask LOTUS to teach Malaysian how to make a good and reliable engines
jet engines are very different with rocket, we still need more times to study this thing. but it will be different if you talk about turboprop engine used in propeller aeroplane. PT DI already has the technology
Yes, the PT DI already have the turboprop engine,that is a good sign for the future of Indonesian aviation industry. First, u'll have to thank the former RI president Bj Habibbie for his huge contribution towards RI aviation history...

What i heard about Lotus is,they we're just good at tuning the engine and perfecting the handling experience, they still depend on Toyota engine tech though because of the US emmision standard ruling.So, not much we can get from them in terms of the engine and gear/transmission tech perhaps...

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#44 Jun 13, 2013
Crush Em 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the PT DI already have the turboprop engine,that is a good sign for the future of Indonesian aviation industry. First, u'll have to thank the former RI president Bj Habibbie for his huge contribution towards RI aviation history...
absolutely, thats why till now there are many indonesians admire him as much as i do
Crush Em 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
What i heard about Lotus is,they we're just good at tuning the engine and perfecting the handling experience, they still depend on Toyota engine tech though because of the US emmision standard ruling.So, not much we can get from them in terms of the engine and gear/transmission tech perhaps...
howaa... what a loss
i thought you malaysian can lead ASEAN in automotive industry by owning LOTUS. nevertheless, you still have something to be proud of by having proton

Location hidden

#45 Jun 13, 2013
lontong_balap wrote:
<quoted text>
absolutely, thats why till now there are many indonesians admire him as much as i do
<quoted text>
howaa... what a loss
i thought you malaysian can lead ASEAN in automotive industry by owning LOTUS. nevertheless, you still have something to be proud of by having proton
i will be more proud if Proton can make their own gearbox/transmission in the future...once they master it, i believe any moving vehicle/plane/ship/constructio n machinery etc possibly can be made locally and will surely contribute something to our dream nusantara defense industry pact, insya allah.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#46 Jun 13, 2013
Crush Em 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
i will be more proud if Proton can make their own gearbox/transmission in the future...once they master it, i believe any moving vehicle/plane/ship/constructio n machinery etc possibly can be made locally and will surely contribute something to our dream nusantara defense industry pact, insya allah.
Amiiin Ya Rabb

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillary Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clinton blames Republican leaders for a 'paraly... 31 min Rednecks for Obama 1,446
News Trump Isn't Bluffing, He'll Deport 11 Million P... 38 min Truth is might 7,364
News In-person voting fraud is rare, doesn't affect ... 2 hr OOh OOh Ooh I Know 148
News Presidential golf: Scandal for thee, but not fo... 5 hr Slade surfer Thom... 13
News Trump campaign, RNC convene Hispanic outreach e... 5 hr Wildchild 2
News Fact Check: Trump Twists Facts on Clinton's Imm... 5 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 4
News Why it Matters: Income inequality 5 hr Christians In Nam... 347
More from around the web