Obama taps senior diplomat as Malaysi...

Obama taps senior diplomat as Malaysia...

There are 45 comments on the Suria story from Jun 12, 2013, titled Obama taps senior diplomat as Malaysia.... In it, Suria reports that:

President Barack Obama on Wednesday named the acting top US diplomat on East Asia to be ambassador to Malaysia, fresh after an election in which the opposition alleged irregularities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Suria.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#21 Jun 13, 2013
malon bajingan lonte wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry if i offended you
you cannot blame cambodia because china gives investation to them
if we really want them to join us we must give another equal investation to them
Correct too, money talks.. ASEAN countries need to be strong economically and financially. Maybe ASEAN can have own investment fund/bank (such as ADB) that can turn into war-chest fund

In recent turnaround, Myanmar open for business to Indo, Mal and western countries.. else it continues to be Chinese outpost/port

Since: Dec 12

Surabaya, Indonesia

#23 Jun 13, 2013
BRUTE-CCK wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct too, money talks.. ASEAN countries need to be strong economically and financially. Maybe ASEAN can have own investment fund/bank (such as ADB) that can turn into war-chest fund
In recent turnaround, Myanmar open for business to Indo, Mal and western countries.. else it continues to be Chinese outpost/port
i agree with it
ASEAN was supposed to be some sort of defense pact and a strong economy pact like UE

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#24 Jun 13, 2013
Crush Em 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
Malaysia have a limited numbers of military related skilled workers,we can only concentrate on certain industry such as shipbuilding and "small scale weapons."
the quoted words, is it means the production of Vita Berapi?
i admitted that the model is really bad
but if the what so called Vita Berapi has experiencing some modification it should be better for Malaysia

by producing it you guys will be released from imported guns and reducing the dependency from other country

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#25 Jun 13, 2013
lontong_balap wrote:
<quoted text>
the quoted words, is it means the production of Vita Berapi?
i admitted that the model is really bad
but if the what so called Vita Berapi has experiencing some modification it should be better for Malaysia
by producing it you guys will be released from imported guns and reducing the dependency from other country
The reality is, we don't have that numbers of skilled workers in military industry to start an industry, Indonesia have the numbers and experienced, simple, so Indonesia should lead this industry.

About the Vita Berapi, maybe u're right and u have full rights to say anything about it, i'm not offended at all...

:-)

Location hidden

#26 Jun 13, 2013
Crush Em 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
The reality is, we don't have that numbers of skilled workers in military industry to start an industry, Indonesia have the numbers and experienced, simple, so Indonesia should lead this industry.
About the Vita Berapi, maybe u're right and u have full rights to say anything about it, i'm not offended at all...
:-)
naahh... you keep saying that again and again
if we want to make a good military pact we should devide this industry in some countries

indonesia already has guns, amo, panzer, ship, rocket, airplane industry.
cuntries like Malaysia and Brunei should find another kind of industry to support this pact. for example: radar, robotic, satellite, enginery, etc

i believe with your country resources, you can build such industry

Location hidden

#27 Jun 13, 2013
malon bajingan lonte wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree with it
ASEAN was supposed to be some sort of defense pact and a strong economy pact like UE
Talk about strengthening our economies, we should increase trade via Asean Free Trade Area (AFTA) initiatives.. Now that global economy yet to recover from 2008 crisis

Location hidden

#28 Jun 13, 2013
BRUTE-CCK wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about strengthening our economies, we should increase trade via Asean Free Trade Area (AFTA) initiatives.. Now that global economy yet to recover from 2008 crisis
how about the "panda intruder" - ASEAN trade zone?
is that affecting our region economy to be better or worse?

Location hidden

#29 Jun 13, 2013
lontong_balap wrote:
<quoted text>
if we want to make a good military pact we should devide this industry in some countries
cuntries like Malaysia and Brunei should find another kind of industry to support this pact. for example: radar, robotic, satellite, enginery, etc
I agree, if former enemies can work on Airbus aircraft in Europe.. what more countries like ours. We should find which countries specializing in what.

What's missing in ASEAN is Nuclear Aircraft Carrier, Nuclear Submarine, ICBM, Tactical Nuke, 5th Gen Stealth Fighter, 5th Gen Stealth long-range Bomber, 5th Gen MBT & IFV, Ground-based & Satellite-based Laser, Electronic Warfare, Nuke/Bio/Hydrogen smart Bombs.. Hehehe wish-list too long

Location hidden

#30 Jun 13, 2013
lontong_balap wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe in the future, the engine design from our automotive industry might have a chance to be brought into the military industry, like i said before, we can only concentrate on certain military industry at one time.

Most of our industry skilled workers we're not in the military based industry, this is the problem, Malaysia need more conventional commercial industry workers than the military industry. It's more related to the supply and demand of the commercial industry goods vs the military industry, we don't have a choice then. If only we have the numbers like Indonesia, we might as well going the same path for sure, but realistically we don't have that.

Location hidden

#31 Jun 13, 2013
lontong_balap wrote:
<quoted text>
how about the "panda intruder" - ASEAN trade zone?
is that affecting our region economy to be better or worse?
Did you mean ASEAN countries which became backdoor to Chinese goods?

