Panetta ready for Senate grilling on ...

Panetta ready for Senate grilling on Benghazi attack

There are 173 comments on the USA Today story from Feb 7, 2013, titled Panetta ready for Senate grilling on Benghazi attack. In it, USA Today reports that:

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Joint Chiefs Chairman Martin Dempsey answer questions about deadly attack on U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

Since: Dec 07

Athens, TX

#83 Feb 8, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
George Bush's rating = 22 percent.
Of course, we remember you telling us all that Romney had a seven percent lead the day before the election, eh, DUMBO?
How's that seven percent working out for you, Dumbo?
How come you forgot to mention Obama has higher numbers than ANY other politician, Dumbo?
Iraq and Afghanistan are working democracies, over three million girls educated now......Libya, Syria and Egypt are in flames after nobama's dealings!! LMAO

Egypt and Iran forming an alliance.....

nobama's foreign policy decisions are pale and distastrous..he couldn't shine W's shoes...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#84 Feb 8, 2013
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Iraq and Afghanistan are working democracies, over three million girls educated now......Libya, Syria and Egypt are in flames after nobama's dealings!! LMAO
Egypt and Iran forming an alliance.....
nobama's foreign policy decisions are pale and distastrous..he couldn't shine W's shoes...
you mean the guy who finished those two? sure gal, sure...

Wasn'[t it really Bush's policy that started the Arab spring? remeber when he said invading Iraq would start a string of democracies in the Near East? just exactly what has happened!

You really need to learn before you make such a fool of yourself...

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#85 Feb 8, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
No one would want your mouth anything above the waist, Dumbo, even in life or death situation.
It is why people in your neighborhood wear "do not rusticate" bracelets, on the off chance you may be nearby.
<quoted text>
FLASH, this just in: Topix readers are still laughing their azzes off!
You would think DUMBO would check his sources before cross posting his DUMBOSpam across the web.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Wishful thinking huh orca or is it Namu as your alias. I didn't say I was coming and wouldn't touch your diseased body with a rabid skunk. PETA would object.

au contraire

Location hidden

#86 Feb 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you mean the guy who finished those two? sure gal, sure...
Wasn'[t it really Bush's policy that started the Arab spring? remeber when he said invading Iraq would start a string of democracies in the Near East? just exactly what has happened!
You really need to learn before you make such a fool of yourself...
Dereliction of Duty..........

Sen. Lindsey Graham vowed Friday to hold President Obama "accountable" for his leadership on Benghazi, after the top two Defense Department leaders testified that they had just one conversation with Obama during the course of the Sept. 11 terror attack.

During testimony before the Senate Armed Services Committee Thursday, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey said they spoke with Obama at 5 p.m. ET on Sept. 11 last year. They were both on the same call, and said it lasted about 30 minutes.

Dempsey said they did not speak again until the attack was over.

Graham, who had demanded that Panetta testify on Libya as a condition for allowing the nomination of Chuck Hagel to proceed, aggressively questioned both witnesses on the president's actions.

Graham wrote on his Twitter account Friday: "President Obama has to account for his leadership on #Benghazi and I intend it hold him accountable."

He said Thursday on Fox News that "thus far the White House has delayed, denied, deceived and stonewalled and this has to come to an end. He has to account for his leadership."

During the hearing, Graham questioned why there weren't subsequent follow-up conversations with the president.

"It lasted almost eight hours ... did the president show any curiosity?" Graham asked.

Panetta said there was "no question" Obama "was concerned about American lives."

"With all due respect," Graham responded, "I don't believe that's a credible statement if he never called and asked you,'are we helping these people?'"

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/08/pa...

St. Croix valley

#88 Feb 8, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Dereliction of Duty..........
Sen. Lindsey Graham vowed Friday to hold President Obama "accountable" for his leadership on Benghazi, after the top two Defense Department leaders testified that they had just one conversation with Obama during the course of the Sept. 11 terror attack.
During testimony before the Senate Armed Services Committee Thursday, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey said they spoke with Obama at 5 p.m. ET on Sept. 11 last year. They were both on the same call, and said it lasted about 30 minutes.
Graham, who had demanded that Panetta testify on Libya as a condition for allowing the nomination of Chuck Hagel to proceed, aggressively questioned both witnesses on the president's actions.
Graham wrote on his Twitter account Friday: "President Obama has to account for his leadership on #Benghazi and I intend it hold him accountable."
He said Thursday on Fox News that "thus far the White House has delayed, denied, deceived and stonewalled and this has to come to an end. He has to account for his leadership."
During the hearing, Graham questioned why there weren't subsequent follow-up conversations with the president.
"It lasted almost eight hours ... did the president show any curiosity?" Graham asked.
Panetta said there was "no question" Obama "was concerned about American lives."
"With all due respect," Graham responded, "I don't believe that's a credible statement if he never called and asked you,'are we helping these people?'"
you have no idea how that works, do you? neither does this grandstanding congressman...

both of you should be ashamed for dancing on stevens grave to support your partisan ways...

au contraire

Location hidden

#89 Feb 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you have no idea how that works, do you? neither does this grandstanding congressman...
both of you should be ashamed for dancing on stevens grave to support your partisan ways...
Dancing on it, oh no, is that how Hillary fell down and could come before congress for 5 months.

