Benghazi Witness: Clinton Sought End-...

Benghazi Witness: Clinton Sought End-Run Around Counter Terror Unit

There are 607 comments on the Fox News story from May 5, 2013, titled Benghazi Witness: Clinton Sought End-Run Around Counter Terror Unit. In it, Fox News reports that:

On the night of Sept. 11, as the Obama administration scrambled to respond to the Benghazi terror attacks, then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and a key aide effectively tried to cut the department's own counterterrorism bureau out of the chain of reporting and decision-making, according to a "whistle-blower" witness from that bureau who will ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox News.

spocko

Oakland, CA

#346 May 15, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
These attacks happen,and,all the attacks that happened on Bush' watch were met with an armed response by American security that actually had live ammunition.
None happened on the anniversary of 9-11 because he was smart enough to beef up security,kind of a no-brainer,for some.
And Bush didn't blame an episode of All in the family for any of the attacks,or,blame anyone but the perps,for that matter.
Why aren't the GOPers outraged that security at Benghazi was cut by their own congress people?? Why haven't ANY of these 'brave patriots', as they like to call themselves, not questioned why tax cuts for the super rich are more important than American Lives serving at our embassies??
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#347 May 15, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Why aren't the GOPers outraged that security at Benghazi was cut by their own congress people?? Why haven't ANY of these 'brave patriots', as they like to call themselves, not questioned why tax cuts for the super rich are more important than American Lives serving at our embassies??
They control the House and your libtard party controls the senate, so who cut what and when and where?
spocko

Oakland, CA

#348 May 15, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
They control the House and your libtard party controls the senate, so who cut what and when and where?
For fiscal 2013, the GOP-controlled House proposed spending $1.934 billion for the State Department's Worldwide Security Protection program -- well below the $2.15&#8201;billion requested by the Obama administration. House Republicans cut the administration's request for embassy security funding by $128 million in fiscal 2011 and $331 million in fiscal 2012. Last year, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton warned that Republicans' proposed cuts to her department would be "detrimental to America's national security"
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#349 May 15, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
These attacks happen,and,all the attacks that happened on Bush' watch were met with an armed response by American security that actually had live ammunition.
None happened on the anniversary of 9-11 because he was smart enough to beef up security,kind of a no-brainer,for some.
And Bush didn't blame an episode of All in the family for any of the attacks,or,blame anyone but the perps,for that matter.
So they were attacked 3 times. But you consider flubs had his ass covered because 'he' beefed up security on the anniversaries of 911?

hahahahahahahahahaha
Brad

Manchester, CT

#350 May 15, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
So they were attacked 3 times. But you consider flubs had his ass covered because 'he' beefed up security on the anniversaries of 911?
hahahahahahahahahaha
What does it matter at this point?
They were all just bumps in the road.
Isn't that how Bush put it?
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#351 May 15, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
What does it matter at this point?
They were all just bumps in the road.
Isn't that how Bush put it?
5,000 bumps in military cemeteries.
Brad

Manchester, CT

#352 May 15, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
5,000 bumps in military cemeteries.
All this over a stupid flag?
Isn't that how Laura Bush put it?
conservative crapola

Nazareth, PA

#353 May 15, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
All this over a stupid flag?
Isn't that how Laura Bush put it?
Was that in "My Pet Goat"?
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#354 May 15, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
For fiscal 2013, the GOP-controlled House proposed spending $1.934 billion for the State Department's Worldwide Security Protection program -- well below the $2.15&#8201;billion requested by the Obama administration. House Republicans cut the administration's request for embassy security funding by $128 million in fiscal 2011 and $331 million in fiscal 2012. Last year, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton warned that Republicans' proposed cuts to her department would be "detrimental to America's national security"
What site did you dig this up from?
spocko