Since: Dec 12

Surabaya, Indonesia

#32 Jun 13, 2013
BRUTE-CCK wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, if former enemies can work on Airbus aircraft in Europe.. what more countries like ours. We should find which countries specializing in what.
What's missing in ASEAN is Nuclear Aircraft Carrier, Nuclear Submarine, ICBM, Tactical Nuke, 5th Gen Stealth Fighter, 5th Gen Stealth long-range Bomber, 5th Gen MBT & IFV, Ground-based & Satellite-based Laser, Electronic Warfare, Nuke/Bio/Hydrogen smart Bombs.. Hehehe wish-list too long
it may need 50 years for realization

Location hidden

#33 Jun 13, 2013
BRUTE-CCK wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you mean ASEAN countries which became backdoor to Chinese goods?
correct!!
i prefer to use dumping market than backdoor

Location hidden

#34 Jun 13, 2013
Crush Em 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe in the future, the engine design from our automotive industry might have a chance to be brought into the military industry, like i said before, we can only concentrate on certain military industry at one time.
Most of our industry skilled workers we're not in the military based industry, this is the problem, Malaysia need more conventional commercial industry workers than the military industry. It's more related to the supply and demand of the commercial industry goods vs the military industry, we don't have a choice then. If only we have the numbers like Indonesia, we might as well going the same path for sure, but realistically we don't have that.
hmm... very realistic

Location hidden

#35 Jun 13, 2013
lontong_balap wrote:
<quoted text>
correct!!
i prefer to use dumping market than backdoor
The rules said that local ASEAN content must be at least 40&#8201;% of the FOB value of the good. If it brings adverse trade effect, we can easily increase 40% to 90% if it needs to. So outside goods won't survive

Location hidden

#36 Jun 13, 2013
Crush Em 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
Proton's Campro engine should be used in indigenous Panser, 6x6 or 8x8 IFV/APC. Civilian industry should be dual-use and militarized at some point. Audi & Mitsubishi played their role in WW2

Jet engine production is elusive, but not impossible

Location hidden

#37 Jun 13, 2013
BRUTE-CCK wrote:
<quoted text>
Proton's Campro engine should be used in indigenous Panser, 6x6 or 8x8 IFV/APC. Civilian industry should be dual-use and militarized at some point. Audi & Mitsubishi played their role in WW2
Jet engine production is elusive, but not impossible
i don't think the Campro 1.6 is power enough for the heavy Panser, or is it enough?not sure about this.The early Campro is well known to have a problem with high fuel consumption,don't know if it still have the same problem with the early version.

Maybe the Petronas E01(now under Proton if i'm not mistaken) 2.0 engine might have the future to be used and maybe upgraded to suit military vehicle.

About jet engines, i believe Indonesia is way ahead in this department, if u're already manage to make a decent rocket missiles like the Lapan did, that's close enough i guess towards jet engine tech..

Location hidden

#38 Jun 13, 2013
Crush Em 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't think the Campro 1.6 is power enough for the heavy Panser, or is it enough?not sure about this.The early Campro is well known to have a problem with high fuel consumption,don't know if it still have the same problem with the early version.
Maybe the Petronas E01(now under Proton if i'm not mistaken) 2.0 engine might have the future to be used and maybe upgraded to suit military vehicle.
About jet engines, i believe Indonesia is way ahead in this department, if u're already manage to make a decent rocket missiles like the Lapan did, that's close enough i guess towards jet engine tech..
I mean there's base to develop further (from Campro/E01/etc). Typically military vehicles use diesel (turbo better), horsepower should start from 1000HP onwards

Location hidden

#39 Jun 13, 2013
BRUTE-CCK wrote:
<quoted text>
I mean there's base to develop further (from Campro/E01/etc). Typically military vehicles use diesel (turbo better), horsepower should start from 1000HP onwards
if it's a 1000HP onwards and Diesel powered, then it's a long way to go then...but the basics is already there, hopefully they working it out in the future.

Location hidden

#40 Jun 13, 2013
Crush Em 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
the fact that LOTUS has been owned by Proton should be used by Malaysian to increase the performance of Proton's car power
Proton can ask LOTUS to teach Malaysian how to make a good and reliable engines

jet engines are very different with rocket, we still need more times to study this thing. but it will be different if you talk about turboprop engine used in propeller aeroplane. PT DI already has the technology

Location hidden

#41 Jun 13, 2013
BRUTE-CCK wrote:
<quoted text>
agree... even anoa doesn't use local engine
it still use renault's and mercedes benz's engine
malaysian have a good start to make a good military vehicles

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillary Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Russian election meddling 'incontrovertible,' T... 11 min Drink Farts 30
News Clinton faults Obama for aggressive immigration... (Oct '15) 40 min Michael Flynns mu... 11
News Trump's repeated claim that he won a 'landslide... (Nov '16) 1 hr NNA 9,169
News US grand jury charges 13 Russians with meddling... 1 hr Retribution 52
News Why the left fears Russia 2 hr U_Nil_Name 127
News The Latest: 13 Russians accused of plot to disr... 2 hr Trump is a joke 9
News Anti-vaccine movement focuses attention on Texa... 4 hr MOUSE FARTS 2
More from around the web