This is in the congressional record, and proves Obama cared nothing about Stevens or the three others. He went to bed and woke up with everyone dead, but didn't care enough to even ask the department heads what went on or if anyone did anything.

au contraire

Location hidden

#90 Feb 8, 2013
couldn't come before congress.

St. Croix valley

#91 Feb 8, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Dancing on it, oh no, is that how Hillary fell down and could come before congress for 5 months.
This is in the congressional record, and proves Obama cared nothing about Stevens or the three others. He went to bed and woke up with everyone dead, but didn't care enough to even ask the department heads what went on or if anyone did anything.
No, it shows you and those congressmen doing this have no shame and are politicizing the deaths of people far, far braver than they could ever hope to be.

you woud be the scum that scum laughs at when they step in even lower scum.

au contraire

Location hidden

#92 Feb 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, it shows you and those congressmen doing this have no shame and are politicizing the deaths of people far, far braver than they could ever hope to be.
you woud be the scum that scum laughs at when they step in even lower scum.
My my my, so the congression record is spam huh. Interesting. Obama went to bed and four ended up dead.

St. Croix valley

#93 Feb 8, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>My my my, so the congression record is spam huh. Interesting. Obama went to bed and four ended up dead.
Who said it was spam? it is dispicable grave dancing...you are promoting it.

we all know what happened adn how it was handled as it should have been.
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#94 Feb 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Who said it was spam? it is dispicable grave dancing...you are promoting it.
No wooddick, we do NOT know what happened and by all appearances it was extremely inept at the least. And this is the second day in a row of your constant posting on non-gay threads that nobody agrees with, nor cares about. It is NOT our fault you moved to one of the most God forsaken parts of the entire U.S. and are bored off your ass. Go scrape some ice off the roof or something, you're wasting time on here as usual.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#95 Feb 8, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Wishful thinking huh orca or is it Namu as your alias. I didn't say I was coming and wouldn't touch your diseased body
You don't have to worry, ScrotumSniffer, I don't go into public bathrooms.

au contraire

Location hidden

#96 Feb 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Who said it was spam? it is dispicable grave dancing...you are promoting it.
Really, what was it when the NYT wanted to plaster the death toll on the front of their and most major papers during Bush's Presidency. What was it when you loons tried to politize the drapped caskets.......you need to learn pookie, that every thing you accuse us of, you have already done......well except Bush didn't go to bed in the middle of a crisis, and then fly to Vegas to party.

St. Croix valley

#97 Feb 8, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Really, what was it when the NYT wanted to plaster the death toll on the front of their and most major papers during Bush's Presidency. What was it when you loons tried to politize the drapped caskets.......you need to learn pookie, that every thing you accuse us of, you have already done......well except Bush didn't go to bed in the middle of a crisis, and then fly to Vegas to party.
i didn't do that puddin' then of course, i was crying bullshit from the start on Bush's reason for war in iraq and how it was the wrong thing to run away from the tough fight agaisnt terrorism. he ran away!

worst president in history.
Cat74

United States

#98 Feb 8, 2013
According to Penetta he, and General Dempsey spoke with Obama for 15 minutes, and did not confer with Him again during the 7 1/2 hours Our Ambassador was being sodomized, tortured and murdered on 9-11 in Benghazi. Nor did he bother to speak to Secy. Clinton. We have a government where no one is in charge. Now all those Americans are dead. Who the hell is in charge of this insane asylum?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#99 Feb 8, 2013
Orchestration to manipulate the vote.
But is it Impeachable when the MSM is in on it.
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>Dereliction of Duty..........

St. Croix valley

#100 Feb 8, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
According to Penetta he, and General Dempsey spoke with Obama for 15 minutes, and did not confer with Him again during the 7 1/2 hours Our Ambassador was being sodomized, tortured and murdered on 9-11 in Benghazi. Nor did he bother to speak to Secy. Clinton. We have a government where no one is in charge. Now all those Americans are dead. Who the hell is in charge of this insane asylum?
yeah, the president told the head of the military to do what the military does. he did it.

what part of this don't you understand?
Your Ex

United States

#101 Feb 8, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
Actually, smoke inhalation was the cause of death, sodomdy is forbidden under both Islamic and Sharia law, and you can't really torture a dead man, but hey, whatever gets you 'there' late at night is really none of my business....

St. Croix valley

#102 Feb 8, 2013
Your Ex wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, smoke inhalation was the cause of death, sodomdy is forbidden under both Islamic and Sharia law, and you can't really torture a dead man, but hey, whatever gets you 'there' late at night is really none of my business....
yeah, lots of lies being told about those brave, dead men...

you'd think they'd have more respect...
Your Ex

United States

#103 Feb 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, lots of lies being told about those brave, dead men...
you'd think they'd have more respect...
If you really want to get all bunched up, Google what Stevens' parents said about their son's death being used for partisan political fodder.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillary Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News White House: FBI records show 'extreme bias' ag... 14 min Retribution 52
News Trump thinks write-ins like Nick Saban were - a... 20 min NoIncumbent 15
News FBI agent removed from Russia probe called Trum... 57 min Memo from Turner 67
News Trump reacts to Flynn's guilty plea by slamming... 58 min spud 146
News After Alabama, abortion may be backseat issue i... 7 hr Card Carrying Zio... 11
News Adam Schiff worried Republicans will curb Russi... 8 hr Cordwainer Trout 7
News Will Donald Trump be invited to the royal wedding? 8 hr L O L 93
More from around the web