Obama taps senior diplomat as Malaysia...

Jun 12, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Suria

President Barack Obama on Wednesday named the acting top US diplomat on East Asia to be ambassador to Malaysia, fresh after an election in which the opposition alleged irregularities.

Comments
1 - 20 of 45 Comments Last updated Jun 13, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

hmmm...i wonder why, he's a former assignee's to
S. Korea,Thai and Indonesia before, let's see what kind of relationship he have in mind as instructed by his boss,President Barry Soetoro ooops i mean Pres. Obama...

:-)
jebat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

this is interesting..hi3
The nomination comes amid a US push to boost relations with
Southeast Asia, which the Obama administration said had been
neglected.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

jebat wrote:
this is interesting..hi3
The nomination comes amid a US push to boost relations with
Southeast Asia, which the Obama administration said had been
neglected.
China related diplomacy...if China loaned their Panda to us, Obama might loaned us Angelina Jolie perhaps...hehehe

:-)
Tiga Mata

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

HA this clearly US China Offensive Stratley Strategy.

Malaysia have been neutral so far. The Question is how long can we continue neutral.

Both Countries are our major trading partners.
Avra Cadabra

Butterworth, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Be careful..US is a "warring" friend.. Malaysia should be smart enough to make friend with both China n US..avoid taking side..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

perhaps Malaysia will play the Thai way...remember WW2??? the Thai's make way for the Japs to conquer Malaya and Singapore...

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Crush Em 2013 wrote:
perhaps Malaysia will play the Thai way...remember WW2??? the Thai's make way for the Japs to conquer Malaya and Singapore...
Strong offense is the best defense.
If you live life being a LALANG or BARUA or BALACI as some would have called it, history will remember you as such

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

BRUTE-CCK wrote:
<quoted text>
Strong offense is the best defense.
If you live life being a LALANG or BARUA or BALACI as some would have called it, history will remember you as such
what other options we have when there's no offensive capabilities to begin with?? defensive yes, i believe we have that capability...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Crush Em 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
what other options we have when there's no offensive capabilities to begin with?? defensive yes, i believe we have that capability...
While proactive foreign policy is a must and should continue, there are rooms for improvements. Mutual defense treaty must be signed with the right partner(s).

ASEAN states must posses own technology for its military products and severe dependence from outside suppliers. Malaysia buying ANOA from Indonesia is a good start. Why there's no more regional joint-production on military hardware is beyond me.

ASEAN must be turned into NATO-like superstate union. I've heard this proposal from Vietnam and Philippine and surprisingly, Australia.

ASEAN/Nusantara must regain its past glory where its NO ONE's bath tub or playground.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

BRUTE-CCK wrote:
<quoted text>
While proactive foreign policy is a must and should continue, there are rooms for improvements. Mutual defense treaty must be signed with the right partner(s).
ASEAN states must posses own technology for its military products and severe dependence from outside suppliers. Malaysia buying ANOA from Indonesia is a good start. Why there's no more regional joint-production on military hardware is beyond me.
ASEAN must be turned into NATO-like superstate union. I've heard this proposal from Vietnam and Philippine and surprisingly, Australia.
ASEAN/Nusantara must regain its past glory where its NO ONE's bath tub or playground.
agree...but 1st of all,certain country such as Cambodia whom well known to be leaning towards China should neutralized their stand 1st, ASEAN should emulate the EU economically and militarily...

Indonesia,Malaysia and Brunei should formed their own military industry, we have no other places to go, we never run in the past even in our colonial days and war days, rain or shine we're all still here and will always be here in our beloved Nusantara...insyaallah.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Crush Em 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
agree...but 1st of all,certain country such as Cambodia whom well known to be leaning towards China should neutralized their stand 1st, ASEAN should emulate the EU economically and militarily...
Indonesia,Malaysia and Brunei should formed their own military industry, we have no other places to go, we never run in the past even in our colonial days and war days, rain or shine we're all still here and will always be here in our beloved Nusantara...insyaallah.
I understand certain countries like Cambodia is a thorn by our side, and ASEAN-way of seeking-consensus is self-defeating in nature, in a time of need.

You're right countries like Indonesia, Malaysia and Brunei should take the lead and form coalition of the willing, immediately.

Viet & Phil, i think will gladly join at an instance. This is what the outsider(s) fear.. united ASEAN front, militarily.

Come to think of it, history repeats itself 700+ years later. Talk about threat from the North.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

wooow... everones talking about military fact in ASEAN, nice discussion

carry on, i will follow the discussion later

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

BRUTE-CCK wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand certain countries like Cambodia is a thorn by our side, and ASEAN-way of seeking-consensus is self-defeating in nature, in a time of need.
You're right countries like Indonesia, Malaysia and Brunei should take the lead and form coalition of the willing, immediately.
Viet & Phil, i think will gladly join at an instance. This is what the outsider(s) fear.. united ASEAN front, militarily.
Come to think of it, history repeats itself 700+ years later. Talk about threat from the North.
Indonesia as a senior in military fabrication should lead the way, in terms of number of skilled military industrial workers Indonesia have in hand,there's no doubt only Indonesia currently have the cuts to lead these industry among the 3 nusantara country...keep up the good work.

Since: Dec 12

Semarang, Indonesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

BRUTE-CCK wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry if i offended you
you cannot blame cambodia because china gives investation to them
if we really want them to join us we must give another equal investation to them

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Crush Em 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
Indonesia as a senior in military fabrication should lead the way, in terms of number of skilled military industrial workers Indonesia have in hand,there's no doubt only Indonesia currently have the cuts to lead these industry among the 3 nusantara country...keep up the good work.
Indonesia leads in terms of local production of military hardware such as; Airforce (PT DI - IFX), Navy (PT PAL - many), Army (Pindad, etc), etc

Anyone knows whether Indonesia/Malaysia/Brunei has initiated any joint-production/cooperation for that matter?

(even there's such a thing, it could be a privileged inside info)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

BRUTE-CCK wrote:
<quoted text>
Indonesia leads in terms of local production of military hardware such as; Airforce (PT DI - IFX), Navy (PT PAL - many), Army (Pindad, etc), etc
Anyone knows whether Indonesia/Malaysia/Brunei has initiated any joint-production/cooperation for that matter?
Malaysia have a limited numbers of military related skilled workers,we can only concentrate on certain industry such as shipbuilding and small scale weapons.

That's why Indonesia should lead the way coz u're have the vast number of skilled labors and an established various military industry to begin with, keep it up, sooner or later the world will be fascinated with your products.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

BRUTE-CCK wrote:
<quoted text>
don't forget LAPAN for rocket industry bro
although it still far away to build something like S300, SCUD, or patriot, but i'm quite sure that they will make it such things someday

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

lontong_balap wrote:
<quoted text>
although it still far away to build something like S300, SCUD, or patriot, but i'm quite sure that they will make it such things someday
keep it up, ASEAN country should be proud of that achievement, if India could have their own Brahmos, why not Indonesia with their own LAPAN...

Since: Dec 12

Semarang, Indonesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

lontong_balap wrote:
<quoted text>
we can do the research but the time is long to build S-300/Patriot
we can build Long and Medium Range SAM now if we get TOT from advanced country such rusia, china or AS

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

lontong_balap wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, LAPAN successfully launched their rockets

from what i gather LAPAN only lacks the (completed-proven) guidance component (GPS, Laser, CMOS, etc). Though some prototype is in progress

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••