Oakland, CA

#355 May 15, 2013
First, Benghazi was not an embassy it was a very small consulate staffed by, mostly, CIA.
Second, any US embassy is, by law, staffed with armed Marines, not to protect the ambassador but to product the building and the US Govít documents it contains.
We know that Chris Stevens was sincerely devoted to helping the Libyan people and was tirelessly advocating on their behalf. As a career diplomat, Ambassador Stevens was well aware of the balance needed between the security consciousness of the American public and the genuine need to engage required by his diplomatic work. If in the end he chose to prioritize the latter at the expense of his own safety, it was a choice he made trusting the Libyan people.
More bluster, more finger-pointing and further isolating US diplomats in hermetically sealed embassies isnít going to make their mission any easier. The more the US retreats into fortified embassies and the more it rages like a wounded titan, the less influence its soft-power institutions, like the State Department, will wield. Replacing the current State Department security with more praetorian guards and uniformed military isnít going to improve that image any, and will just make the job for people like Chris Stevens harder.
Worse, the notion that militarizing all foreign policy is a good idea remains a central plank of one major party. Romney/Ryan rhetoric has made it clear that they want to reduce foreign aid and state department funding in general in favor of greater military expenditures. Congressman Ryanís discretionary budget plan calls for reducing State and USAIDís overall funding by about 40% by 2014 while boosting military spending by 14% over the Obama Administrationís baseline.
A more holistic foreign policy approach and a lessening of the emphasis placed on hard power is what the US needs more than ever.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#356 May 15, 2013
spocko wrote:
First, Benghazi was not an embassy it was a very small consulate staffed by, mostly, CIA.
Second, any US embassy is, by law, staffed with armed Marines, not to protect the ambassador but to product the building and the US Govít documents it contains.
We know that Chris Stevens was sincerely devoted to helping the Libyan people and was tirelessly advocating on their behalf. As a career diplomat, Ambassador Stevens was well aware of the balance needed between the security consciousness of the American public and the genuine need to engage required by his diplomatic work. If in the end he chose to prioritize the latter at the expense of his own safety, it was a choice he made trusting the Libyan people.
More bluster, more finger-pointing and further isolating US diplomats in hermetically sealed embassies isnít going to make their mission any easier. The more the US retreats into fortified embassies and the more it rages like a wounded titan, the less influence its soft-power institutions, like the State Department, will wield. Replacing the current State Department security with more praetorian guards and uniformed military isnít going to improve that image any, and will just make the job for people like Chris Stevens harder.
Worse, the notion that militarizing all foreign policy is a good idea remains a central plank of one major party. Romney/Ryan rhetoric has made it clear that they want to reduce foreign aid and state department funding in general in favor of greater military expenditures. Congressman Ryanís discretionary budget plan calls for reducing State and USAIDís overall funding by about 40% by 2014 while boosting military spending by 14% over the Obama Administrationís baseline.
A more holistic foreign policy approach and a lessening of the emphasis placed on hard power is what the US needs more than ever.
Uhhh Huuuuh.. which one of your 4th grade pals wrote this?
spocko

Oakland, CA

#357 May 15, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>Uhhh Huuuuh.. which one of your 4th grade pals wrote this?
No doubt any fourth grader, with a brain, could actually understand my post and come up with a half-way dissent rebuttal ...
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#358 May 15, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt any fourth grader, with a brain, could actually understand my post and come up with a half-way dissent rebuttal ...
It's not worth it.........that commentary is just that...commentary or verbal diarrhea....
realist

Greensboro, NC

#359 May 15, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
What does it matter at this point?
They were all just bumps in the road.
Isn't that how Bush put it?
You are confused. Those words belong to Obama.
realist

Greensboro, NC

#360 May 15, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
All this over a stupid flag?
Isn't that how Laura Bush put it?
Naw that gal was Michelle Obama that said that.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

#361 May 15, 2013
Report: Stevens Twice Turned Down Extra Security in Benghazi

......oops
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#362 May 15, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>This one is more important, 4 Americans died. The Hil-Bily, will scream, bluster, and pant... Ain't gonna change what happened. She shouldn't have been in that position. She failed, now CYA takes over. She sure has a lot to cover...
Oh. Right.

You can multiple that by 1,100 and you still won't match the number of troops bushie boy killed for no reason.

And we're not even counting civilians.
Brad

Manchester, CT

#363 May 15, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that in "My Pet Goat"?
Lets review.
Bush delayed his response by 6 minutes on 9-11 so he didn't scare the bejebus out of a class room full of 7 year olds.
Oblamer NEVER responded to Benghazi on 9-11.
Bush was asked to delay his response after Katrina,for a day.
The day after Sandy Oblamer went to Vegas to a fund raiser with his thug buddy JayZ at 40,000 per plate and didn't show his face in Jersey for days.
Oblamers response time to the BP oil spill in the gulf,over a week.
What say you Oblamer apologist?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#364 May 15, 2013
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
These attacks happen,and,all the attacks that happened on Bush' watch were met with an armed response by American security that actually had live ammunition.
None happened on the anniversary of 9-11 because he was smart enough to beef up security,kind of a no-brainer,for some.
And Bush didn't blame an episode of All in the family for any of the attacks,or,blame anyone but the perps,for that matter.
Son, in case you've forgotten...

... bushie couldn't defend the home turf while being at battle stations.
Brad

Manchester, CT

#365 May 15, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Son, in case you've forgotten...
... bushie couldn't defend the home turf while being at battle stations.
What does it matter at this point?
Hillary said that 4 months after the Benghazi attack and you're re-hashing 12 year old news?
Can't have it both ways,Missy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hillary Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jane Sanders: It would be nice if FBI moved alo... 31 min Jeff Brightone 1
News Americans' confidence in economy at 2016 low 38 min Go Blue Forever 15
News Trump's mention of 'woman's card' draws backlash 1 hr Go Blue Forever 11
News Clinton dominates the battle for Hollywood endo... 1 hr FancyButtPirate 6
News Cruz's Indiana plan: Throw everything at the wa... 1 hr Truth 1
News Voters have trust issues with Hillary Clinton? ... (Jul '15) 1 hr Denny CranesPlace 5,434
News Trump, Clinton sweep to victory in Northeastern... 2 hr Just Sayin 38
More from around the web